Schobel leaning more towards coming back...

He wants to play. He just does not want to play here and he simply does not want to come right out and demand a trade, because he does not want to seem like a jerk to the fans and team who have supported him.

It seems to me that he is trying to do the right thing. He wants to play closer to his home but he does not want to demand a trade publicly. The Bills should (and may already have been) be looking to see if Houston, Dallas or TN has interest in trading for him. It is unlikely, but it is worth a chance. Otherwise, just release him and let him get on with his life. He really isn't in the longterm plans for the team anyway. Just move on.

If he really wanted to be traded to a team in his backyard, he should have shut his mouth about his feigned "retirement". He lessened his trade value considerably with his retiring, but it's up the Buffalo routine. I say screw him if we have to eat his cap hit anyway.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schobel isn't pulling a favre at all. He's not makign a scene or spectacle, and from all reports, the Bills were aware of what's been going with him. He's nto hanging us out to dry. He's simply taking his time.

Also, for guys that have played ball all their life, when this time of year comes around, football is all they know. Schobel has probably been prepping for football season at this time of year for the last 25 years of his life. Its gotta be tough to simply stop, and it doesn't surprise me that he might get the urge to come back and play 1 more year.

If he does, the defense is better for it.

Excuse me, but his "retirement" did hang the Bills out to dry. It destroyed his trade value.........

Schobel isn't pulling a favre at all. He's not makign a scene or spectacle, and from all reports, the Bills were aware of what's been going with him. He's nto hanging us out to dry. He's simply taking his time.

Also, for guys that have played ball all their life, when this time of year comes around, football is all they know. Schobel has probably been prepping for football season at this time of year for the last 25 years of his life. Its gotta be tough to simply stop, and it doesn't surprise me that he might get the urge to come back and play 1 more year.

Ditto Good Post... I hope he comes back...

If he wants to play, he'll play for the Bills or be traded for decent compensation. And from his remarks, it looks like staying home with the wifey got boring and/or annoying to one or both. Not to mention he's leaving a lot of money on the table.

If I could skip all OTAs and still get paid $6 million, I'd do it in a heartbeat. for whatever reason, some Bills hate on Schobel. He is probably our 2nd best DE besides Bruce. If he can come back and make our defense better, what's the harm? But he needs to earn his spot.

Work his a?? off in 2 a days then cut him.

He is a terrible team guy who forgot how to work hard.

He will never learn the new system.

Come on man. All that matters if the guy produces on the field. He missed voluntary activities. If he can give you 10+ sacks, why get rid of that? It's not high school football. The only thing that matters is results.

That said, he should come in at the bottom of the depth chart and have to work his way up.

I hope he comes back and starts at DE. He's awesome there. No sense trying to teach an old dog new tricks (position).

Line him up on the end, pin his ears back, and let him reak havoc on the opponents QBs like he's done for the last 10 years or so.

I hope he comes back and starts at DE. He's awesome there. No sense trying to teach an old dog new tricks (position).

Line him up on the end, pin his ears back, and let him reak havoc on the opponents QBs like he's done for the last 10 years or so.

A 3-4 DE is much different than a 4-3 DE. A 3-4 DE is much more like a 4-3 DT. It is very hard to get sacks as a 3-4 DE. That said, if AS has the mobility, it is easier to get sacks at 3-4OLB. Whether he has the ability, we will see.

Great post.

Now please go back to your old avatar. :blush:

I'm just going to throw this out there, and I'm probably wrong seeing as how we have so many of Aarons close and personel confidents around here that he has told his plans too that he hasn't told the Bills yet..........

But maybe, at his age and years of playing in the NFL, he is serious contimplating retiring before his body forces him to leave the game. Not all guys can play forever, and maybe he would rather not put his body through more of the beating it takes on Sundays.

Apparently where he lives right now is hours away from Houston and would involve him having a long drive to get to practice and games so its not going to be easier for him playing there. Just cause he lives in Texas, and Houston is in Texas, doesn't mean that he is next door to the stadium. I may be less familiar to the American Geography, but I believe Texas is one of the US's biggest states.

If anything, he may just be wanting to sit out the camps prior to actual training camp so he doesn't have to go through the extra workouts that as a veteran he probably doesn't need. Just because the Bills are saying they have no idea what he is planning to do does it mean they really have no idea like all of us.

The main I thing I worry about with a high motor defender like Schobel, is injury if he does come back. Without OTA's and training camp someone like him will be very prone to injury, or should I say even more prone than he already is.

What possible medical evidence can you give that missing OTA's makes him more likely to get injured????

When has Schobel ever been accused of showing up out of shape?

The only thing he can be accused of is being too small to play DE and that has nothing to do with training camp or OTA's.

Schobel will return during camp and will be the starting OLB.