***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. The guy has been money all tournament. If there is a more dangerous player from distance, I don't know who it is. He gets some really wicked ball movement and almost all of his shots are on goal.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Some nice highlights from the Germany v. Uraguay match today. First up, Diego frickin Forlan....WHAT A GOAL!!!! This guy is the most potent offensive power I've seen in a long, long time. And on that free kick, he damn near bent it in under the crossbar...this guy is GOOD.

Some nice highlights from the Germany v. Uraguay match today. First up, Diego frickin Forlan....WHAT A GOAL!!!! This guy is the most potent offensive power I've seen in a long, long time. And on that free kick, he damn near bent it in under the crossbar...this guy is GOOD.

He had a good tournament but don't overrate him...

I didn't realize or remember that the first soccer game I ever watched was the first time the World Cup used penalty kicks to decide the winner - 1982. I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw in sports, which had previously been a few minutes earlier seeing the whole injury time thing.

So, what did they do before using the PK shootout?

I didn't realize or remember that the first soccer game I ever watched was the first time the World Cup used penalty kicks to decide the winner - 1982. I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw in sports, which had previously been a few minutes earlier seeing the whole injury time thing.

Replay or drawing of lots.

My earliest memory of the World Cup was also 1982. I did not watch it. But I do remember the nightly news showing all the Italians going crazy in Boston's North End.

I never really watched the World Cup until we hosted in 1994 but have been watching feverently since.

2 thouhts on this game:

1. These guys cry like little girls every time they're touched. I know they're tryign to draw a penalty or something, but do they really have to roll around in the worst pain ever every time someone touches them?

2. This sport will never be popular in the US until they can figure out how to get commercial breaks in every 5 minutes. (Oh yeah, some big-boobed babe shots wouldn't hurt either for the Aamerican viewing audience.)

2 thouhts on this game:

1. These guys cry like little girls every time they're touched. I know they're tryign to draw a penalty or something, but do they really have to roll around in the worst pain ever every time someone touches them?

2. This sport will never be popular in the US until they can figure out how to get commercial breaks in every 5 minutes. (Oh yeah, some big-boobed babe shots wouldn't hurt either for the Aamerican viewing audience.)

So be it. Enjoy your commercials. :rolleyes: