Troup is in the house, he just signed (w/ Link)

Steve Wyche of NFL.com is reporting that the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms on a deal with second-round pick Torell Troup. Financial terms of the deal are not yet available, but Wyche reports that it's a four-year deal.

Bills rookies and veterans alike are reporting to St. John Fisher College today in anticipation of tomorrow's first training camp practice, and it appears that Troup will be able to participate in those activities with his deal in place. He'll compete with veteran Kyle Williams for the starting nose tackle role in the team's new 3-4 defense.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/7/28/...up-spiller-deal

Word is it's a four-year deal worth a maximum of around $4.61M with about $2.6M in guaranteed money. Excellent. They have all the guys that should be in camp from the get-go. Spiller isn't as critical, and in any case, it looks like a lot of 1st rounders will be taking their time signing contracts. :blink:

the highest 1st round pick to sign is Dez Bryant at 15 spots after Spiller was selected...it will be awhile before Spiller is signed.

Ouch. Yeah, not worth holding your breath, until at least someone on the 6-10 range signs and someone in the 12-16 range signs. Hopefully Bradford will get done soon, and then the contracts will start lining up the rope.

Word is it's a four-year deal worth a maximum of around $4.61M with about $2.6M in guaranteed money. Excellent. They have all the guys that should be in camp from the get-go. Spiller isn't as critical, and in any case, it looks like a lot of 1st rounders will be taking their time signing contracts. <_<

Agreed. :blink: Troup is one of the most critical players for Buffalo and needs to be in camp. The Bills basically have nothing at NT without Troup and Williams. Being a rookie makes it imperative that Troup hit all practices and it appears that will happen now. :censored:

JMO

That's sort of frustrates me a bit but it's the nature of the beast right now.

Agreed, I hope they can get a rookie slotting system in place soon. :censored:

Agreed. :blink: Troup is one of the most critical players for Buffalo and needs to be in camp. The Bills basically have nothing at NT without Troup and Williams. Being a rookie makes it imperative that Troup hit all practices and it appears that will happen now. :censored:

JMO

I hope they can get a rookie slotting system in place soon. :censored:

Yes, and ......Yes.

the highest 1st round pick to sign is Dez Bryant at 15 spots after Spiller was selected...it will be awhile before Spiller is signed.

I wish the league would go to a rookie pay schedule. It seems idiotic that the "best" draftee's go through this every year. These are the guys that most need to be in camp.

Hooray! :blink:

The middle of the line becomes stable ... Kyle Williams with his ongoing motor and this kid who seems to have all positives going for him!

Frankly, I was worried that this was going to turn out to be a hold out ...

Now, it's time for CJ and his agent to show that CJ wants to play rather than play games ... we might not need him right away but if he is going to be a team player then let him boldly help establish the salary ranks for this year's #1's by signing ... Dez wanted to play and get serious and it's time for CJ to do the same!

:censored:

Isn't Harvey a guy who could supposedly compete in the middle as well? And at 342#, he's got more prototypical NT size.

I wish the league would go to a rookie pay schedule. It seems idiotic that the "best" draftee's go through this every year. These are the guys that most need to be in camp.

If they do, I agree with the Players Association that rookie contracts should be 3 years, then make them UFA's

Once Bradford signs it should set all the pieces in place to get Spiller signed. I am very glad we got each and everyone of the lower round picks signed ahead of time rather then Russ and DJ's philosophy of waiting till the last minute to do so.