People predicting the Bills record this year

Agreed. That's why they call them predictions. I am starting out with the team that ended 2009 6-10, looking at was is different at this point in 2010, and feel confident they are improved. Two big veteran losses (Schobel & T.O.) but much better coaching, better camp, and some exciting prospects in the rookie class. O-line not great but has to be better than grabbing guys off the street like last year. QB's no worse than last year. I'll stick to 9-7 but 8-8 is more realistic.

PTR

What was your prediction at the begining of last season? :unsure:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is that when you add their win total to their loss total it will equal 16. Unless they play more than 16 games, in which case it will add up to the total number of games they play. Based on the posts on this board, on any given week people will be both elated and angry, and every week someone will start a thread saying I told you so and I was wrong. I will read them, and sometimes I will agree, and sometimes I will disagree. Mostly, I will wonder why I never get anything productive done.

What was your prediction at the begining of last season? :unsure:

I got it.

PromoTheRobot

View Member Profile Add as Friend Send Message Find Member's Posts Posted on: Aug 27 2009, 10:22 AM

I'm Akbar Zib!

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

This is a stupid question since none of us have any real idea of what this team will be doing once the season starts. Based on the GB game we are going 0-16. Based on the Bears game we are making the playoffs. I predict something between the two. How's that for honesty?

Predicting records at this point is kinda of silly. There are so many variables: injuries, strength of schedule gets proven to be pretty meaningless early in the season, and how rookies/ young players progress.

I like the Vegas over/ under for wins. The Bills are currently 5.5. I'd go over.

Predicting records at this point is kinda of silly. There are so many variables: injuries, strength of schedule gets proven to be pretty meaningless early in the season, and how rookies/ young players progress.

I like the Vegas over/ under for wins. The Bills are currently 5.5. I'd go over.

It really is, especially in the Bills' situation, new coaches, switching to the 3-4 with only a few players that have experience, a whole new offense, and some new players. We really have no idea what this team will look like. We'll get a glimpse Friday.

It really is, especially in the Bills' situation, new coaches, switching to the 3-4 with only a few players that have experience, a whole new offense, and some new players. We really have no idea what this team will look like. We'll get a glimpse Friday.

I agree. What bothers me is they made zero positive steps in the off-season to even get me excited 1%

I agree. What bothers me is they made zero positive steps in the off-season to even get me excited 1%

I think that's being a little over the top. I'm a pessimistic as the next guy regarding this upcoming season - heck I even changed my avatar to reflect the death of the season. But, to say they made zero positive steps is not factual. They made several postive steps. The question is, did they make enough to keep pace with the rest of the division? I'm not at all convinced they did. But, readily welcome the season and the team proving me wrong.

And this is based on the zero games of football played this season right? So because of offseason moves, I assume you were a huge Redskins fan the last few years and probably think the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl this year?

Why does everyone want another mediocre season??? 8-8? Come on. That's still not a playoff season. That's not bad enough to get a top 5 pick. That's been the problem for the last 10 years. Just not good enough and just not bad enough. They aren't making the playoffs so may as well finish dead last. 8-8 is just spinning their wheels which they have been doing for a decade and this is supposed to be the first year of rebuilding. Do it right and just suck bad. Any team can look good in camp when they are bad and practice against each other. Nothing to compare it to. With the QB's we have now, I'd say 6-10 is a reach. They are just not a good team yet but just not bad enough to be in the top 5 of the draft. :)

I got it.

PromoTheRobot

View Member Profile Add as Friend Send Message Find Member's Posts Posted on: Aug 27 2009, 10:22 AM

I'm Akbar Zib!

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

This is a stupid question since none of us have any real idea of what this team will be doing once the season starts. Based on the GB game we are going 0-16. Based on the Bears game we are making the playoffs. I predict something between the two. How's that for honesty?

Your stalking is creeping everyone out. Please stop.

If the Bills can win 6-7 games under numbnut Jauron, then they should be able to win 8-9 under Gailey. This team already looks ten times better. Barring a rash of injuries, I predict 9-7.

PTR

I've been here through "Wade has to be better than that wimp Levy" "Gregg has to be better than that dumba$$ Wade" " Mike has to be better than that weasel Williams" "Juaron has to be better than that basket-case Mularkey" and now we are at " Chan has to be better than Juaron the Zombie" hope we are right this time.

I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating: I don't think we've really seen this team the past couple years. As in, due to injuries, we were unable to see this team ever perform as a cohesive unit. The Bills have had no real identity. I think the last time the team could be considered a true unit was back in 2008, when we started the season 5-1 and seemed destined for the post-season. But injury after crippling injury was the predominant factor in the Bills' lackluster campaigns of late. I'm not discounting the role of poor coaching, especially offensively, but sans the plethora of injuries, I believe those teams would perform much better.

And yet, and yet, the Bills still managed to eke out a 6-10 record last year. Yes, I understand that it is completely different scenario this year--the schedule is pretty tough (on paper) and teams in the division have made improvements--but it boggles my mind how people in good conscience can predict a record below 6-10. Have the Bills really devolved that badly? Has the talent level declined that much since last year? Do you think the Bills will field a team that won't even be able to hang in there with the worst NFL teams?

I'm predicting 8-8 (obviously barring compound major injuries) for this year. Optimistic, sure, but I think it's a lot more reasonable than a few of the 2-14 and 4-12 predictions I've seen.