An idea for a new monthly thread

The Jokeman

I know I haven't been around too much but had an idea for the Off the Wall forum. I was thinking since many of us contributed and enjoyed sharing thoughts LOST threads that perhaps we start a new thread maybe once a month in which we pick to all watch a movie and give our overall impressions of it. I know it won't be as intense as the LOST thread since it's only one movie but it might prove fun. Of course picking the movie every month prove cumbersome unless we elect one member a month to pick a movie of their choice. I'm also thinking it be better for movies available through Netflix and/or Video on Demand since going to the movies is cumbersome and everyone might not have the same cable subscription. I guess it's like a modern take on the book of the month club but might be a tad easier. Thoughts?

Actually you know what would really be cool. We all get together at a specific time...say 4:11 and do a bong hit. Now that would be !@#$ing cool.

What, you mean when it's 4:11 here on the west coast it's not 4:11 in WNY? Duuuuude, you just blew my !@#$ing mind.

Actually you know what would really be cool. We all get together at a specific time...say 4:11 and do a bong hit. Now that would be !@#$ing cool.

What, you mean when it's 4:11 here on the west coast it's not 4:11 in WNY? Duuuuude, you just blew my !@#$ing mind.

Cool man that is like really far out intense. Different times? So I just bought this bag? Wait I can't find it, but you live in yesterday? what did I do with it?

If it's confined to what's available on Netflix instant-watch, I'd be in.

First movie choice would be the one to the left of this sentence. Classic. Is Gene Wilder still kicking?

Second would be "Rachel Getting Married" which really surprised me at how invested I became in it. There's no one I know who's seen it.

And you're right. OTW doesn't have the same draw for me anymore w/o the LOST thread.... and given the state of the Bills, TSW doesn't either. :wallbash: (I was actually going to start a LOST re-watch this weekend ahead of the S6 DVD release).

How about picking a specific time and NOT doing a bong hit? Judging by most of the posts here, that would be more novel.

First movie choice would be the one to the left of this sentence. Classic. Is Gene Wilder still kicking?

Second would be "Rachel Getting Married" which really surprised me at how invested I became in it. There's no one I know who's seen it.

And you're right. OTW doesn't have the same draw for me anymore w/o the LOST thread.... and given the state of the Bills, TSW doesn't either. :wallbash: (I was actually going to start a LOST re-watch this weekend ahead of the S6 DVD release).

This is a really cool topic. If it's Gene Wilder, i'd go for Young Frankenstein.

And you're right. OTW doesn't have the same draw for me anymore w/o the LOST thread.... and given the state of the Bills, TSW doesn't either. :thumbsup: (I was actually going to start a LOST re-watch this weekend ahead of the S6 DVD release).

Maybe I'm blind but don't see the movie title you mentioned with Gene Wilder. I'll admit I have yet to see "Rachel Getting Married" but could catch it this weekend and post a response Monday or Tuesday.

Maybe I'm blind but don't see the movie title you mentioned with Gene Wilder. I'll admit I have yet to see "Rachel Getting Married" but could catch it this weekend and post a response Monday or Tuesday.

Look at his avatar.

I'm also currently starting to re-watch "The West Wing" online one-a-day. Really appreciating it more, 10 years on. Not to totally hijack this into an "I miss LOST" thread (we may be there already, tho) but I think that if people who were pissed at S6 just give it a little time and then revisit it, it will have aged well --- like Widmore's 60-year McCutcheon scotch. That last season was a lot to digest, and it happened very quickly, and in the last half, w/o the repeats. Most people bitched about the hiatuses, but I'm one who thought they helped.

Didn't have your coffee yet, Jokeman? :thumbsup: