Fred Jackson to Marshawn:

Marshawn, brother......i dont think youve done anything thats unforgiveable. You kinda, sorta apologized.....i think it might be time to extract yer head from yer azz and maybe get back to work. Like a grown man does.

Great post. Come on back Beast mode!

It's interesting that Lynch didn't report to the first set of OTAs, because he said (per the article in Yahoo Sports) that he would be reporting this week. I guess he changed his mind?

Yeah, like I inferred earlier, I think he's deeply conflicted. I think he knows he ought to be in Orchard Park with his teammates but I think also that his heart simply isn't into it. Just my guess.

I also wonder what sort of advice he's getting from his inner circle.

I think most everyone is in agreement on one thing…Marshawn needs to man up.

he would like to be traded or cut what is so hard to understand like McGahee and Peters he doesn't like it here anymore

As Nix said: "It's not up to him whether he wants to be here or not."

If more teams would put the smack down on players and stop pandering to them when you hurt their feelings like they are little 5 year olds, this bullcrap Lynch is trying wouldn't work...

Marshawn who?

Who cares? Move on from Bust Mode anytime. I won't miss him.

Bust Mode, I like that. I use to be a huge mashawn fan, but I have grown weary hoping this cat would finally change and turn it around. The harsh reality is, he is nothing more than a POS gangsta thug, that were he not in the NFL, would no doubt be hangin out with the Bloods or Crips, selling crack on the street and flashin them gold teeth. F U BustMode!

Marshawn who?

Who cares? Move on from Bust Mode anytime. I won't miss him.

Bust mode. Perfect!

I thought Marshawn's mother was going to be living in the area. Does he live with his uncle and brother? So I wonder where he gets his advise - if he listens to anyone.

I was hoping he would have that head-removal-from-rectum surgery in the off-season, but I guess it did not happen. Maybe the dreadlocks got stuck or something.

What a shame - another first round bust.

Yeah, like I inferred earlier, I think he's deeply conflicted. I think he knows he ought to be in Orchard Park with his teammates but I think also that his heart simply isn't into it. Just my guess.

I also wonder what sort of advice he's getting from his inner circle.

I think most everyone is in agreement on one thing…Marshawn needs to man up.

...and who makes up his inner circle as well.

Bust Mode -- hilarious.

I think Marshawn is the guy who loves to play but hates to practice. Unfortunately, when you get to this level success in games is a direct corollary to effort at practice -- Allen Iverson's comments notwithstanding.

ML's failure to pick up blitzes, run correct pass routes, hit the right hole -- all a function of a lack of dedication to practice. Nobody ever questions ML's effort while he's playing; he clearly gives it his all. He's simply unprepared.

I guarantee Gailey will not play ML if he doesn't think he knows the plays. It's unfair to the rest of the team. Freddy knows this, and he's trying to send ML that message.

As Nix said: "It's not up to him whether he wants to be here or not."

If more teams would put the smack down on players and stop pandering to them when you hurt their feelings like they are little 5 year olds, this bullcrap Lynch is trying wouldn't work...

This is partly why there shouldn't be any voluntary OTA/minicamps. They should all be mandatory. I know what the players union would say to that, but especially when you have a new GM and a new coach, everyone needs to get on the same page.

I don't understand the point of half the team showing up for a minicamp.

Bust Mode -- hilarious.

I think Marshawn is the guy who loves to play but hates to practice. Unfortunately, when you get to this level success in games is a direct corollary to effort at practice -- Allen Iverson's comments notwithstanding.

ML's failure to pick up blitzes, run correct pass routes, hit the right hole -- all a function of a lack of dedication to practice. Nobody ever questions ML's effort while he's playing; he clearly gives it his all. He's simply unprepared.

I guarantee Gailey will not play ML if he doesn't think he knows the plays. It's unfair to the rest of the team. Freddy knows this, and he's trying to send ML that message.

Agreed on all points.

Time for Marshawn to stop pouting and man-up.

It's early yet, but if he runs this into fine time, my money's on Nix.

I don't see Nix caving, and I do see Bust Mode panicking when the game checks stop and the fines pile up.

Skipping OTA's after a sorry season isn't exactly the way to draw the interest of potential trade partners. It is however an excellent way to find yourself playing out a rookie contract as a third stringer to find your stock has dropped to junk bond status when it comes time to test the free agent market.

I agree, I think it is really short sited of players and theit agents to take this route...IF teams have the gumption to make them sit thru the initial contract. Of couse, someone will sign you after your rookie contract is over, but for a pitance and you have to go out and prove yourself all over again.

Every NFL team has disgruntled players. Lucky for us we have two very good RBs that are ready and willing to lay it on the line for the Bills in 2010. I will file this in the "who cares" category.

yes CJ and Fred Jackson. And we have a punk for a third RB

Is a 3rd worth it? I prefer the attitude of "STFU Lynch and do your job. You're not going anywhere unless you improve enough to get your worth."

If Lynch keeps this up then it's time to show some guts and suspend him for the season on the failure to report list.

With Joique Bell as our third running back (Division 2 Player of the year (8,055 total career years, which is ninth in NCAA history and fifth in college football history in scoring with 97 TDs) we can survive without THE BEAST.

Obviously, if Lynch was the player we saw in his first two years things might be different but every time he went in for Jackson last year most of us were sitting there waiting for Fred to be back in. And, the greatest injustice of the season might have been the amount of playing time Lynch received at the end of his suspension even though Jackson was already the best Bill for the first four games.

If Lynch keeps this up then it's time to show some guts and suspend him for the season on the failure to report list.

With Joique Bell as our third running back (Division 2 Player of the year (8,055 total career years, which is ninth in NCAA history and fifth in college football history in scoring with 97 TDs) we can survive without THE BEAST.

Obviously, if Lynch was the player we saw in his first two years things might be different but every time he went in for Jackson last year most of us were sitting there waiting for Fred to be back in. And, the greatest injustice of the season might have been the amount of playing time Lynch received at the end of his suspension even though Jackson was already the best Bill for the first four games.

Let's at least wait until we get to the mandatory part of the job before we throw the guy out. Sound reasonable?

Let's at least wait until we get to the mandatory part of the job before we throw the guy out. Sound reasonable?

That's why the FO isn't getting its knickers in a knot.

IF, and that's a sizable IF, things get into fine time - then my money's still on the FO.

The only whip Marshawn will be able to afford to tip is a taxicab.