LeBron

He needed to go to Miami. Maybe Wade can carry him to a title the way he carried shaq to his 4th. He's not a winner. LeBron Is the most overrated over hyped athlete in the history of sports. Great player...just not a champion.

Post less.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Food for thought. If Lebron, Dwanye (shouldn't it rhyme with Kanye?), and Chris Bosch all get together and win a championsip as a virtual all-star team, would you still respect them as champions the way you do other teams that have one or two stars and play as a team?

Do we take anything away from Jordan with the team that was around him?

Larry Bird, McHale, Parrish...and all the guys that played with them?

Magic, Worthy and Kareem...and the cast they had around them?

There have been stronger teams with SEVERAL hall of famers on them, players BETTER THAN Wade and Bosh...and we never took anything away from those team when they won championships.

I do not support this, but I could care less...I am a Celtics fan and will be a Knicks fan if they get Carmelo!

I do give Bron-Bron credit though for leaving A LOT of money on the table and going for the rings.

Good job, LeFavre. I'm sure the Heat fans are thrilled...oh, wait....the Heat don't actually have any real fans.

This is no different than Marian Hossa hopping around teams to find a winner. Hossa could have been the reason a team won a championship, instead of just joining someone else's team, being along for the ride, and getting his name on the cup. Same is true of LeBron.

There have been stronger teams with SEVERAL hall of famers on them, players BETTER THAN Wade and Bosh...and we never took anything away from those team when they won championships.

I do not support this, but I could care less...I am a Celtics fan and will be a Knicks fan if they get Carmelo!

I do give Bron-Bron credit though for leaving A LOT of money on the table and going for the rings.

What if wade or bosh walk out with the MVP awards and king James is the Scottie pippen-- great player but way different legacy. What if we end up discussing wade and the great supporting cast when comparing someone to jordan?

I don't really watch the NBA, but this is really bothering me for some reason. I admit, I was hoping lebron would go to the knicks to give me a reason to watch basketball again. But to see him go to Miami, which seemed predetermined all along, I hope he doesn't win a ring ever. Or if he does, like posted before, I hope Wade gets the MVP. I don't buy the hype that he is selfless or about being a team player. I think he has a huge ego, tries to deny it, and its going to bite him. Wait until they need a game winning shot and Wade wants the ball. Wait until bosh starts complaining about ball time.

I only have my feelings. And while I hate Kobe, I hope he keeps lebron winless. And, I hope the knicks get chris Paul and Melo next year. Cause I think those three together can stop the heat. Amare is way better than bosh, and you saw what size does against lebron's teams. You put those guys on the knicks and I will root for them against the heat like I do for my yanks against the socks.

NBA fans, please leave me alone. I have no idea what I'm talking about :-)

This is one of the most unreal things I've ever seen in the history of pro sports

He has to do something to try to life the spirits of the Cleveland fans. LBJ really screwed them by waiting so long to make up his mind while other FA's were snatched up. Imagine if Jim Kelly grew up in Buffalo, and decided after a while to join the Redskins (or any other team) because he wanted to play behind their nasty O-line. That's how angry Cleveland fans are right now.

Post your opinion about LeBron. That's what the thread is about. That's my opinion. It's an opinion shared by many.

Fact.

Funny, on ESPN, I heard one of their NBA Insiders (can't remember which, Boussard I think) say that an NBA GM said, essentially, the same thing you said. His words were, to the effect, of "James is soft. He can't handle pressure like the great ones...he will only win a championship if he doesn't have to lead"...of course, they didn't say who it was...but pretty harsh words coming from a league source. I have to say, I was baffled, by his performances against the Celtics in games 5 and 6 of this years Eastern Conference Finals. He looked like he was either really intimidated by the Celtics (LeBron James should not be intimidated by anyone on the basketball court, especially not Paul Pierce or Kendrick Perkins), or just flat out quit on the Cavs. He was terrible....and as much as I love the Celtics, I think he defeated himself, as much as they did.

I have always liked James, but I feel very differently about him after tonight. I think he will ultimately succeed in Miami, but at what cost? Tiger Woods has to be breathing a sigh of relief right now...finally there is a bigger jerk in sports than he.

Funny, on ESPN, I heard one of their NBA Insiders (can't remember which, Boussard I think) say that an NBA GM said, essentially, the same thing you said. His words were, to the effect, of "James is soft. He can't handle pressure like the great ones...he will only win a championship if he doesn't have to lead"...of course, they didn't say who it was...but pretty harsh words coming from a league source. I have to say, I was baffled, by his performances against the Celtics in games 5 and 6 of this years Eastern Conference Finals. He looked like he was either really intimidated by the Celtics (LeBron James should not be intimidated by anyone on the basketball court, especially not Paul Pierce or Kendrick Perkins), or just flat out quit on the Cavs. He was terrible....and as much as I love the Celtics, I think he defeated himself, as much as they did.

I have always liked James, but I feel very differently about him after tonight. I think he will ultimately succeed in Miami, but at what cost? Tiger Woods has to be breathing a sigh of relief right now...finally there is a bigger jerk in sports than he.

I don't think I've ever seen a "superstar" fall flat on his face like James did vs the celts. He's one of the best #2's in NBA history. You'd never hear him mutter those words. but he joined the Heat so D Wade could get him his ring and get the monkey off his back. The question is, if the Wade-James tandem wins a title or 2 or 5, will James have to hear "But he's gotta win 1 without Wade", like Kobe heard it about Shaq.

Actually, this is a weak argument. Larry Bird made guys like McHale, Parrish, DJ, and Ainge better players...we likely wouldn't remember them, had they not played with Bird. Ditto, for Jordan with Pippen, Grant, Kerr, etc The Lakers of that era are kind of the exception. I think LeBrons move today, while noble in one aspect (turning his back on money, in lieu of championships), it also illustrates that he doesn't have the greatness of Jordan, Bird, Kobe and the other legends. As a fellow Celtics fan, you must have seen the Eastern Conference Finals. James performance was embarassing, for a player of his stature.

I do think he will win some rings in Miami, but it appears to me, he needs someone to lead him to a championship, rather than players to lead to a championship. People malign the talent that the Cavs put around LeBron, but they won a lot of games with that talent. It was James who underperformed in the playoffs, and showed no pulse whatsoever.

Watching a banged up Kobe Bryant, playing an entire season with a multitude of injuries, including busted fingers is such a contrast to LeBron James. Kobe had some terrible nights, offensively, but even those nights, he intimidated his teammates to play their best...Kobe is a leader, in the mold of the other greats...James, not so much...Wade will lead him.

What really has to tick Cleveland fans, as well as the organization, was that they did spend money on decent players, to help LeBron. This isn't a case where a cheap ass owner is unwilling to put money into his product.