LeBron

Yeah. He was killing it from 2004 to 2007. It's also be interesting to know how much he was roiding in those years. He is the highest paid player in the history of sports. The fact remains until he joined a loaded team with the highest payroll ever, he never won a ring. He is a front runner and cheater.

Baseball's funny - it doesn't allow you to cherry pick stats that you like and discard the ones you don't like. It actually forces you to look at the long haul and aggregate (not partial) numbers. It truly is a game of averages.

You're flailing here. You obviously don't like the guy, which is your right. But you really have no argument, and you should just admit it. His postseason numbers are actually pretty spectacular.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. But that's part of the reason I think LeBron should have stayed in Cleveland. They still had the best record in the NBA and most people thought they were the favorites in the East. Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 27/28.

He can say a tittle in Miami would mean as much as it would in Cleveland but it won't. He is like Gasol or Pippen, good players but not franchise or legendary guys. he would have been a legend in Cleveland and compared to the greats ever. There's no way he can do that in Miami.

Again I don't really disagree so not totally sure what you're arguing. I don't think it's really fair to preemptively declare him a 2nd fiddle should they win the championship as if Wade is unquestionably better due to having been handed a ring by some of the worst 1sided officiating in sports history in the Mavericks series (I did not even have a rooting interest). But I do agree, not all ships are created equal and one in Cleveland certainly would have meant more.

Baseball's funny - it doesn't allow you to cherry pick stats that you like and discard the ones you don't like. It actually forces you to look at the long haul and aggregate (not partial) numbers. It truly is a game of averages.

You're flailing here. You obviously don't like the guy, which is your right. But you really have no argument, and you should just admit it. His postseason numbers are actually pretty spectacular.

Baseball is a lot like poker in a lot of ways.

Ok. But that's part of the reason I think LeBron should have stayed in Cleveland. They still had the best record in the NBA and most people thought they were the favorites in the East. Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 27/28.

He can say a tittle in Miami would mean as much as it would in Cleveland but it won't. He is like Gasol or Pippen, good players but not franchise or legendary guys. he would have been a legend in Cleveland and compared to the greats ever. There's no way he can do that in Miami.

+1

What a hoot! Reads more like a suicide note than a 'call to arms'....

Maybe . . . but I think most of the people reading that in their local paper see it as more of a rallying cry and a hopeful promise. Though probably not surprised, they have got to be p1$$ed!

Nobody circles the wagons like the Cleveland Cavs!!!! . . . :thumbsup:

Food for thought. If Lebron, Dwanye (shouldn't it rhyme with Kanye?), and Chris Bosch all get together and win a championsip as a virtual all-star team, would you still respect them as champions the way you do other teams that have one or two stars and play as a team?

it will mean nothing just as the Yankees championships have for 20 years...when you buy them it is worthless

The only sport you can not but a championship in is football

He cheated and got caught. He took insane money to go to Texas (don't fault him for that) and led them no where. He was never the marquee guy on him own team (Jeter and Griffey). He piggybacked his way to a title.

If you plug a lot of guys into the Yankees' lineup, they can put up numbers. See what Nick Swisher is doing. Playing on a loaded and the most expensive teams ever doesn't impress me. Throw in the fact he is an admitted cheater, sorry i got no respect for the man.

But keep pimping cheaters. :thumbsup:

This sums up my feelings...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=At_....ndecision070910

LeBum is a chump. Went to Miami because he can't handle being the man. He has no guts and no loyalty. Now, he has no brand. I didn't think anything could ever make me root for Kobe Bryant, but if the NBA finals are Miami-LA...Go LA! And I like Wade, but nothing would get me to root for LeBum.

He cheated and got caught. He took insane money to go to Texas (don't fault him for that) and led them no where. He was never the marquee guy on him own team (Jeter and Griffey). He piggybacked his way to a title.

If you plug a lot of guys into the Yankees' lineup, they can put up numbers. See what Nick Swisher is doing. Playing on a loaded and the most expensive teams ever doesn't impress me. Throw in the fact he is an admitted cheater, sorry i got no respect for the man.

