Bravo, Ron Paul

They should have prayed to Jesus to find out if he approves.

Yes, American Islamophobia is really about the conflict between Christianity and Islam.

Y'see, this is why you're considered a complete idiot. It has nothing to do with whether anyone agrees or disagrees with you, it's entirely because you're a complete ignoramus whose entire thought process is !@#$ed sideways.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when is that the State's business during construction?

Are you talking about the State of NY or "state" in general?

They should have prayed to Jesus to find out if he approves.

Any idea why Pakistan and India don't get along?

Are you talking about the State of NY or "state" in general?

Both. No state entity asked me who was providing funding when I built my office.

People only want to know now because it's a mosque.

Edited by Peace

Both. No state entity asked me who was providing funding when I built my office.

People only want to know now because it's a mosque.

The state may require you to prove that you have the necessary funding to complete the project, but not necessarily the sources.

On the other hand, in order for the construction to go on, chances are the developers will need to obtain construction funding. Any financial company that provides that funding will need to comply with PATRIOT Act and will need to verify the conditions of the Know Your Customer rule.

So for all the catcalls about the source of funding, it will all be disclosed in some manner, as no bank will touch the financing if there are questionable sources.

For the same reason that China and Pakistan don't get along, or that Norway and Pakistan don't get along, or that Russia and Pakistan don't get along. Oh wait, they all get along just fine.

Come on, if you are going to cite unrelated ages old conflicts, then maybe you could cite the Catholics and Protestants in your "arguments"?

Yes, American Islamophobia is really about the conflict between Christianity and Islam.

Hey, you've finally stated a fact. Nice job.

Edited by conner

For the same reason that China and Pakistan don't get along, or that Norway and Pakistan don't get along, or that Russia and Pakistan don't get along. Oh wait, they all get along just fine.

Come on, if you are going to cite unrelated ages old conflicts, then maybe you could cite the Catholics and Protestants in your "arguments"?

I guess I was being too subtle for you. In general, does the Islamic religion call for peaceful coexistance with any other religion?

Hey, wait a minute, I see what you did there. You took a sarcastic remark, intended to display your blithering idiocy, out of context and charactized it as a serious observation, in order to make yourself look like something other than a blithering idiot.

Very crafty of you there, conner. Quite possibly the most creative word play this board has ever seen. Absolutely fascinating...your incomparable command of the language almost had us all fooled.

The state may require you to prove that you have the necessary funding to complete the project, but not necessarily the sources.

Good thing too. How many lower Manhattan construction projects wouldn't have gone forward if their "family financing" had to be disclosed? 0:)

On the other hand, in order for the construction to go on, chances are the developers will need to obtain construction funding. Any financial company that provides that funding will need to comply with PATRIOT Act and will need to verify the conditions of the Know Your Customer rule.

So for all the catcalls about the source of funding, it will all be disclosed in some manner, as no bank will touch the financing if there are questionable sources.

The issue here is that people are calling on legislatures, and legislators are calling on the mosque, to publicly disclose funding. But that's not legal, to my knowledge.

What private companies do between them (requiring disclosures to secure loans, etc) is their business within the boundaries of the PATRIOT Act.

The issue here is that people are calling on legislatures, and legislators are calling on the mosque, to publicly disclose funding. But that's not legal, to my knowledge.

What private companies do between them (requiring disclosures to secure loans, etc) is their business within the boundaries of the PATRIOT Act.

No, many municipalities do require a bond or proof that a building project can be completed. My city for example even has a law that allows them to confiscate part of an insurance settlement until the work has been completed.

When has that ever stopped political pandering?

No, many municipalities do require a bond or proof that a building project can be completed. My city for example even has a law that allows them to confiscate part of an insurance settlement until the work has been completed.

That's not the same as requiring identification of the funding source. Posting a bond just requires evidence of the funding.

If the mosque just has to do what everyone has to do, this is not an issue. But people are calling on the State to require them to publicly disclose their funding source, which to my knowledge, is not legal.

When has that ever stopped political pandering?

I can't argue with that except that these people seem eager to increase governments control over religion--but only because it's not their religion. Scary stuff.

That's not the same as requiring identification of the funding source. Posting a bond just requires evidence of the funding.

If the mosque just has to do what everyone has to do, this is not an issue. But people are calling on the State to require them to publicly disclose their funding source, which to my knowledge, is not legal.

I said "require a bond or proof that a building project can be completed". Typically the funding source would be made known then.

I can't argue with that except that these people seem eager to increase governments control over religion--but only because it's not their religion. Scary stuff.

Do not count me as one of those. They have the right to go there. It is my opinion that if they are trying to build a "bridge" that they shouldn't build there. If they are trying to stir up controversy and risk insulting a majority of americans then they should absolutely go there.

I guess I was being too subtle for you. In general, does the Islamic religion call for peaceful coexistance with any other religion?

Yes. And by in general, I mean 99% of Muslims are generally happy to co-exist with other religions.

But just like the KKK does not represent all of Christianity, Al Qaeda does not represent all of Islam.

Yes. And by in general, I mean 99% of Muslims are generally happy to co-exist with other religions.

But just like the KKK does not represent all of Christianity, Al Qaeda does not represent all of Islam.

What does the Koran say about this?

What does the Koran say about this?

That Islam must respect and protect other religions "of the book" (so literally, Christianity and Judaism). And that in lieu of service to the caliphites, they must pay a tax (the jizya, I believe).

http://infidelsarecool.com/2006/12/28/overwhelming-evidence-of-i/

I guess it just depends upon where you get your information.

I got mine from the Koran.

Let me fill in your reply: "So did I".

No, you got yours third-hand from a single online translation that - again - you accepted unquestioningly because it agreed with your preconceived notons. Again...halfwit.

No, you got yours third-hand from a single online translation that - again - you accepted unquestioningly because it agreed with your preconceived notons. Again...halfwit.

And everyone knows a preconceived noton is the worst kind of noton. :D

No, Connor's Hero, I perused several english language sites and they all basically said the same thing. I didn't have time to read the Koran in its entirety.

Do you get some kind of joy trying to be an internet bully? You are so intellectually honest that you make up quotes of my answers? I'm getting a picture of what your real life must be like and frankly, it isn't pretty.

And everyone knows a preconceived noton is the worst kind of noton. :D

I'm not sure if my noton was preconceived, postconceived or just plain conceived.