Marshawn Lynch speaks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too quick to take him at his word, but if he's sincere it could be a great redemption story. I'm not holding my breath, but I have a little hope for him now. Of course, this is the first thing I've seen in a long time that left any kind of positive impression of him.

I'd love to feel bad for him but he's dug his own grave in Buffalo. He should've came out like a bat outta hell after his suspension and he came back out of shape and sluggish. If he comes back and puts up a couple 100 games outta the gate, his good will is back and fans are shouting Beast Mode again.

I hope he does bounce back though. Although, if he's motivated and playing well and Freddy keeps up his solid performance, the Spiller pick will look even more puzzling than it did on draft day.

I'm rooting for him to tear it up. That said, I'd suggest Marshawn read Travis Henry's wikipedia page and use it as a cautionary tale.

Hey, I grew up in Rochester, and agree with him that the area's not for everybody. That's why I moved. Then again, I wasn't getting paid millions to play a kids game. Grow up, dude. Put down the Wii bowling and hit the weights, so you don't show up to training camp looking like one of the O' Jays, like you did last year.

I'd love to feel bad for him but he's dug his own grave in Buffalo.

Had the "hit and run" never happened, would anyone give a flying fig about the illegal gun in the trunk of his car? Doubtful. I think even the most anti-Lynch people would agree that he had it for protection.

As for the "hit and run," the problem there is that he said he didn't know he hit the victim, but many don't believe him and would only accept a guilty admission from him. Even if he'd come out immediately and said he didn't know he hit her, no one would have believed him. It's not dissimilar to someone being falsely accused, but still carrying the stigma for the rest of their lives.

He should've came out like a bat outta hell after his suspension and he came back out of shape and sluggish. If he comes back and puts up a couple 100 games outta the gate, his good will is back and fans are shouting Beast Mode again.

I hope he does bounce back though. Although, if he's motivated and playing well and Freddy keeps up his solid performance, the Spiller pick will look even more puzzling than it did on draft day.

Lynch had as many rushing TD's last year as Jackson did, in half the carries. I can't fault anyone for their production last year in that abortion of an offense.

As for the Spiller pick, if he's used a lot as a kick returner, WR, and gets a few carries sprinkled in, and does well, it will be a good pick. Hopefully Lynch gets himself back into shape and avoids trouble.

>>>>>Spiller, an undersized breakaway threat, isn’t likely to be deployed as a traditional, every-down halfback.<<<<<

Wonderful. :censored::sick::(

What you're missing at the end of that statement is "...as a rookie."

Mark my words - Freddie and not Marshawn is the odd man out.

It's a long season. Players go down. Probably gonna need all 3 to make it through the year. I don't think any of the 3 will be leaving.

I hope he's serious. :(

I can't believe that Nix wouldn't take a third rounder for him. :censored: Oh well, we'll see what the future holds.

If they wouldn't take a 3rd rounder for him I can only imagine what garbage they were offering for Gaither

Had the "hit and run" never happened, would anyone give a flying fig about the illegal gun in the trunk of his car? Doubtful. I think even the most anti-Lynch people would agree that he had it for protection.

As for the "hit and run," the problem there is that he said he didn't know he hit the victim, but many don't believe him and would only accept a guilty admission from him. Even if he'd come out immediately and said he didn't know he hit her, no one would have believed him. It's not dissimilar to someone being falsely accused, but still carrying the stigma for the rest of their lives.

Lynch had as many rushing TD's last year as Jackson did, in half the carries. I can't fault anyone for their production last year in that abortion of an offense.

As for the Spiller pick, if he's used a lot as a kick returner, WR, and gets a few carries sprinkled in, and does well, it will be a good pick. Hopefully Lynch gets himself back into shape and avoids trouble.

He's a thug. I'm not one of the crazed Buffalonians who hold that against him or anything, but a thug is a thug. You would call a duck a duck if you saw one, so I don't really see the point in trying to spin him differently by saying, "had the hit and run never happened". Well it did. And I still would have called him a thug if it didn't. None of this sways my support for the guy, but come one with trying to paint him like a saint.

“When I’m out, I’m real cautious about what I do,” Lynch said." -He actually said that. We're supposed to be proud because he's now acting like every other person when they go out? He now looks for people crossing the road, and smokes his weed indoors? I'm sick of the race card being played like its AA. Nothing this guy did helped. The city didn't have it out for him, we just started calling a thug, a thug.

Mark my words - Freddie and not Marshawn is the odd man out.

I'm not so sure there will be an odd man out. I can see the Bills utilizing all 3 often w/ Marshawn and Fred platooning on the more traditional style run plays, w/ Spiller pulling some sweeps and screens and doing a lot of work out of the slot.

w/o the Dick Jauron 3-and-out so your defense can win the game philosophy in place there will likely be a lot more carries to go around. Think NY when they had "Earth, Wind, and Fire" or the Saints last year. You could even draw a loose (very loose) paralell w/ the Vikings last yr w/ AP as the starter (Lynch) w/ significant time from Chester Taylor (FJ) and Percy Harvin primarily as the slot receiver (Spiller).

The only comment i recall the Bills making in regards to Lynch is "he's a member of this team and we expect him to be here".

The Bills didn't start the "we might trade Marshawn" story, Lynch did when he ASKED to be traded. The guy has gotten into trouble during the offseason in 2 of his 3 years and we're supposed to feel bad for him?

If Marshawn were smart he'd get his ass into the offseason conditioning program and show up for camp in amazing shape. Nothing will make the coaches or fans love him more than coming out of the gates like a freight train. There's plenty of room for Lynch, Spiller and Jackson.

And for you geniuses complaining about the Bills not trading him for a 3rd round pick, you're idiots. You don't trade a former 1st round draft choice with no injuries and the Lynch's potential for a 3rd round pick. Not unless the situation is completely hopeless.

I have heard first hand, from a VERY reliable source, than Marshawn has been stopped by the police at least 50 times since coming to Buffalo. But IIRC, the gun charge in California is the only time he has been arrested. I'm not even sure he got a ticket from all those times being pulled over (he got one for the hit and run, I know). The source relayed the time also mentioned in the article about being pulled over in the Ralph Wilson parking lot, although apparently this happened twice, not once. For loud music.

It's entirely possible that he's made a couple really bad mistakes AND the cops and the city have it in for him. Those two things are not at all mutually exclusive, however many times people try to make it one or the other.

He surely needs to do what he says he is going to do in that article. But there is also room for three backs on a team, especially when they are all different kinds of backs like Spiller, Freddy and Lynch. I'm looking forward to Lynch this season. Our run game could be fun to watch if Gailey is as advertised.