People predicting the Bills record this year

3-13 more of the same only worse. The problem is an owner that won't open his wallet. <_<

This has been debated here to no end, and in my eyes, proven wrong. You are obviosly here just to stir up crap, so go back to the rock you crawled out from.

What was your prediction at the begining of last season? :D

This is a new team with new players,coaches,gm, and a new attitude. Last year was last year. This is a NEW year. can't even compare the two.

I've been here through "Wade has to be better than that wimp Levy" "Gregg has to be better than that dumba$$ Wade" " Mike has to be better than that weasel Williams" "Juaron has to be better than that basket-case Mularkey" and now we are at " Chan has to be better than Juaron the Zombie" hope we are right this time.

And from observing Chan so far, can you honestly say he doesn't seem better than all those other coaches? It's a night and day difference to me. I think we finally got it right. The odds are in my favor that we finally got it right.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say that our team will be much better than last year, but our record will be the same or worse. The schedule last year was easy, iirc, this year its much more difficult. Often times records come down to luck of the draw when it comes to the middle teams (which I think we are).

I see all of these predictions being thrown out there and I still am having a hard time understanding why people think the Bills are going to only win like 1 or 2 games... Are you kidding me?

It seems like the Bills win 6-7 games every year and I don't see why that would be any different this year. When the hell was the last time the Bills only won 1 or 2 games?

I say 6-10 yet again. The defense is too good to not to be competitive.

I think there was a post on this with LA Bills about predicting the season outcome with dinner's on me contest. With a lot of optimism in the beginning that is completely acceptable. However, when it's all said and done I think we finish the season 5-11.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...ason+prediction

I'm still standing by my 11-5 prediction. Here's what I predicted in April, but with added comments:

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W (could go either way, but I think the Bills will be fired up after the "They still have team up there" comment by an anonymous Pittsburgh player)

BUF @ MIN L (If Favre doesn't play, I'd say Bills win. Tavaris Jackson sucks and Sage Rosenfels is a decent backup, but nothing more).

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I predict 11-5 for the year and a wild card berth. The Jets will win the AFC East.

So....

The Bills will sweep Miami and split with the Jets/Pats?

Just for fun they beat Pittsburgh and have a mid-season 8 outta 9 game winning streak too.

This is lunacy!

This team is 6-10 at best, including a 1-5 AFC East record to boot.

So....

The Bills will sweep Miami and split with the Jets/Pats?

Just for fun they beat Pittsburgh and have a mid-season 8 game winning streak too.

This is lunacy!

This team is 6-10 at best, including a 1-5 AFC East record to boot.

At least your avatar is funny. <_<

Last year, the Bills were 1 point away from beating the Pats in the season opener...(I don't think we need to go into details on why we lost). Welker is coming off a serious knee injury. Brady is still rebounding from his knee injury. Plus the Pats are in the decline. Look at their offensive line and their linebackers...not looking too good. Plus, the Pats don't have a running game.

While the Bills got their butts kicked in sunny Florida under Jauron, the Bills came back and kicked the Dolphins butts in Buffalo under Fewell.

The Bills did beat the scary Jets in NJ and were not blown out by them in Toronto. Plus, if Revis doesn't play for the entire season, there goes the best CB on the Jets.

At worst, the Bills are 8-8 this year.

At least your avatar is funny. <_<

Last year, the Bills were 1 point away from beating the Pats in the season opener...(I don't think we need to go into details on why we lost). Welker is coming off a serious knee injury. Brady is still rebounding from his knee injury. Plus the Pats are in the decline. Look at their offensive line and their linebackers...not looking too good. Plus, the Pats don't have a running game.

While the Bills got their butts kicked in sunny Florida under Jauron, the Bills came back and kicked the Dolphins butts in Buffalo under Fewell.

The Bills did beat the scary Jets in NJ and were not blown out by them in Toronto. Plus, if Revis doesn't play for the entire season, there goes the best CB on the Jets.

At worst, the Bills are 8-8 this year.

I admire your optimism...

