Best Bills Arm of All Time

The guy with "the best arm" ever on the Bills was probably James Harris, who played with OJ, and was the first black QB to start the season as a #1 QB. He didn't harness it with enough consistency, however, although he had a decent career with the Rams, and still holds an executive position with the Lions.

I agree, James had the Best Arm. Unfortunately he didn't have the best accuracy to go with it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not asking who the greatest quarterback was......not the greatest reader of defenses......im just talkin BEST ARM.

Who had the prettiest deep ball, fluidity of motion, zip on the ball.......say he had perfect protection.

Who had the most talent in purely delivering the ball downfield?

[/quot

In my life the following people have all been accused of having "Strong Arms"... Jack Kemp, Daryle Lamonica, James Harris, Dennis Shaw, Joe Fergerson, Jim Kelly, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe and JP Losman... I've seen each one of these guys throw deep and look damn good doing it.. I'm not saying any of them were great quarterbacks (that wasn't what the question was about)... But how do you say one had a batter arm than the other?.. It's not like you can line them up and and have them compete... I guess it's just something to talk about and it brought back some fond memories...

Since we're not talking about pure QB skills - just throwing the ball given perfect protection - I'd have to say Bledsoe. He had a canon when he had time to throw.

+1

His mobility was his greatest shortcoming, but Bledsoe threw the deep ball as well as anyone.

Im not asking who the greatest quarterback was......not the greatest reader of defenses......im just talkin BEST ARM.

Who had the prettiest deep ball, fluidity of motion, zip on the ball.......say he had perfect protection.

Who had the most talent in purely delivering the ball downfield?

LaMonica...

Kelly. End of discussion.

Exactly. kelly could hit the deep ball with amazing accuracy. The guy could 'flip' the ball over 50 yards it seemed.

Some fans really need to go back and watch 90's tapes of this guy throw.

There is no doubt Kelly was the best all around QB ever, but as you said that isn't the question. I would probably say for just pure arm, Drew Bledsoe. He had one of the best arms to enter the NFL in the past half century.

Rob Johnson had a Cannon too. I think its hard to say who had the strongest....Bledsoe, johnson, Lamonica, Ferguson, JP all have very strong arms.