Is BuffaloBills.com objective?

I never ever ever ever read any links to articles on BuffaloBills.com.

I expect them to be slanted, propaganda, fluff pieces.

But sometimes the titles seem interesting.

Do you guys read them?

Are they worth anything?

Is there ever anything good there that you havent already seen elsewhere, like here or PFT?

No they are not objective!

But then who is?

Its like the modern news media. Is CNN, MSNBC, Fox News or whomever objective?

The answer is without a doubt and across the board NO!

The key is that if one depends on ANY one single source for news and information you will get a biased view.

BuffBills.com is actually a reasonable source for info but it all comes with the bias of a corporation whose basic mission is to get as many dollars from Bills fans as possible. This source along with the Buff Snooze, the limited coverage of the Bills provided by national outlets like ESPN, the corporate money making ramblings of local radio and most important what you see and hear with your own eyes when the game is played can give you the best sense of what is happening.

Its tough because to really know and understand stuff requires devoting time and attention to the game.

Most folks choose not to do this for a boys game and amazingly even for our democracy.

Anyone who depends upon a single source gets a biased view.

Do you guys read them?

Are they worth anything?

Is there ever anything good there that you havent already seen elsewhere, like here or PFT?

The titles seem interesting.... :rolleyes:

If you won't let yourself read even one article from bb.com, there is no point convincing you to do so. Don't embarrass yourself this early man....

Look at your question again, then look at the URL. What is Chris Brown going to say about his employer, that the team sucks? Seriously, he must have a pretty difficult job trying to stay positive all the time.

Anyway, I think Brown does the best he can to convey objective information while still realizing he's an employee of the Buffalo Bills. He does a good job of it.

Do you guys read them?

Are they worth anything?

I don't think Chris Brown is too biased considering Ralph signs his checks. That said you aren't going to hear much in the way of negative news on the Bills. Chris is a PR guy, no different than anyone doing the same job at a big corporation.

PTR

I don't think Chris Brown is too biased considering Ralph signs his checks. That said you aren't going to hear much in the way of negative news on the Bills. Chris is a PR guy, no different than anyone doing the same job at a big corporation.

PTR

No, he's the "lead journalist".

Anyway, the question answers itself. No. Impossible, actually.

PTR

This is true. I haven't seen Chris Brown outright tell any lies though, so I don't mind reading his articles and watching his videos. In many cases he is the only source for interviews with the players/coaches.

What's hilarious about Chris Brown and his role as the team's press agent is that he either doesn't know or chooses not to reveal so many of the inside stories.

Take the Marshawn Lynch saga, for instance.

In Chris Brown's reports, he's quoting Adam Caplan and Adam Schefter and others as far as Lynch's whereabouts and the likelihood of him showing up at One Bills Drive.

Isn't it a bit ironic that an employee of the Buffalo Bills is quoting outside media as to the status of an employee of the Buffalo Bills?

What's hilarious about Chris Brown and his role as the team's press agent is that he either doesn't know or chooses not to reveal so many of the inside stories.

In Chris Brown's reports, he's quoting Adam Caplan and Adam Schefter and others as far as Lynch's whereabouts and the likelihood of him showing up at One Bills Drive.

Isn't it a bit ironic that an employee of the Buffalo Bills is quoting outside media as to the status of an employee of the Buffalo Bills?

Same for Peters. He's obviously not going to investigate this story. It's how the Bills do PR.

Do you guys read them?

Are they worth anything?

The only reason people on the boards know so much, in the offseason when there's no new games, is that they read the original sources, and yeah buffalobills.com is absolutely one of those.

Look at your question again, then look at the URL. What is Chris Brown going to say about his employer, that the team sucks? Seriously, he must have a pretty difficult job trying to stay positive all the time.

Anyway, I think Brown does the best he can to convey objective information while still realizing he's an employee of the Buffalo Bills. He does a good job of it.

Agree. I think Chris Brown does a good job of walking the line. BuffaloBills.com is not supposed to be objective. Is any other corporation going to criticize their own products? Of course not. So I would not expect BuffaloBills.com to criticize their product, either. With Chris Brown, you just kind of have to read between the lines. It is possible to say things without really saying them and Chris Brown does a fine job of doing this IMO.

Plus, Brown has a level of access not afforded to all media types, so it is worth it just for that. He does have some interesting information on a fairly routine basis. Not all the time -- sometimes he just regurgitates player's twitter remarks and so on, but oftentimes he really does have some good info.

PTR

Brown does a good job. It is what it is when reporting on the Bills...10 years and counting with no playoffs...only so much sunshine to work with given the facts.

Do you guys read them?

Are they worth anything?

Taking the time to be informed is never a good thing. Only fools read everything thay can and then draw their own opinions. Take the easy way out ... Just read TSW and you will get all the real facts. Better yet, judge all the players by their Madden score. That way you can play all day and have fun learning about the NFL.

(sarcasm off now)

Do you go to Italian restaurants to complain they don't have Egg Foo Young on the menu?

PTR

Do you go to Italian restaurants to complain they don't have Egg Foo Young on the menu?

PTR

Three questions, Promo (and do answer please).

What are you construing as a complaint? I said it was "hilarious" and "a bit ironic."

Do you understand the difference between critical thinking and negative thinking?

What would be wrong with Chris Brown breaking a Bills story? Other teams feed their reporter "scoops" from time to time.

Look forward to your answer.

Objective, no. To be objective, you'd have to be talking about Lynch, Schoebel's Favreian retirement watch, why Maybin doesn't appear in any of the OTA reports and how the 3-4 looks like without pads on yet.

I do think that his reports are informative and entertaining, especially since you've got new coaches, new defense. It's interesting to watch the players in action, and see who's doing what. It's eye candy to keep us interested.

Three questions, Promo (and do answer please).

What are you construing as a complaint? I said it was "hilarious" and "a bit ironic."

Do you understand the difference between critical thinking and negative thinking?

What would be wrong with Chris Brown breaking a Bills story? Other teams feed their reporter "scoops" from time to time.

Look forward to your answer.

1) Okay maybe I over-reacted.

2) I think that's a fine line, especially when it comes to the Bills. So much bitching all the time.

3) I just find the thread a bit silly. Chris Brown is not a journalist in the classical sense, despite his title of "lead journalist". He works for the Bills, therefore he is not paid to compromise the team or put them in a negative light. He is not going to reveal information that hurts the team, such as discussing practice details or game plans, etc.

By quoting other sources he is basically saying "I didn't let the cat out of the bag". He may have known things but can't reveal them, unless another outlet already has. Chris's job is to promote the Bills, not report on them.

PTR

Thanks for replying.

One of the regular posters here, I won't mention his name even though I should, said that:

1) I should learn to read

2) I had the "disgusting character trait" of dishonesty and that my parents never taught me about honesty

3) I was on drugs

When I called him on it (twice actually), he never responded.

Got me to wondering what, if anything, his parents taught him. Among other things, I guess he was never taught to not make unprovoked attacks on strangers (he called someone else a midget), or be held accountable for the false accusations he hurls at others. Or to apologize…or to even attempt to show that he was justified in his attacks on others.

Obviously he was wrong and didn't have the moral courage to admit so. And yes, I'm obviously still piss'd off about it.

Anyways, he never manned up. So thanks again for replying.