But keep pimping cheaters. :thumbsup:

?? Swisher's OBP and OPS+ in 2006 and 2007 with the A's were essentially the same as his 2009 numbers. His improved numbers this year are due primarily to plate discipline, swing, and stance, not the lineup that surrounds him (which is worse than the Yankees' lineup last year). His one bad year was 2008.

Again, you're flailing by pointing to A-Rod's Rangers years, which were spectacular (as were his Mariners years). The Rangers had no pitching, and they certainly didn't lose because of A-Rod. One player can only do so much.

Personally, I think he's jerk, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that he's one of the greatest players of all time. The whole thing about marquee names is bogus anyway - a sportswriters' concoction.

Personally, I think he's jerk, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that he's one of the greatest players of all time.

Well yes, since the MJ era where traveling, palming and other violations were tossed into the trash heap of time. And the 3-point basket, which killed

passing to work the ball inside. Now we have a game with 3 shooters and two slugs, who pile up assist stats.

The NBA today is a version of a Barnum & Bailey circus. If Jordan, James, Bryant et al ever brought the ball in sans the ignored steps and palming against the likes of a Thurmond, Chamberlain, Russell, Kaufmann, Unseld, Cowens etc., they would miss half the season with a busted skull.

Well yes, since the MJ era where traveling, palming and other violations were tossed into the trash heap of time. And the 3-point basket, which killed

passing to work the ball inside. Now we have a game with 3 shooters and two slugs, who pile up assist stats.

The NBA today is a version of a Barnum & Bailey circus. If Jordan, James, Bryant et al ever brought the ball in sans the ignored steps and palming against the likes of a Thurmond, Chamberlain, Russell, Kaufmann, Unseld, Cowens etc., they would miss half the season with a busted skull.

I'm talking about A-Rod, not James ...

it will mean nothing just as the Yankees championships have for 20 years...when you buy them it is worthless

The only sport you can not but a championship in is football

this is just flat out retarded... you can buy all you want,,, but without team chemistry it doesnt mean ****,, and those yankee teams that dominated were 90% home grown through the yankee farm system... nice try though.

I'm talking about A-Rod, not James ...

[/quote

Sorry - misdirected post.

I gave up on MLB when the Pirates emptied out in the early '90's. I think they are approaching 19 years now without a club over .500, and are in a race with BAL this year to the basement. I read the standings to see which is the sorriest. I turned my back on MLB 20 years ago, same as the NBA, and the NHL hockey since the rule changes. I pay to go to the minor leagues; the majors are a joke IMO. They will never get another dime out of me. Sad - I liked them when they played their sports as once intended. It's all just circus and flicking over heavy dough to watch the clowns nowadays. I don't want or need vicarious thrills.

Any opinion on the NBA and James?

+1

Man, we're old!

this is just flat out retarded... you can buy all you want,,, but without team chemistry it doesnt mean ****,, and those yankee teams that dominated were 90% home grown through the yankee farm system... nice try though.

oh another yankees bandwagon guy nice...I love when you all pop on lol

Baseball=garbage

Baseball stopped being a sport in the mid 90's. Prior to that it was all about farm systems and growing teams.

Over the past 15-20 years it is about who spends more..PERIOD no matter what you Yankoffs want to think

Let me guess your favorite teams besides Buffalo all win right? LOL LOSER

Baseball=garbage

Baseball stopped being a sport in the mid 90's. Prior to that it was all about farm systems and growing teams.

Over the past 15-20 years it is about who spends more..PERIOD no matter what you Yankoffs want to think

Get a clue and try and get some class while you are are it. How do you explain the Marlins championships? White Sox? Tigers? How has Tampa been so good the past few years? If it was all about money the Mets would be dominant and the Redskins would of won the past 4 Superbowls. Baseball = beautiful game

Get a clue and try and get some class while you are are it. How do you explain the Marlins championships? White Sox? Tigers? How has Tampa been so good the past few years? If it was all about money the Mets would be dominant and the Redskins would of won the past 4 Superbowls. Baseball = beautiful game

I'm on both sides of the fence here. There are certainly some teams that win with less, and for every team like the Yankees, there's a team like the Red Sox that will spend almost as much. Of course, for teams like the Pirates and Royals, decades of perpetual suck has to take it's toll on your opinion of a capless league.

