OBD Members 2010 Predictions Thread

2010 Predictions Thread

Not sure if anyone has already done this, but for posterity and potential bragging rights, I’d like to know y’all’s predictions for 2010. Any prediction will do, but I will limit myself to the Bills regular season W/L record, and AFCE division rankings.

Just your predictions please - and a justification if you choose to. I would prefer to keep the debates and wild tangents to a minimum. That way, we will have a concise record to refer back to. Perhaps we can make predictions now, after training camp, and after the final preseason game. So, come back later if you’d like to make any re-assessments.

________________________________________________________________________________

I predict a complete flip-flop in the AFCE this year. The Bills and Dolphins both go 11-5, but since we whip them twice, we win the division. I’m guessing one loss each to the Jets and New England, and losses to Green Bay, Baltimore, and Minnesota. Everyone else gets trampled. Crazy? Nah, I'm having a great year, my team will too!!!

(1) Bills

(2) Dolphins

(3) Jets

(4) Patriots

GO BILLS!

Who we picking for?

Modrak? Nix? Gailey? Ralph?

You did say OBD (a/k/a One Bills Drive)

But as a TBD member, I would go:

Jets

Pats

Dolphins

Bills

With the Bills giving Miami a run for their money for the third spot

2010 - wow - what a year

- Edwards is named starter, Fitz get cut (and quickly picked up). In week 1, Edwards gets injured and is out for the season, forcing Brohm to take over.

- The 3 headed monster of Lynch, Jackson and Spiller generate 3000 yards of combined total offense w Jackson going over 1000 on the ground and both Jackson and Spiller pick up 500+ receiving yards

- Brohm rolls once he gets his groove, throwing for 3500 yds and 25 TDs, establishes himself as the new "franchise QB"

- Marcus Easley overthrows Steve Johnson for the #2 receiver by week 6, finishes with 50 receptions

- Demetrious Bell surpises every one and anchors a healthy line that starts the same 5 all 16 games. Bell misses pro-bowl, but wins over this board

- Defense is a mess for the 1st half of the year. Kelsay and Maybin prove to be huge liabilities at the OLB positions

- By Week 8, Bryan Scott and Kiwaka Mitchell take over at OLB - the defense bounces back with the smaller OLBs who really enhance pass coverage

- Bills finish #1 against the pass in the league, but sit in the bottom third in run defense.

- Gailey named coach of the year as Bills go 11-5 and get ousted in the 2nd round of the playoffs after beating a game Bengals team in the Wildcard.

- Wood, Jackson, and Byrd make pro-bowl

6-10 or 7-9. But in a more exciting manner than previous years. I think the team finally finds some direction on offense, and lays the groundwork for a playoff push in 2011.

1. Jets 11-5

2. Bills 10-6

3. Pats 8-8

4. Fins 7-9

Optimism runs in my blood, even if it isn't based on reality all of the time. That being said, IF the Bills can stay healthy, the QB that starts can half decently manage himself, and the lines can gel as the season goes on, I realistically believe they can get 10 wins. If they do what many predict and stink it up again, maybe they'll at least know what holes to actually address next year and have better FA and 2011 draft players to choose from to fill them.

2010 - wow - what a year

- Edwards is named starter, Fitz get cut (and quickly picked up). In week 1, Edwards gets injured and is out for the season, forcing Brohm to take over.

- The 3 headed monster of Lynch, Jackson and Spiller generate 3000 yards of combined total offense w Jackson going over 1000 on the ground and both Jackson and Spiller pick up 500+ receiving yards

- Brohm rolls once he gets his groove, throwing for 3500 yds and 25 TDs, establishes himself as the new "franchise QB"

- Marcus Easley overthrows Steve Johnson for the #2 receiver by week 6, finishes with 50 receptions

- Demetrious Bell surpises every one and anchors a healthy line that starts the same 5 all 16 games. Bell misses pro-bowl, but wins over this board

- Defense is a mess for the 1st half of the year. Kelsay and Maybin prove to be huge liabilities at the OLB positions

- By Week 8, Bryan Scott and Kiwaka Mitchell take over at OLB - the defense bounces back with the smaller OLBs who really enhance pass coverage

- Bills finish #1 against the pass in the league, but sit in the bottom third in run defense.

- Gailey named coach of the year as Bills go 11-5 and get ousted in the 2nd round of the playoffs after beating a game Bengals team in the Wildcard.

Wow you put thought into this one! I agree with most of it, but 11-5 we can pray and our run defense should be much improve.. So I think believe our run d would be better then our pass D... Brohm definitely won't throw for 3500 but I do see trent goin down very early in the season..

The defensive line plays brilliantly at times, and gets gashed for big runs at others. I think we will have good days and bad days, but be good enough for 10-6. Call that optimism, but we can do it.

Coach, those are all solid predictions. Stuff happens.

