Trent Edwards calls Jim Kelly Naive

Lets see TE prove that a California QB can hack it in WNY. Proof is in the pudding and the last 3 Calif QBs have been awful, up until this point.

Edwards threw 4 tds against the Fins in a clold, snowy game. He led the Bills back in a game against the Broncos in one of the coldest games in Broncos' history. He had 4 tds aginst the Chiefs in a very cold game. Hell, even Losman threw 3 tds against the Fins in a cold, snowy game. In the 2 of the worst weather games in Bills history where Edwards played bad, he still outperformed Eli Manning and Derek Anderson (a pro bowler that year).

Additionally, Brady and Aaron Rodgers are from Cali and play in cold weather cities. Also, this Buffalo is a complete blizzard is a myth. I believe it was really cold at one game this year. Kelly was a very good QB. But this was jsut a terrible point. A good Qb is a good QB, no matter where they are from. Edwards, right now, is an average QB. But Kelly's point is very weak and is probably why he lasted a year on TV.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady is from California. It's just a ridiculous argument, at least admit it.

True, but what has he ever accomplished? (Sarcasm intended). You can add Carson Palmer, Mark Sanchez and Aaron Rodgers to the list too, just to name a few Cali QBs who don't play in Miami like weather.

Edwards threw 4 tds against the Fins in a clold, snowy game. He led the Bills back in a game against the Broncos in one of the coldest games in Broncos' history. He had 4 tds aginst the Chiefs in a very cold game. Hell, even Losman threw 3 tds against the Fins in a cold, snowy game. In the 2 of the worst weather games in Bills history where Edwards played bad, he still outperformed Eli Manning and Derek Anderson (a pro bowler that year).

Additionally, Brady and Aaron Rodgers are from Cali and play in cold weather cities. Also, this Buffalo is a complete blizzard is a myth. I believe it was really cold at one game this year. Kelly was a very good QB. But this was jsut a terrible point. A good Qb is a good QB, no matter where they are from. Edwards, right now, is an average QB. But Kelly's point is very weak and is probably why he lasted a year on TV.

That is true. I went to the last two playoff games at Rich Stadium, and you barely even needed a jacket and it was in January.

I think Trent Edwards may be to the point where he has nothing to lose. Everyone has been down on him and he's finally speaking up. I think he grew a set over the offseason and has a point to prove. Nothing pissed me off more than last year when asked if he would have booed and he said I don't know I'm not a Buffalo Bills fan. Maybe he has changed and will step up and lead this circus that has been in Orchard Park for the last 10 years. Cross our fingers.

T.E. CAN talk a little bit, he just can't hit open receivers.

Trent may never make it as a star quarterback in the NFL; but other than that, he's pretty much a class act. he's not complaining, he hasn't had good coaching but we never hear him complain. and he stated it perfectly when he said jim kelly is a living legend and has earned the right to state whatever opinion about the buffalo bills he wants......

touche trent; no story here. compare that to marshawn lynch saying he's playing for 32 different GM's right now and someone will want him etc.......

Trent may never make it as a star quarterback in the NFL; but other than that, he's pretty much a class act. he's not complaining, he hasn't had good coaching but we never hear him complain. and he stated it perfectly when he said jim kelly is a living legend and has earned the right to state whatever opinion about the buffalo bills he wants......

touche trent; no story here. compare that to marshawn lynch saying he's playing for 32 different GM's right now and someone will want him etc.......

Very true. Trent called his statement naive, that does mean he meant is is always naive on all subjects.

Jimbo may have been a great QB but his statement about California QBs was wrong. Naive is a nice way of putting it.

Stereotyping a QB by the state he played in makes little sense.

I think Trent Edwards may be to the point where he has nothing to lose. Everyone has been down on him and he's finally speaking up. I think he grew a set over the offseason and has a point to prove. Nothing pissed me off more than last year when asked if he would have booed and he said I don't know I'm not a Buffalo Bills fan. Maybe he has changed and will step up and lead this circus that has been in Orchard Park for the last 10 years. Cross our fingers.

