Fred Jackson to Marshawn:

what is wrong with lynch? i know he is a complete !@#$ , but he has a heckuva upside as a running back. i envision him contributing this year, but the attitude is indefensible. i am strictly evaluating his ability to contribute to the success of the bills , but my patience is wearing thin.

what is wrong with lynch? i know he is a complete !@#$ , but he has a heckuva upside as a running back. i envision him contributing this year, but the attitude is indefensible. i am strictly evaluating his ability to contribute to the success of the bills , but my patience is wearing thin.

he would like to be traded or cut what is so hard to understand like McGahee and Peters he doesn't like it here anymore

he would like to be traded or cut what is so hard to understand like McGahee and Peters he doesn't like it here anymore

Skipping OTA's after a sorry season isn't exactly the way to draw the interest of potential trade partners. It is however an excellent way to find yourself playing out a rookie contract as a third stringer to find your stock has dropped to junk bond status when it comes time to test the free agent market.

Upside?

3 yards per carry, running over pedestrians-not linebackers, thug, out of shape, P.O.S.! Poor me....somebody threw a beer at my car, they don't like me anymore, I have to stay in my mansion with my uncle and play Wii bowling all day, I want traded, give me $20.00 bucks, give me a blunt and a 9MM cuz I a rich MF gangsta.

Is this the upside? If your talking about what he did a few years ago, that's guy is gone and with Jackson and Spiller we don't need him any how.

I agree with Simon.

We've seen Marshawn's best.

The question is, can he regain that form?

Anyways the takeaway of Tim's piece is really this:

Fred is pretty blunt and honest about his view on Marshawn's non-attendance.

By all accounts, they are friends, but it is clear (at least to me) that Freddy takes his role as a team leader very seriously.

He did not mince words. He painted a clear picture of what Marshawn is missing by not being in attendance. And the implications of what Freddy says are grave.

How much playing time is a guy gonna get if you can't trust him to know his responsibilities (ie-pass blocking)?

My gut feeling is that Lynch is a very conflicted person who knows what he should do but can't bring himself to do it because it's not what he wants to do.

I'm thinking it's less than 50/50 whether he's on the team past this offseason.

Like the offensive tackle situation, I believe that the Bills are flexible (whatever they say) on Lynch and are seeing how things unfold.

Also, it may be valid to say that the Bills made a mistake by not trading him for a 3rd round pick, if those reports are true.

Barring a league-wide rash of injuries at running back, I don't foresee the market for his services increasing. The Bills might have missed the bubble.

I think we could still get a 3rd for him pretty easily. Everyone knows his attitude can be attributed to his discontent. The off the field problems though, there are really no explanation for. I think there lies the drawback for a trade of the guy.

Well, like I said, I think Freddy's comments were refreshingly candid. I think his priorities, commitment, and character were on full display.

Is it possible that the veteran leaders on this team with the most leadership skill and character are two undrafteds?

Fred Jackson and George Wilson?

I think this may be the case.

Marshawn, brother......i dont think youve done anything thats unforgiveable. You kinda, sorta apologized.....i think it might be time to extract yer head from yer azz and maybe get back to work. Like a grown man does.

Marshawn is an above average to good RB at best. He isn't that fast, can't catch that well, doesn't pick up blitz assignments that great and when he has the ball he dances. He is what he is and that is an 'ok' back that acts like a thug.

This guy is killing his own self by his childish actions. So let him stay away and hopefully we can get a box of tape in a trade for him this preseason some time.

Lynch and his agent are clearly trying to force a trade, but there's no way Nix will roll over on his first big GM headache.

Not a good sign it they had hopes of getting even modest value for him...

i want to like marshawn. ive always tried to keep his first 2 seasons in mind when judging him as a player. i really dont care about any off field stuff as everyone makes mistakes, and there are plenty of worse problems out there. and outside of the hit and run, he really hasnt committed any crimes.

but he's making it very difficult for me to support him at all.

i get it, it's "voluntary". except that there is a new regime, new coaching, and a new playbook. what better time to re-invent yourself as what you want to be? it's a chance for a clean slate, and he's not taking it.

i always knew he wasnt the brightest bulb, but this is flat out idiotic. dude needs to be here.

for someone who NEEDS playing time in order to return to form, even if it just to increase his trade value, he sure is handing the starting spot to Jackson.

Why don't we just trade him and move on? So he's a first rounder. Who cares? It is a sunk cost. Third round picks were offered during the draft, so maybe we can get a decent malcontent at a need position in return. Jackson and Spiller make sense. Jackson, Spiller and Lynch do not.

Well, like I said, I think Freddy's comments were refreshingly candid. I think his priorities, commitment, and character were on full display.

Is it possible that the veteran leaders on this team with the most leadership skill and character are two undrafteds?

Fred Jackson and George Wilson?

I think this may be the case.

I guess this may not come as a total surprise as undrafted guys likely have the most respect for the journey to get where they are and recognize it's not an entitlement league.

By the time Lynch got halfway through college, he probably banked on the NFL happenning. Couple that with immaturity and its easy to see how a privileged life could be taken for granted.

Why don't we just trade him and move on? So he's a first rounder. Who cares? It is a sunk cost. Third round picks were offered during the draft, so maybe we can get a decent malcontent at a need position in return. Jackson and Spiller make sense. Jackson, Spiller and Lynch do not.

My guess is that the front office has tried. I expected him to be traded the weekend before the draft. But who knows ? Perhaps there were no takers given his apparent lack of motivation and his off-field troubles.

Every NFL team has disgruntled players. Lucky for us we have two very good RBs that are ready and willing to lay it on the line for the Bills in 2010. I will file this in the "who cares" category.

Is a 3rd worth it? I prefer the attitude of "STFU Lynch and do your job. You're not going anywhere unless you improve enough to get your worth."