I've predicted the Bills record every year & I generally fall into the "middle of the road" category. Considering the Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs since the 20th century, I feel pretty confident in predicting mediocrity

I hope for 8-8, but predict 6-10.

I have ZERO faith in Trent Edwards.

The Pats are not in decline. They started a transition process last year that was going quite well until Welker got hurt. They won the AFCE also. They ranked ranked 3rd in the NFL in total offense and 11th on D. That was after getting rid of Seymor, Bruschi and Vrabel. I haven't heard a word about Brady's knee either. I wonder if it was bothering him when he was throwing for 4500 yds and 28 TD's last year? Come on, don't make stuff up.

The Pats are a benchmark organization who understand Depth and winning. They are replacing old parts with guys like Volmer, Banta-Cain, and Mays. They have a plan and have won 21 games over the last 2 years during their transition.

Sounds like the term "hater" apllies here...

If trent becomes a franchise Qb, I want to win them all. If not, I want to lose them all. 6-10 or 7-9 helps no one.

#1 pick is NOT what you want. The odds are 50/50 you will draft a dud, but you will pay top dollar. (Hopefully a rookie cap will be in place by then.) Besides, you don't need high picks to find talent, just good scouts. Then you need good coaching to develop those picks, unlike the succubus Jauron.

PTR

- I know our past drafts have been pretty weak and we've not really gotten any serious impact players, but Donte Whitner Marshawn Lynch Leodis McKelvin James Hardy Aaron maybin C.J. Spiller is the REAL DEAL - he's a game changer that's going to be a perennial Prow Bowl player!

When did anyone here claim that Hardy, Maybin or Whitner were the REAL DEAL and would be pro-bowl caliber players?

I, personally, was excited to see McLovin drafted (you can't coach speed). My personal jury is still out on Lynch - fine player, d'bag off the field . . .

The Pats are not in decline. They started a transition process last year that was going quite well until Welker got hurt. They won the AFCE also. They ranked ranked 3rd in the NFL in total offense and 11th on D. That was after getting rid of Seymor, Bruschi and Vrabel. I haven't heard a word about Brady's knee either. I wonder if it was bothering him when he was throwing for 4500 yds and 28 TD's last year? Come on, don't make stuff up.

The Pats are a benchmark organization who understand Depth and winning. They are replacing old parts with guys like Volmer, Banta-Cain, and Mays. They have a plan and have won 21 games over the last 2 years during their transition.

How about this dominating performance from your favorite Patriots:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010011001/2...@patriots/recap

"Ray Rice got things going with an 83-yard touchdown run up the middle on the game's first play from scrimmage. He went on to finish with 159 yards and two touchdowns on 22 caries." Wow, those defensive replacements did great against Baltimore, didn't they?!

And how about your boy Tom Brady, how did he do in that game? Here's his stats: 23/42 154 yds, 2TDs, 2INTs 1 Fumble. How about Randy Moss? 5 Rec, 48 yds.

Granted, the Pats did play 1 more game than Buffalo last year, but to say they haven't declined and aren't declining, now that's making up stuff.

If I'm a 'hater', then why don't you go to one of the Patriots websites and suck their asses over there?

How about this dominating performance from your favorite Patriots:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010011001/2...@patriots/recap

"Ray Rice got things going with an 83-yard touchdown run up the middle on the game's first play from scrimmage. He went on to finish with 159 yards and two touchdowns on 22 caries." Wow, those defensive replacements did great against Baltimore, didn't they?!

And how about your boy Tom Brady, how did he do in that game? Here's his stats: 23/42 154 yds, 2TDs, 2INTs 1 Fumble. How about Randy Moss? 5 Rec, 48 yds.

Granted, the Pats did play 1 more game than Buffalo last year, but to say they haven't declined and aren't declining, now that's making up stuff.

If I'm a 'hater', then why don't you go to one of the Patriots websites and suck their asses over there?

First of all, you said Brady's knee wasn't healed all of the way which is completely made up. Show me where that is written anywhere other than your post.

The Pats won the division last year so saying that it's no big deal and that they played one more game than the Bills is ridiculous.