This has to be one of the most misconstrued comments in recent Bills history... saying that Jim Kelly is naive is a close second. Bledsoe proclaiming "this is my team", after the 2004 season finale is right up there....

The first comment, "I am not a Bills fan" was made, referring to the perspective that Edwards views the Bills problems. He was asked a question based on the perception that Bills fans have, as to what the problems were with the Bills offense. He answered "I am not a Bills fan" and explained that, being a player on the field (as opposed to a fan watching from the stands, on tv, listening to the radio, listening to the guy at work, etc) his perspective of things is different. So, Edwards haters, who are prone to being overly sensitive, took this, and ran with it...

Now, go back and read the Edwards/Kelly article. Edwards isn't saying that Kelly is naive, but rather, his comment about "California QB's" was naive. He then went on to site many successful California quarterbacks. I think calling Kellys' comment naive was generous, as it was just kind of bush league and ignorant. But, he stuck with naive, and went on to defer to Kelly...he was a lot more tactful, and professional than Kelly was, in this instance. And, it wasn't as if Edwards went out to call Kelly to task for his comment, he merely responded to a question that was asked of him, concerning Kelly's comments.

This has to be one of the most misconstrued comments in recent Bills history... saying that Jim Kelly is naive is a close second. Bledsoe proclaiming "this is my team", after the 2004 season finale is right up there....

The first comment, "I am not a Bills fan" was made, referring to the perspective that Edwards views the Bills problems. He was asked a question based on the perception that Bills fans have, as to what the problems were with the Bills offense. He answered "I am not a Bills fan" and explained that, being a player on the field (as opposed to a fan watching from the stands, on tv, listening to the radio, listening to the guy at work, etc) his perspective of things is different. So, Edwards haters, who are prone to being overly sensitive, took this, and ran with it...

Now, go back and read the Edwards/Kelly article. Edwards isn't saying that Kelly is naive, but rather, his comment about "California QB's" was naive. He then went on to site many successful California quarterbacks. I think calling Kellys' comment naive was generous, as it was just kind of bush league and ignorant. But, he stuck with naive, and went on to defer to Kelly...he was a lot more tactful, and professional than Kelly was, in this instance. And, it wasn't as if Edwards went out to call Kelly to task for his comment, he merely responded to a question that was asked of him, concerning Kelly's comments.

So you're saying he can't grasp the fans prospective, because he is a player? You just keep blowing that ole TE horn. I find it ironic that he was offended about the California comment but not about Jimbo's insinuation that he sucks, and the team needs to move on. I'm glad he can count on your support, but I'm with Kelly. Also even though Brown is considered "rough", I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, as he is the type of QB Chan seems to prefer.

So you're saying he can't grasp the fans prospective, because he is a player? You just keep blowing that ole TE horn. I find it ironic that he was offended about the California comment but not about Jimbo's insinuation that he sucks, and the team needs to move on. I'm glad he can count on your support, but I'm with Kelly. Also even though Brown is considered "rough", I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, as he is the type of QB Chan seems to prefer.

I don't know what the other guy is saying, but I'll come out and say that anyone who is bothered by that quote can't grasp context. It isn't Trent's job to think like a fan; his job is to play football.

I am not even a fan of the guy...I vote for Fitz in every one of the polls, and would pick Brohm second. But that is not the point. This "I'm not a fan of the team" garbage has to die.

I don't know what the other guy is saying, but I'll come out and say that anyone who is bothered by that quote can't grasp context. It isn't Trent's job to think like a fan; his job is to play football.

I am not even a fan of the guy...I vote for Fitz in every one of the polls, and would pick Brohm second. But that is not the point. This "I'm not a fan of the team" garbage has to die.

