Bravo, Ron Paul

It was not a random quote. The quote came directly from the reference that the website you linked to references.

http://shup.com/Shup/407312/110726101022-The-text-of-the-Koran-is-undeniable.-How-can-you-be-Muslim-and-still-support-our-Constitution-Mozilla-Firefox.png

And here is another one---9.5 to be exact. Their summaries are in plain language and possibly a little dramatic, but read the text, put it in context, then tell me I've got it all wrong.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=simple&q1=9%3A5&size=First+100

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here is another one---9.5 to be exact. Their summaries are in plain language and possibly a little dramatic, but read the text, put it in context, then tell me I've got it all wrong.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=simple&q1=9%3A5&size=First+100

You want conner to give you the reach-around now?

Don't do it conner.

Edited by Peace

Lol. I'm not going to defend the Koran as a whole. I'm sure there are plenty messed up verses in there. There are also plenty of messed up verses in the Bible. Things such as selling your daughter into slavery, or rape captives in war, there are chapters on genocide. I don't accuse Christians of doing these things.

Edited by conner

Lol. I'm not going to defend the Koran as a whole. I'm sure there are plenty messed up verses in there. There are also plenty of messed up verses in the Bible. Things such as selling your daughter into slavery, or rape captives in war, there are chapters on genocide. I don't accuse Christians of doing these things.

This all got started with a statement re Islamic peaceful intentions towards other religions. The Koran itself doesn't appear to call for much peaceful coexistance. It appears to call for a lot of slaying and making infidals be submissive. Would you agree?

This all got started with a statement re Islamic peaceful intentions towards other religions. The Koran itself doesn't appear to call for much peaceful coexistance. It appears to call for a lot of slaying and making infidals be submissive. Would you agree?

Christianity would appear to call for a lot of rape and slavery and genocide. Would you agree?

NOT so fast...this being conner, there's an excellent chance he could decide to lose this argument.

Good job, you !@#$ing dumbass. :wallbash::lol:

Christianity would appear to call for a lot of rape and slavery and genocide. Would you agree?

No

Did you read what you linked to?

Yes, did you? Those three are just a drop in the bucket of objectionable verses in the Bible.[ Old Testament

Deuteronomy 7:1-2

Deuteronomy 20:16

1 Samuel 15:2-3

Joshua 6:20-21

Jeremiah 50:21-22

I corrected it for you. Remember it went from that "eye for an eye" thing to "turn the other cheek"

I corrected it for you. Remember it went from that "eye for an eye" thing to "turn the other cheek"

I'm not saying Christians are bad people or actively commit genocide or Rape. But I am saying these things are in their Holy Book. And in the same way, I don't assume Muslims kill infidels because you can quote some verse in their Holy Book that has such an event.

Do you understand now?

I'm not saying Christians are bad people or actively commit genocide or Rape. But I am saying these things are in their Holy Book. And in the same way, I don't assume Muslims kill infidels because you can quote some verse in their Holy Book that has such an event.

Do you understand now?

Their Holy Book instructs them what to do in general terms. The Old Testament that you cited talked about specific commands or specific things that happened. That is actually beside the point though. The original debate is if Islam is friendly towards other religions. What do you think?

Their Holy Book instructs them what to do in general terms. The Old Testament that you cited talked about specific commands or specific things that happened. That is actually beside the point though. The original debate is if Islam is friendly towards other religions. What do you think?

Are you telling Muslims what their own Holy Book says?

Is the Old Testament not part of the Bible or something? Why do you disregard it's verses?

Islam *is* friendly towards other religions, I said that already.

Edited by conner

Is the Old Testament not part of the Bible or something? Why do you disregard it's verses?

I'm telling you that. You really need to do something with your reading comprehension.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I'm telling you that. You really need to do something with your reading comprehension.

Hold on...this exchange is going to go downhill very quickly. I need popcorn.

Get the large tub.

Y'know, you were pretty much losing the argument...until conner, in accordance with the prophecy, decided to make a wild swerve into idiotville with his "Well, the Bible has words too!" gambit.

The kid's just !@#$ing brilliant...so irretreviably stupid that you can never be quite sure he's not completely faking it.

Problem is you are the one who clearly misunderstands what is happening here.

But since you have a New Testament fetish, let me play that game for you..

Romans 1:24-32

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Man is that the New Testement telling Christians to put gays and the sexually impure to death??? Christians must really only be interested in killing all gays, their Holy Book clearly tells them to do such things.