Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

Here's another one, Scott.

It seems like only our posts from the last calendar year have been preserved…am I correct that this is the case?

no... We have 1.9 million posts here dating back to 2004 I believe. We are missing a years worth of data though due to a hard drive failure.

That's odd. Now I'm only getting 40 pages of my posts…1000 posts.

Before when I tried, I could only get posts from the last calendar year.

edit: This is from "my content"

There have been 1000 items by San Jose Bills Fan

(Search limited from 25-August 09)

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 30 min time frame does seem pretty short to tweak a post or, as someone else posted earlier, to tone down (tone up? :devil: ) a critique of another poster.

What he said.

Why limit the time? I often write something and come back after a while and say "Jeez, that was harsh/stupid/non-responsive, why did I write that?" check whether anyone has responded, and if nobody has, I change it. Is that no longer allowed?

Also, if I respond to more than one post, this new system gathers all the replies into one post, which is sometimes not what I wanted, sometimes makes the whole thing hard to read and follow, and makes it absolute hell to edit.

Any way I can get around this?

Thanks,

Thurman#1

It cuts down on the number of replies just to make things a little cleaner and to artificially make the posters look smarter (like they know how to manage multi-quote). :)

Put me down as against this. It feels to me like you're taking away my ability to decide how my posts look and are formatted.

I live in Tokyo, Japan, and so I'm often posting when many are fast asleep and few are on the boards. So, especially if I'm working my way through a long thread, I might reply to five or six posts, and since you folks in America are all asleep, nobody posts between. Under this system, these types of posts are going to look long, disjointed and unreadable.

EDIT: Oh, it didn't happen here. Has it already been changed? Please ignore this post if you already changed it.

Edited by Thurman#1

Okay, something weird is going on now...

I visit the Stadium Wall by computer and with my iPod Touch. At first the site could tell which was which and loaded either the full version, or the mobile version on my iPod. But now if I visit with me iPod, then switch to my computer, it stays in mobile mode. Same visa versa...when I use my iPod it's full version until I manually switch to mobile mode. How do I get it to go back to auto-detect mode?

PTR

Okay, something weird is going on now...

I visit the Stadium Wall by computer and with my iPod Touch. At first the site could tell which was which and loaded either the full version, or the mobile version on my iPod. But now if I visit with me iPod, then switch to my computer, it stays in mobile mode. Same visa versa...when I use my iPod it's full version until I manually switch to mobile mode. How do I get it to go back to auto-detect mode?

PTR

I'm guessing you set a cookie somehow, maybe by manually selecting a skin. Try clearing them by selecting "delete cookies" on the forum view page down at the bottom left.

The "Two Bills Drive" banner link resolves to the forums page, not the twobillsdrive page.

Should it go the home page?

How do I turn off the gallery of pictures???

Thanks.

You can't. I'm looking to see what option are there for the side bar instead of across the top.

Put me down as against this. It feels to me like you're taking away my ability to decide how my posts look and are formatted.

I live in Tokyo, Japan, and so I'm often posting when many are fast asleep and few are on the boards. So, especially if I'm working my way through a long thread, I might reply to five or six posts, and since you folks in America are all asleep, nobody posts between. Under this system, these types of posts are going to look long, disjointed and unreadable.

EDIT: Oh, it didn't happen here. Has it already been changed? Please ignore this post if you already changed it.

Consecutive replies made within 10 minutes of each get combined. Sorry, no one wants to see 5 posts in row from the same person.

The "Two Bills Drive" banner link resolves to the forums page, not the twobillsdrive page.
Should it go the home page?

If I was being pedantic (when in Rome or should I say when at TSW or maybe just when corresponding with a TBD mod ...) I would ask you to define what is the "home page" ; the classic IT definition of Two Bills Drive or is it The Stadium Wall, or as the banner link suggests is it the Buffalo Bills Forums page ... but due to my high regard for you :worthy: I'll stick to the inferred question.

The banner always did resolve to TBD and IMneverHO if for no other reason than I'm used to it going there, yes. However, being the congenial guy that I am, if it is deemed preferable to link it to the forum page I would suggest the banner be modified to Buffalo Bills Forums.

As the kids say; just saying.

I miss the old, "go to the newest post" button. Is there one that I'm just missing it? It's kind of annoying to have to scroll through all the old posts trying to remember where you left off ...

(I'm driving my own Waaaaaa-mbulance, don't worry) .

I miss the old, "go to the newest post" button. Is there one that I'm just missing it? It's kind of annoying to have to scroll through all the old posts trying to remember where you left off ...

For me, it's the red square next to the thread title.

Takes you to the newest post since you last read a thread.

Like the red boxes next to the thread titles in this pic? When you hover over them it reads: Go to first unread post

post-2044-059278500 1282962876_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Dean

Jack doesn't miss it. Learn to read. :P

(Just kidding)

Oh, I see what's going on.

I need to start drinking immediately! I'm not usually booze free this late at night.

Are you visiting threads for the first time since the upgrade? I'm pretty sure everything got reset, but once you click on a thread, that button will start to work normally again. That's how it went for me.