Your assesment of Bryan Scott

SoggyHog

Since you missed the game, you also missed the 3 QB pressures/hurries Whitner had coming on blitzes. You also missed the fact that Wilson and Scott looked terrible out there. Scott was slow and one dimensional, like usual. Wilson struggled.

Hate him all you want, but he's the best safety on our roster.

Wilson is a far superior free safety than Donte... but they are both now playing strong safety.

I did miss the game, so my comment was based solely on that assessment. Perhaps Whitner will be better in this system. Maybe he has "the potential" to be the best safety on this roster. But he certainly has not been the best safety on this roster the past 4-5 seasons. I hope he turns it around this year, I definitely think he'll step it up given that it's his contract year... though it's fairly unfortunate that it takes a contract year for him to produce for a change.

I thought I read that this is not a contract year for Whitner. My understanding is that he has 2 years left on his contract.

Correct. There was nothing that made Donte look stupid. Strong hit, maybe in a few games he'll get there quicker to start breaking that up, but he acted nothing like the clown many paint him out to be.
Sure hope so, that is key for Lil Donte to take the next step towards being a solid starter. That being said, he was far from a problem Friday night, I thought he was one of the better players on D.

Wilson is a far superior free safety than Donte... but they are both now playing strong safety.

I would like to ask the other coaches in the NFL to evaluate that your statement. Who would you want on your team Whitner or Wilson.

I bet the vote would be Whitner and it would not even be close.

Sure hope so, that is key for Lil Donte to take the next step towards being a solid starter. That being said, he was far from a problem Friday night, I thought he was one of the better players on D.

I think he already is a solid starter, so the next step would be....?? Playmaker?? Star player?? Or whatever adjective of your preference.

I thought I read that this is not a contract year for Whitner. My understanding is that he has 2 years left on his contract.

This is his contract year. The 2012 year is voidable and is a mere formality. Whitner will void it whether he has a good season or not, thus making this year his contract year.

I would like to ask the other coaches in the NFL to evaluate that your statement. Who would you want on your team Whitner or Wilson.

I bet the vote would be Whitner and it would not even be close.

Then tell them one they will have to trade their top 10 pick for, and one they can have as an UDFA, and see which one they chose.

Also to the referred to "Whitner hit play" No one has mentioned that another TSW golden boy, Byrd, had the blown coverage on the play that allowed the WR to get so damned open, yet no one wants to call him out.

Ironic to say the least.

Then tell them one they will have to trade their top 10 pick for, and one they can have as an UDFA, and see which one they chose.

Also to the referred to "Whitner hit play" No one has mentioned that another TSW golden boy, Byrd, had the blown coverage on the play that allowed the WR to get so damned open, yet no one wants to call him out.

Ironic to say the least.

Because most people on message boards rate players based on Stats, as opposed to how well they play their responsibilities they are given (which one cannot always figure out from the TV screen). 9 picks = he's Hall of Fame bound and can do no wrong in other words.

Ironic to say the least.

Draft position has nothing to do with who is more talented and who plays better on the field. Whitner is the better safety, plain and simple.

He and Wilson are sssssssooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than Whitner. :lol::ph34r::worthy: Sorry, the cover 2 ain't here nomore to hide these two TSW heros.

Looked to me like Scott got burned to a crisp on the one touchdown where he was supposed to back up Corner on the post route. He bit on the outside fake and was completely useless.

I've liked him well in the past, but this scheme depends on better coverage skills from everyone back there.