Judging the team on 1 bad performance is again, ridiculous. Newsflash, the Ravens are a very good team with a solid D and Rice ran on everybody last year. Plus, Welker was hurt for that game and they obviously were not the same without him. You made it sound like they had a bad year when the truth is, Brady had the second best season of his career , the Pats were ranked 3rd in Offense and despite losing a bunch of Pro Bowlers, their younger replacements still did a great job on defense. WOW, THAT"S ONE HELL OF A DECLINE!!!

I'm not a Pats fan, actually I hate them. But I don't let the fact that I'm a Bill fan cloud my judgement and just MAKE SH*T UP, which is what you did.

I see all of these predictions being thrown out there and I still am having a hard time understanding why people think the Bills are going to only win like 1 or 2 games... Are you kidding me?

2-14

The most salient point in evaluating a team are the main cogs.

Brady, Welker, Moss, Mankins…Wilfork……Mayo and Merriweather?

Their best players are aging and in fact, those players are once in a decade type players.

They have a few promising young players.

Belichick's reputation and career were arguably saved by Tom Brady.

What will happen when Brady is gone?

As I've posted many times, teams fluctuate up and down…look at the Steelers.

Baltimore is an aging team also.

The Jets are not built for the long run IMO.

Indy has to throw even more money at Manning next year and there are very real concerns about the roster implications of that signing.

Ditto with Brady and the Patriots. Rumours are that Brady will not take the hometown discount this time. He was unhappy that the money he saved the Patriots wasn't used to keep Seymour and make sure Mankins was taken care of.

The AFC will be wide open in two years. It's anyone's guess who the best teams will be.

First of all, you said Brady's knee wasn't healed all of the way which is completely made up. Show me where that is written anywhere other than your post.

The Pats won the division last year so saying that it's no big deal and that they played one more game than the Bills is ridiculous.

Judging the team on 1 bad performance is again, ridiculous. Newsflash, the Ravens are a very good team with a solid D and Rice ran on everybody last year. Plus, Welker was hurt for that game and they obviously were not the same without him. You made it sound like they had a bad year when the truth is, Brady had the second best season of his career , the Pats were ranked 3rd in Offense and despite losing a bunch of Pro Bowlers, their younger replacements still did a great job on defense. WOW, THAT"S ONE HELL OF A DECLINE!!!

I'm not a Pats fan, actually I hate them. But I don't let the fact that I'm a Bill fan cloud my judgement and just MAKE SH*T UP, which is what you did.

How did I make sh*t up? Please, enlighten me? The last time Brady played a full healthy season, the Patriots went 16-0. Last year, they went 10-6...so that's not a drop off?! Even the year before with Matt Cassel, they went 11-5.

And how about Brady's numbers from 07' to 09': 2007- 4,806 yds 50 TD's & 8 INT's, 2009 - 4,398 yds 28 TD's & 13 INT's. While Brady did have very good numbers for any QB in the league, but let's look at the difference in those 2 years. So that's 408 less yards, 22 less touchdowns and 5 more interceptions...so that's not a drop off either?!

Who's making up sh*t now?!

#1 pick is NOT what you want. The odds are 50/50 you will draft a dud, but you will pay top dollar. (Hopefully a rookie cap will be in place by then.) Besides, you don't need high picks to find talent, just good scouts. Then you need good coaching to develop those picks, unlike the succubus Jauron.

PTR

True, but I just want to be #1 at something. However, what if my scouts and their scouts want the same guy, but they get to pick first. Then I'm still screwed.

How did I make sh*t up? Please, enlighten me? The last time Brady played a full healthy season, the Patriots went 16-0. Last year, they went 10-6...so that's not a drop off?! Even the year before with Matt Cassel, they went 11-5.

And how about Brady's numbers from 07' to 09': 2007- 4,806 yds 50 TD's & 8 INT's, 2009 - 4,398 yds 28 TD's & 13 INT's. While Brady did have very good numbers for any QB in the league, but let's look at the difference in those 2 years. So that's 408 less yards, 22 less touchdowns and 5 more interceptions...so that's not a drop off either?!

Who's making up sh*t now?!

When did this become the Pats love line ? Please god save our Bills