Obviously Trent should take a self centered view of things definitely. He is obviously Stanford educated which puts him on a defintely high pedastal obviously. The fans may be paying his salary obviously but he didn't take economics at Stanford where he went to college in so he obviously doesn't understand that because he defnitely isn't the Bills accountant either obviously. His Stanford education has definitely propelled him to heights where he accepts blame for nothing obviously.

I totally agree with you, this crap that Edwards is not a fan is the most important thing on the planet is the most retarded thing ever posted on this board, and the people that are obsessed with it need help.

Very true. Trent called his statement naive, that does mean he meant is is always naive on all subjects.

Jimbo may have been a great QB but his statement about California QBs was wrong. Naive is a nice way of putting it.

Stereotyping a QB by the state he played in makes little sense.

Your'e correct, he could have been a lot less politically correct than saying Naive, maybe moronic or assinine could have been his choices. Some people hate Edwards so much on this board that if they ever found out he wore a t-shirt inside out they would have him prosecuted. He hasn't been great on the field, but off it he has been a class act considering the position he has been put in with no offensive line and terrible coaching.

I totally agree with you, this crap that Edwards is not a fan is the most important thing on the planet is the most retarded thing ever posted on this board, and the people that are obsessed with it need help.

It is not the most important thing on the planet. I don't think anyone said it was. It is not even the most important thing about Edwards. I can think of 10 things about Edwards that are more important than him not giving a crap about the fans:

1. He does not do things to women like Pig Ben or Kobe. This puts him ahead of Pig Ben on my preferred QB depth chart.

2. He has shown nothing whatsoever to indicate he can succeed in the NFL.

3. He will be getting yet another chance to prove himself this year which will probably end in yet another scapegoat. Hopefully this time only Trent will be crying and not all of his fanboys.

4. He is unable or unwilling to look for a recipient; notice I did not say receiver because that goes without saying, beyond 5 yards downfield.

5. He is more fragile than 93.4% of all china dolls.

6. For all of the things written about him and Stanford, he has yet to give a single quote that indicates he has any intelligence, football or otherwise, whatsoever obviously.

7. He is a Glove Wearing Mary from Los Gatos.

8. He appears, at least to me, to have written off Buffalo. He never says one good thing about being a Bill, or being an NFL player for that matter.

9. When he was originally picked, it was at Bill Walsh's suggestion to Marv. Walsh was a noted practical joker. The easily duped Trent STILL repeats the line about Bill Walsh in his self promoting moments. There is a very good chance that this whole thing is a practical joke.

10. TO NEVER bad mouthed him. TO always was angered at his QB when that QB did not meet his expectations. TO saw Trent every day. Trent must have met TO's expectations. TO's expectations must have been VERY low.

I can probably think of more but not giving a crap at all about fans is sort of important so I'll stop the list there.

He was NOT asked to dissect the problems of the offense from a fans perspective, he was NOT asked to name anybody specifically, he was asked a simple question: Would you have booed the Bills if you were a paying customer?

Here's the question and the quote:

"Edwards, asked if he would have booed the Bills as a paying customer, said: "I'm not a Bills fan, I'm a football player here. I'm a Bills player, so I can't really answer that."

Terrell Owens was asked the very same question after the very same game:

"Receiver Terrell Owens, asked if he would have booed the Bills as a paying customer, said: "I'm pretty sure I would have. They deserve more."

Linky

How did Owens get it and Edwards did not?

Darryl Talley twittered he was both a fan AND a player.

How did Talley get it and Edwards did not?

Christ, he would have been better off NOT answering the question.

Oh, really?

Which one might that have been?

Look at Kelly's number for any one of the four Super Bowl and it's obvious he struggled in all four. Yet if want to look at one specifically look at Super Bowl XXV. That last drive is one that most people forget. For as great as Kelly was as a no huddle QB one has to wonder why he left so much time on the clock before the field FG attempt or did try and get us closer with one more play.