TG has confidence in the Bills....

Buftex

Good read... what struck me, more than the prediction for the Bills in the standings, was the comment about the "lifeless" atmosphere at St John Fisher. When I went last time (summer 2007) the place was rocking for a morning practice...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...l-buffalo-bills

Also, observations about Ryan Fitzpatrick and Leodis McKelvin are a little troubling...

Good read... what struck me, more than the prediction for the Bills in the standings, was the comment about the "lifeless" atmosphere at St John Fisher. When I went last time (summer 2007) the place was rocking for a morning practice...

Also, observations about Ryan Fitzpatrick and Leodis McKelvin are a little troubling...

Yes, a good read, but - regarding Tim's misplaced confidence in a Bills 4th place AFC East finish - of any preseason prediction I can make, the one I'm most confident in is that Tim Graham is 100% WRONG...

19 and 0 baby!!! :blink:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :)

this part gave me a good laugh, and probably for bad reasons:

Inside linebacker Kawika Mitchell told me the unit relies on free-agent acquisition Andra Davis' insight when it comes to 3-4 questions. That also goes for inside linebackers coach DeMontie Cross, who hasn't coached an NFL 3-4 before.

This line from the article:

The atmosphere at St. John Fisher College has been lifeless. It hasn't mattered whether it's morning, afternoon, night, weekday or weekend. The few fans who have shown up are silent.

tells all.

Holy cow... if half of what he wrote about is true and remains true, we truly are dooooomed this season. Talk about a depressing, nothing good happening article.

Ehh...I like Tim Graham, but what does he know? Flying under the radar (really far under) may not be the worst thing... IMO the Bills may not finish any better than 6-10 this year, but I think they are in better hands than they were a year ago.

Ehh...I like Tim Graham, but what does he know? Flying under the radar (really far under) may not be the worst thing... IMO the Bills may not finish any better than 6-10 this year, but I think they are in better hands than they were a year ago.

I got no problems with Tim, either. But, I do hope he's wrong on this one. Hopefully, what he witnessed were just some of the early camp "jitters" that will be ironed out over the next month.

I do find his comments interesting. I assume he visits each of the AFC East camps; therefore, what he's writing is, in part, based on coclusions of what he's seeing elsewhere. Which, if so, currently doesn't bode well for us.

You can only be beaten down so many times before the hope fades altogether.

Look outside of a few that are a very loud minority, the majority of Bills fans are sick of the QB situation. They know Edwards is never going to be the guy to get us to a superbowl so why waste another year on a guy that isn't going to get the job done?

At some point we are going to have to trade up no matter what the cost on a #1 overall pick, pay him and take the risk to get that QB that will eventually get us there OR trade for a guy.

Until we have a damn good QB to build this thing around and market, it is always going to be this way.

This line from the article:

tells all.

What it tells you is what ESPN wants you to hear. They also want a lot of empty seats on Sundays so the Bills will move. They want a team in LA no matter what any of them might say because their perception is that they will make more money long term. They won't, but they are dense so it won't matter. They'll keep bringing the slaps at the Bills. It is absolutely a 100% concentrated effort by the big money to take your team away.

What it tells you is what ESPN wants you to hear. They also want a lot of empty seats on Sundays so the Bills will move. They want a team in LA no matter what any of them might say because their perception is that they will make more money long term. They won't, but they are dense so it won't matter. They'll keep bringing the slaps at the Bills. It is absolutely a 100% concentrated effort by the big money to take your team away.

Riiiight. Its all part of the greater plan to get the Bills to move to LA. :) I think your tinfoil hat has some holes, the aliens are getting though....

Don't know that Tim was in attendence Friday evening where Leodis was a 'focused' ballhawk. Also, on Saturday, McKelvin stayed after practice and fielded punts flawlessly for 5 minutes.

I think TG has been right a lot more than he's been wrong. I think many of us share the view that we may not rack up wins this year but we will show steady improvement and build with young, talented and tough players. So Tim is just saying we are on the right path but we are not as good as the other three teams in our division. I think that is a reasonable position. I personally think we can handle Miami, but we'll see.

*MY* team? :)

If only I was a billionaire, I wouldn't own an NFL team.

*MY* team? :)

If only I was a billionaire, I wouldn't own an NFL team.

Your favorite team is what I meant.

An NFL team is not worth the investment. It take a lot of time away from other business.