I'm on both sides of the fence here. There are certainly some teams that win with less, and for every team like the Yankees, there's a team like the Red Sox that will spend almost as much. Of course, for teams like the Pirates and Royals, decades of perpetual suck has to take it's toll on your opinion of a capless league.

a salary cap? Like they have in the NBA? Talk to Cav's fans and see how that goes

I am wondering if Gilbert's reaction is wrong. After LeBron's announcement, I started wondering whether he was going to start flip flopping and change his mind back to Cleveland....now the bridge has been burned.

Really? Lebron was going to make his announcement on national TV, then flip flop, change his mind, and go back to Cleveland? Really?

Gotta love token defensive NYY fan.

How many games does chemistry without talent win? If payroll doesn't matter why do they spend so much? Who else can afford to keep all those players? GTFO

Baseball=garbage

WTF are you talking about? Yeah i'm a yanks fan, but I'm not obsessed about baseball... the only teams i give a **** about are the bills sabres and yanks...

Keep bitching about the yanks payroll, but the fact is they have arguably the best farm system in baseball.... loser LOL

Gotta love token defensive NYY fan.

How many games does chemistry without talent win? If payroll doesn't matter why do they spend so much? Who else can afford to keep all those players? GTFO

Boston, Philly, should I keep goin... I really could care less but I'm so sick of the "yankees buy their teams" same old same old BS, Redskins have bought there teams for how many years and they can't even win the division... if the roles were reversed and it was your team you wouldnt say a god damn word... if you want to win then spend the money

Boston, Philly, should I keep goin... I really could care less but I'm so sick of the "yankees buy their teams" same old same old BS, Redskins have bought there teams for how many years and they can't even win the division... if the roles were reversed and it was your team you wouldnt say a god damn word... if you want to win then spend the money

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salaries/teams

$40 million more (more than the entire Pirates and Padres payroll) than the number 2 team and $100 million than the 8th place team.

It's great if you're a Yankees fan. But for the majority of the teams, you only go to baseball games for beer and hot dogs.

Maybe the Cleveland owner/GM should have done a better job of building a team around their superstar....sounds familiar don't it

Unfortunately, this is probably correct. The Cavs organization basically couldn't build off of being lucky by getting LeBron and they were holding him back because of it. He made the right decision to leave. When you get a superstar player handed to you and you have 6-7 years to find a star player to complement him, and can't, you aren't a championship organization.

Unfortunately, this is probably correct. The Cavs organization basically couldn't build off of being lucky by getting LeBron and they were holding him back because of it. He made the right decision to leave. When you get a superstar player handed to you and you have 6-7 years to find a star player to complement him, and can't, you aren't a championship organization.

They went to a Finals and EC Finals. Jordan didn't win his first championship until he was 28 and played in the msot competitve era of the NBA. If Bird and Magic joined on the same team, MJ would want to crush them, not join them.

The great ones find a way and don't take the easy way out. LeBron just admitted he isn't a great one.

Money will never be an issue for James.

And it's jsut sad because I thought LeBron was different. Guess I was wrong. I think most people would respect LeBron more going ringless on the Cavs and being loyal than being Robin to Wade's Batman and winning one.

you are correct.

James should have stayed in Cleveland and toiled under an owner unable to assemble a championship team- although he did fire his coach and GM in a knee jerk move.

Lebron should have taken the high road and continually failed to win a title because, although good, he can't outplay 5 guys by himself.

After 12 years of frustration, the media could then castigate him for not winning any titles.

and then he could pimp himself out somewhere like Karl Malone did to try to win a title in a desperation move. 

Seems like a way better option to move to a situation where he will enjoy playing with his buddies and have a chance at those elusive titles.