I couldn't go through with ... just couldn't do it

damj

Not to be all age discriminatory and what not ... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, being 41 and content with having 2 kids and not looking for a 3rd, it was time for the old snip.

Told my doctor that I wanted a younger doctor, so of the 3 nearest, she recommended one.

Had never seen the guy, and as I was googling his office, I found out that he is 68.

Sorry, 68 and wielding sharp instruments will get you NOWHERE near my junk.

So if he was the youngest of the two ... who the h-e-l-l were the other 2 ... Yoda and sons?!?

Not to be all age discriminatory and what not ... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, being 41 and content with having 2 kids and not looking for a 3rd, it was time for the old snip.

Told my doctor that I wanted a younger doctor, so of the 3 nearest, she recommended one.

Had never seen the guy, and as I was googling his office, I found out that he is 68.

So if he was the youngest of the two ... who the h-e-l-l were the other 2 ... Yoda and sons?!?

I'd actually prefer an older doctor, if he still has steady hands. If you're gonna go down there with a knife the more experience you have the better. JMO

Making a big deal over nothing .... 15 minutes in and out of the docs office ... a long four day weekend of ice packs and TV wifey actually waited on me :unsure: .... learn that your boys "bump" things more often than you realize :worthy::beer: ... back to work on Monday... albeit moving carefully ... each day better than the previous one ... and by ten days the boys were as good as new. :D

I thought it was clever :worthy:

Clever, yes. However, puns are only funny if they are truly great. If it's anything less than truly great, I cringe.

Sorry for raining on your parade, gringo. :unsure:

I'm confused. How old was the doctor you told you wanted "a younger doctor"?

Making a big deal over nothing .... 15 minutes in and out of the docs office ... a long four day weekend of ice packs and TV wifey actually waited on me :thumbsup: .... learn that your boys "bump" things more often than you realize <_<:w00t: ... back to work on Monday... albeit moving carefully ... each day better than the previous one ... and by ten days the boys were as good as new. :thumbsup:

Well, that's what happens when you let them off the leash....

I'm confused. How old was the doctor you told you wanted "a younger doctor"?

I think he meant he asked his primary care doctor, who was referring him to the doctor who would do the surgery, for the youngest doctor of those available.

Something needs to be said about "old-school."

I don't know... Sometimes the old-timers are the best and have the right perspective and better skills... Take my wife's doctors with our two children... The first one was an old-timer (well into his late 60's-70's) and the second was a total new-ager hippy. I'd take the old-timer in a heartbeat when it came to skills!

My wife asking him about "lactation consultants"... :w00t: His response: "Put the baby to the breast, the baby feeds." On walking epidural: "Crazy east coast stuff... Go natural."

Then again... He is an old guy... 0:):thumbsup:

But... The most important thing came with my first child... My son, we chose to have the him circ'd (not here to debate the pros and cons). The nurse in the hospital commented on how he's (the old time doctor) the best. Wham, bam, snip and done! With precision and accuracy! The nurse commented on how all the newer doctors are not as skilled and take forever to do the procedure and have a problems later on... She said it is excruciating to have to attend during those doctor's (new doctors) procedures. So just imagine how small a baby is and moving. :(

Also... I had an older doctor stitch up my son when he was young (2)... They asked if I wanted a plastic surgeon... We declined (not here to debate that either)... Not a scare is noticable on his lip. All I remember when he was stitching him up is him saying: "It is like hitting a moving target!" and even then they had him "papoosed"... Not exactly the papoose board... But just wrapped up so he wouldn't move as much. He did a bang up job that even the surgeon probably couldn't do just as well!

Yet... My first had complications during natural child birth... Labor (unexpectly weeks early) was very long and he got "wedged in great tightness" (think of Winnie the Pooh, that is were we got the line from). The options were either forceps or C-section. We did all our homework before the birth and thank God... Forceps were totally out of the question and we made the choice in the matter of seconds about going to C-section. Even the old-timer, I woouldn't trust him! Heck, I would NEVER even trust a newer doctor even more!

My doctor? He is a month older than me (42)... <_<:thumbsup: It feels strange!

It's nothing you can't do yourself. Just put a rubber band around the old coin purse and wait. Much cheaper than a co-pay.

<_<:thumbsup:

You forgot the most important part! First make a thread about it here asking advice :thumbsup: :

"Any Doctor Experts: Medical Advice Need

Do it yourself vasectomy"

BTW... ONLY JOKING! To all who post, do not take umbrage... Keep your advice threads coming!

Oh... And mods... Give it more exposure on the main board! :w00t:

I think he meant he asked his primary care doctor, who was referring him to the doctor who would do the surgery, for the youngest doctor of those available.

I got that part. But depending on the age of his primary care physician, what constitutes "younger" may vary. Now after re-reading the OP, I see there were only 3 to choose from (or so it seems).