Anyway, other than the line about Maybinot looking like a Wii character which was true/funny, Graham's article was just one in a stream of thousands meant to dishearten Bills fans to set the team up for a move. Don't listen to them.

Riiiight. Its all part of the greater plan to get the Bills to move to LA. :) I think your tinfoil hat has some holes, the aliens are getting though....

Believe what you want but if he posts anything positive about the Bills he will be fired. He basically called Bills fans lethargic and unenthusiastic and you go right along with him. Fine. Up is down and over is under. I'm sure Dolphins fans are a passionate bunch now.

Your favorite team is what I meant.

An NFL team is not worth the investment. It take a lot of time away from other business.

Anyway, other than the line about Maybinot looking like a Wii character which was true/funny, Graham's article was just one in a stream of thousands meant to dishearten Bills fans to set the team up for a move. Don't listen to them.

So you're saying that there is an agenda at ESPN to make the Bills look so horrible to their fans that when they move to LA there will be very little uproar from them? My question is, what's in it for ESPN?

So you're saying that there is an agenda at ESPN to make the Bills look so horrible to their fans that when they move to LA there will be very little uproar from them? My question is, what's in it for ESPN?

Perceived higher ratings from the larger market thus higher fees to be charged. This is also true of crooked owners like Kraft and Jones and Snyder. They all think they can make more money and they are all wrong.

ESPN is basically trying to own sports.

Inside linebacker Kawika Mitchell told me the unit relies on free-agent acquisition Andra Davis' insight when it comes to 3-4 questions. That also goes for inside linebackers coach DeMontie Cross, who hasn't coached an NFL 3-4 before.

What troubles me is that we have an ILB's Coach who has never coached ILB's in a 3-4 before. Shouldn't they have gotten someone who was experienced in this field? The coach is asking Andra Davis what to do? :)

ESPN was founded by the NFL overlords to be their media arm used in swaying the minds of the public. How else can they craft "feel good" stories like the Saints winning the SB? They needed a national network they could control so that they could disseminate the subliminal messages. Hence, we all know who the best teams are, which merchandise to buy, which players are good or bad, etc.

Really, you have to be told all this? My advice: turn off ESPN for a month, let the hallucinogens dissipate, and see the world for what it really is and not what they want it to be.

Perceived higher ratings from the larger market thus higher fees to be charged. This is also true of crooked owners like Kraft and Jones and Snyder. They all think they can make more money and they are all wrong.

ESPN is basically trying to own sports.

Classic crayonz.

<------tin foil hats rule.

ESPN was founded by the NFL overlords to be their media arm used in swaying the minds of the public. How else can they craft "feel good" stories like the Saints winning the SB? They needed a national network they could control so that they could disseminate the subliminal messages. Hence, we all know who the best teams are, which merchandise to buy, which players are good or bad, etc.

Really, you have to be told all this? My advice: turn off ESPN for a month, let the hallucinogens dissipate, and see the world for what it really is and not what they want it to be.

I rarely watch ESPN anymore but remember watching NFL PrimeTime back a few years ago and remember the Bills being thought very highly of. And that was before their SuperBowl runs. That ESPN cares if there is a team in LA or Buffalo or Cleveland makes no sense to me. And doesn't the NFL have their own media outlet in the NFL Channel?

I rarely watch ESPN anymore but remember watching NFL PrimeTime back a few years ago and remember the Bills being thought very highly of. And that was before their SuperBowl runs. That ESPN cares if there is a team in LA or Buffalo or Cleveland makes no sense to me. And doesn't the NFL have their own media outlet in the NFL Channel?

Find me another team where an ESPN "reporter" would dare refere to a player as "looking like a Wii caharacter". Ratings Ratings Ratings.

Find me another team where an ESPN "reporter" would dare refere to a player as "looking like a Wii caharacter". Ratings Ratings Ratings.

Well the bottom line is, if the Bills do move there won't be a single thing we can do about it. I just don't believe ESPN has a dog in the fight.

Yes they do. Although I'm fairly certain the NFL Network is more of a research channel that the NFL is experimenting with new "technologies". They show alot of "classic" games in an attempt to change our perceptions of the past. ESPN only influences our opinion of the present and/or future. I used to think the Music City Throwup was a forward pass. Right, I mean that's what I remember. But, then watching a replay of that game several times on NFL Network... now I'm not so sure. Bastards.

Yes they do. Although I'm fairly certain the NFL Network is more of a research channel that the NFL is experimenting with new "technologies". They show alot of "classic" games in an attempt to change our perceptions of the past. ESPN only influences our opinion of the present and/or future. I used to think the Music City Throwup was a forward pass. Right, I mean that's what I remember. But, then watching a replay of that game several times on NFL Network... now I'm not so sure. Bastards.

Oh, it was a forward pass alright. When it happened I had no doubt the play would be called correctly. Should have known better.

Oh, it was a forward pass alright. When it happened I had no doubt the play would be called correctly. Should have known better.

Way to go! Stay away from NFL Network - they'll get you too.

You can only be beaten down so many times before the hope fades altogether.

other analogies

After a lesson, my golf pro said to go home and put the clubs in the garage for two weeks then forget about them altogether. or

"Things always look dark before they go completely black."

George Carlin, " The glass is neither half full nor half empty, the glass is too big."

Yes, even Buffalonians have a limit.

And the uninspiring hirings of Nix/Gailey really did nothing to fix it.

well, the all-inspiring hire of marv-dockery-TO didnt do any good either.

so why not try the low-key approach?

so the atmosphere at camp is pretty dull concering fans. the players though seem to like it. pads on and hitting and stuff.

i see an improvement coming. they will be tough. they may wont win their usual 7 games this season, but they wont be run over at will.

if there is football in 2011, i GUARANTEE a playoff spot :)

Yes, a good read, but - regarding Tim's misplaced confidence in a Bills 4th place AFC East finish - of any preseason prediction I can make, the one I'm most confident in is that Tim Graham is 100% WRONG...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :thumbsup:

Right on! Senator. :)

"Of any preseason prediction I can make, the one I'm most confident in is that the Buffalo Bills will finish fourth in the AFC East." Bite me, Tim. :blink:

I was there friday, saturday and sunday and it was packed, i have no idea what he's talking about. It wasn't the loud and rowdy crowd that we're known for, but there were alot of people there.

that is kinda the same that it always is with the bucs down here for training. a lot of people are there, but they aren't a rowdy bunch like at the games.

Look outside of a few that are a very loud minority, the majority of Bills fans are sick of the QB situation. They know Edwards is never going to be the guy to get us to a superbowl so why waste another year on a guy that isn't going to get the job done?

At some point we are going to have to trade up no matter what the cost on a #1 overall pick, pay him and take the risk to get that QB that will eventually get us there OR trade for a guy.

Until we have a damn good QB to build this thing around and market, it is always going to be this way.

In my 36 consecutive years as a Buffalo fan, I couldn't of said it any better. Excellent job D-Ice, now can you pick the winning lottery numbers for us.

It was nice of Tim to say it does look like we're heading in the right direction,

but it also seems to me that Tim's columns have gotten more negative about

the Bills since leaving this board due to a few fans being rude.

You throw in the line about our LB coach never having worked in the 3-4, but don't

mention that our DC has been a LB coach for the majority of his career and was

part of switching to a 3-4 three times in his career.

I'm sure DeMontie talks things over with Davis due to his experience and since he is

calling the plays for the D right now... but don't make it sound like if it wasn't for Andra

the coaches wouldn't know what to do. I guarantee DeMontie is getting more of his knowledge

from his own experience and from Edwards than he is from Andra. Tim added that line after

talking about a quote from Kawika, but did Kawika actually say "DeMontie relies on Davis when

it comes to 3-4 questions (because he doesn't know)?" That's what Tim implies.

And who cares how packed and vocal training camp is...It's training camp. Does that mean

we won't be rowdy at the Ralph during games this year? Does it mean the entire fan base

has given up on the team? No. And let's not forget, last year was the whole TO show. We

had more media and probably more fans come out than would be normal, so to anyone this

year is going to seem quieter.

I'm not saying Tim has it out for the Bills or anything and his articles probably aren't that

much different from before, except in tone. I mean when you start out the article saying,

"Of any preseason prediction I can make, the one I'm most confident in is that the Buffalo

Bills will finish fourth in the AFC East," it doesn't matter what you say after that, you have

basically said "These guys suck right now." (Whether its true or not)

To show the difference in tone, he could have said something like. "Gailey is trying to establish

a new culture with his first training camp. He wants people to use two adjectives that haven't

been associated with the Bills for a long time: tough and disciplined. (that is quoted from his

article--then he could have said) I don't know that it will be enough for them to overtake any

of their division rivals this year, but the players are buying into it. The Bills do have some

concerns and question marks..."

The tone of the article could have been different and I feel like that changed with TG after he

left this board.