2010 - wow - what a year

Because I am bored - I looked back at my 2009 prediction thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;#entry1533339

1. Week 1 - DJ decides to spread the field and the Bills pull a 4th quarter final drive comeback upset, shocking the country. All preseason beliefs of Trent Edwards are quickly forgotten and Fred Jackson goes for over 150 yards of total offense - NE SHOCKS THE WORLD WITH A 4TH QUARTER FINAL COMEBACK - THANK YOU LEODIS

2. Thru Week 3 Jackson has amassed over 400 yards of offense. In Week 4, Lynch returns to rush for 30 yds on 15 carries and drops a pass. The Bills fall to 3-1. Fans are in an uproar, RB Controversy begins. - NO 3-1 RECORD, BUT JACKSON OPENS THE SEASON WITH 425 YARDS OF OFFENSE IN FIRST 3 GAMES - OH HOW HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED THERE

3. By week 8, Shawn Nelson and Steve Johnson are both starting, supplanting Reed and Shouman. The larger receiving core has resulted in a devastating passing attack as the Bills are top 5 in the league. - SHOUMAN HURT, SO NELSON DOES START - PASSING ATTACK IS DEVASTATING ALL RIGHT - DEVASTATING FOR THE FANS

4. Bills end up 12-4. Top 5 in overall offense. T.O., Eric Wood, Fred Jackson and Trent make the pro-bowl. - UMMMM NO...

5. Offensive Line gels as sack total is top 5 in league. - UMMMMM REALLY NO....

6. Defense finishes middle of the road - 15th overall, top 10 against the run - DEFENSE ACTUALLY DIDN'T PLAY THAT BAD IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE INEPT OFFENSE. ACTUALLY SCORED WELL AGAINST THE PASS, TOO BAD AWFUL AGAINST THE RUN

7. Bills get knocked out in 2nd round of playoffs. - UMMMM NO

Wow you put thought into this one! I agree with most of it, but 11-5 we can pray and our run defense should be much improve.. So I think believe our run d would be better then our pass D... Brohm definitely won't throw for 3500 but I do see trent goin down very early in the season..

What makes you think our run D will be better than our pass D?

Jets 10-6

Pats 10-6

Dolphins 8-8

Bills 6-10

I think this is clearly a rebuilding year though I would not be surprised if we pulled out an 8-8 or 9-7 record for coaching reasons alone.

Because I am bored - I looked back at my 2009 prediction thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;#entry1533339

1. Week 1 - DJ decides to spread the field and the Bills pull a 4th quarter final drive comeback upset, shocking the country. All preseason beliefs of Trent Edwards are quickly forgotten and Fred Jackson goes for over 150 yards of total offense - NE SHOCKS THE WORLD WITH A 4TH QUARTER FINAL COMEBACK - THANK YOU LEODIS

2. Thru Week 3 Jackson has amassed over 400 yards of offense. In Week 4, Lynch returns to rush for 30 yds on 15 carries and drops a pass. The Bills fall to 3-1. Fans are in an uproar, RB Controversy begins. - NO 3-1 RECORD, BUT JACKSON OPENS THE SEASON WITH 425 YARDS OF OFFENSE IN FIRST 3 GAMES - OH HOW HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED THERE

3. By week 8, Shawn Nelson and Steve Johnson are both starting, supplanting Reed and Shouman. The larger receiving core has resulted in a devastating passing attack as the Bills are top 5 in the league. - SHOUMAN HURT, SO NELSON DOES START - PASSING ATTACK IS DEVASTATING ALL RIGHT - DEVASTATING FOR THE FANS

4. Bills end up 12-4. Top 5 in overall offense. T.O., Eric Wood, Fred Jackson and Trent make the pro-bowl. - UMMMM NO...

5. Offensive Line gels as sack total is top 5 in league. - UMMMMM REALLY NO....

6. Defense finishes middle of the road - 15th overall, top 10 against the run - DEFENSE ACTUALLY DIDN'T PLAY THAT BAD IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE INEPT OFFENSE. ACTUALLY SCORED WELL AGAINST THE PASS, TOO BAD AWFUL AGAINST THE RUN

7. Bills get knocked out in 2nd round of playoffs. - UMMMM NO

Yup, pretty solid stuff.

1. The defense could very easily be a top 10-15 defense in the league if they don't have to play 34 minutes a game.

2. If the offense finishes in the top 20, I think we'll all be thrilled.

3. Aaron Maybin will either bust out and have 10+ sacks or be a complete bust altogether. No in between.

4. Jairus Byrd will not get 5 interceptions.

5. The LT position will end up working itself out.

6. The OL won't be as bad as you think.

7. Exactly 2 different QB's will start games for the Bills this season.

8. No WR will have 1,000 yards.

9. Gailey will finally figure out a way to get the TE's involved and either Nelson or Shouman will bust out.

10. The Bills will have no RB w/ 1,000 yards but finish in the top 5 in the league in rushing.

11. At least two projected starters will be on IR by the end of the first game.

12. 6-10 but the fans will get behind the new regime.

Bottom line, there are so many reasons to be optimistic about this team, but the QB position is such a glaring question mark that it's hard to envision any of these 3 guys putting up even JP Losman 2006 #'s (ie. respectable season-long #'s)

As of now, gotta say....

Jets 12-4

Pats* 10-6 with Wildcard

Phins 8-8

Bills 5-11

Doesn't mean I'm not optimistic though... Too many question marks:

- move to 3-4: Need to get a NT next offseason, plus front-7 won't be perfectly in sync until several games into the season.

- QB obviously is questionable, but it will still be a little difficult to tell where we're at right now since the OL is also just getting its **** together (hopefully). Perhaps Hardy (at least I'M still willing to give him a chance) or Easley will step up this season, but as of right now we're looking poor as far as receiving goes.

As long as Gailey gives us hope that they really have their vision in the correct direction, I'm fine with a poor record. I'm excited!