more on Schobel

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...to-other-teams/

Another quality player is allowed to talk his way off of the team, and the Bills get nothing in return. I thought those days were over.

Five minutes ago they were praising the Bills for this move. So much for consistency. I also believe the Bills have not released him and do not have to until until the final roster cut down day, and ONLY if Schobel officially reports. Right now Schobel is considered "Retired/DNR".

PTR

Nix claimed they won't release him, so this report is in direct contradiction with his interview. Link

Nix does not strike me as being a guy who will blatantly mislead the press like that. Not trading Lynch is evidence of that.

I wonder if RW finally said, you know what, 8 million dollars isn't worth proving a point.

Is his salary the reason why a trade is off the table?

What exactly do you think we could have got for him?

That's not the point. As Badolbilz has posted numerous times here, the Bills have a bad habit of caving in to players and getting little to nothing in return. I'd simply hold on to him and force him to retire if need be. If he doesn't report, you don't have to pay him (I don't think), so money isn't the issue.

I really hope that this is not the case.

For the past few months, it looked like each side was playing a game of chicken. Now that there are rumors about Schobel thinking about coming back for one year and looking at houses etc, it looks like the Bills are the first side to blink.

On the other hand, BB.com (Chris Brown) wrote that the Bills are not going to just release him.

Chris Brown - Bills will not release Schobel

I hope that is the case. We may as well trade him and get something for him.

Whatever happens, I believe that Schobel ends up playing for more than one year (barring injury).

That's not the point. As Badolbilz has posted numerous times here, the Bills have a bad habit of caving in to players and getting little to nothing in return. I'd simply hold on to him and force him to retire if need be. If he doesn't report, you don't have to pay him (I don't think), so money isn't the issue.

Well then what is the alternative? Eat up a roster spot to punish Schobel by keeping him on the bench? Seriously, you act like it's so easy. If a player won't play, but reports, you're hands are tied unless you want to piss away a roster spot.

PTR

I may out there on a limb but I doubt we could have gotten anything for Scobel who has maybe 1 more season left in him.