Marshawn Lynch speaks

The article certainly paints an ugly picture for the city.

1) Lynch likely does not reside in the city of Buffalo

2) Buffalo is turning into a ghetto city with drugs, gangs and abandoned houses expanding at an all too rapid pace. Trust me, I drive and work in the streets all day---straight ghetto. Yeah there are still some nice areas, but the ghetto areas are lurking a mile or two away and quickly closing the distance...It paints an ugly picture of a city that is truly ugly(not all of WNY, just the the city mind you). Virtually anyone that has the means to do so has moved out of the city and into the suburbs, so what is left? Absentee owners living in Cali using property managers to rent to Section 8 tenants because they are guaranteed to get paid, with a third to a half of the houses on a street boarded up and looking like a jungle for most of the summer. Do not underestimate just how ghetto Buffalo has become.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE REAL DEFINITION OF THE WORD THUG

thug (thg)

n.

1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

Please connect that definition of the word thug to Marshawn because to me calling him an assassin is hilarious. A ruffain or hoodlum is pretty funny to..

This is what YOU really wanna want the word THUG to stand for but your to scared to say it..

Thug (thg)

n

1. Aggressive black person

2. Has dreads/braids, gold teeth and listens to hip hop music

I know thats what you and every other ignorant TBD poster who even phatom the thought of using that word because they feel safe to use it instead of other words. I know what you really want to say NEXT TIME SAY IT AND LET IT BE KNOWN. Or better yet prove me wrong and tell me whats your definition of a thug?

Im from buffalo I know how people like you act and think I went to school with them you cant fool me just say it or turn you inside voice on. Marshawn is pretty dead on with what he's saying I can see it happening. Even tho he has done some things to damage he image, the stereotyping is somewhat racist.

Ohhhhh snap. You know about free online dictionaries.

He's a thug, Ralph Wilson is old, Rachel Maddow is a lesbian, John Madden is fat, Bill Gates is rich, Barack Obama is black, etc.

I don't know why you're getting hung up on simple facts man. Marshawn lynch is a thug and that's a pretty obvious fact. You trying to turn this into a racial thing ("aggressive" black person. aggressive? really?) means that you have some difficulty accepting reality.

I wasn't calling him a thug when he spoke horrendous English, showed up in dreds with gold teeth. I called him a thug when he drove his car into people and smoked pot in tinted cars with unregistered guns.

it almost sounds like lynch has been "scarred straight" by the blatant racists of buffalo.

The article certainly paints an ugly picture for the city.

It does sound like he has learned his lesson and has decided to rededicate himself to the game, which is what we all wanted to hear. If he can get back to form we will have a ridiculously good running game

Why does anyone believe anything this turd has to say?

I think its bull ****. The guy can't even have dogs now? I think that article gave Buffalo a bad rap. Yea he has made many mistakes, but we treat him like he has killed many people, and is involved in gangs, and he has not, and is not.

I kinda of feel bad for the guy, it sounds lke everyone has it out for him, he has done nothing but be professional about this.

I talked to Coy Wiresa agent a few years back, and some of these guys have never been tought anyhting but football. They dont know how to handle their finances or the fame.

I feel bad for Lynch too. He's viewed as a punk,or worse,by most around here. He has brought it on himself by some dumb actions,but I think alot of that is just immaturity. He was participating in a free football clinic,here in the town I live,last summer. It was at a park in a tough part of town,and was not given any publicity that I know of. We just happened to be in the same park that day and I watched Lynch interact with people. He had a real good way with people,especially the kids. I didn't talk to him or anything,but just watching him left an impression on me. I think he's a good kid. Hopefully he can get past these youthful mistakes he's made and let more people see what I saw.

Why does anyone believe anything this turd has to say?

turd?!

you realize the DEFINITION OF TURD IS:

turd

n

1. a piece of excrement.

2. a mean, contemptible person.

Please connect that definition of the word turd to Marshawn because to me calling him an a pile of poop is hilarious. A contemptible person is pretty funny too..

This is what YOU really wanna want the word TURD to stand for but your to scared to say it..

TURD

n

1. A stupid, over-privileged football player.

2. A liar

Ohhhhh snap. You know about free online dictionaries.

He's a thug, Ralph Wilson is old, Rachel Maddow is a lesbian, John Madden is fat, Bill Gates is rich, Barack Obama is black, etc.

I don't know why you're getting hung up on simple facts man. Marshawn lynch is a thug and that's a pretty obvious fact. You trying to turn this into a racial thing ("aggressive" black person. aggressive? really?) means that you have some difficulty accepting reality.

I wasn't calling him a thug when he spoke horrendous English, showed up in dreds with gold teeth. I called him a thug when he drove his car into people and smoked pot in tinted cars with unregistered guns.

ok so is matt jones a thug? he got caught with coke by an undercover cop..is ryan leaf a thug he got caught with drugs and a burglary charge...I haven't heard them get called thug...And i'm proud you even know the internet even has a thing called a "free dictionary" because I can tell you never seen it. I have a sense of reality thats why I see what you really want to say but scared to say it...

turd?!

you realize the DEFINITION OF TURD IS:

turd

n

1. a piece of excrement.

2. a mean, contemptible person.

Please connect that definition of the word turd to Marshawn because to me calling him an a pile of poop is hilarious. A contemptible person is pretty funny too..

This is what YOU really wanna want the word TURD to stand for but your to scared to say it..

TURD

n

1. A stupid, over-privileged football player.

2. A liar

And this is the biggest form of flattery i've ever got on TBD, you copy and pasted my words but flipped them for your own usage. I'm pretty flattered about what you did you must be my #1 fan...thanks Stan...

ok so is matt jones a thug? he got caught with coke by an undercover cop..is ryan leaf a thug he got caught with drugs and a burglary charge...I haven't heard them get called thug...And i'm proud you even know the internet even has a thing called a "free dictionary" because I can tell you never seen it. I have a sense of reality thats why I see what you really want to say but scared to say it...

And this is the biggest form of flattery i've ever got on TBD, you copy and pasted my words but flipped them for your own usage. I'm pretty flattered bout what you did you must be my #1 fan...thanks Stan...

Annnd I rest my case.

ok so is matt jones a thug? he got caught with coke by an undercover cop..is ryan leaf a thug he got caught with drugs and a burglary charge...I haven't heard them get called thug...

Those aren't things that make you a thug...just things that make you stupid. Let me break it down a little bit if I may.

"The word thug is a borrowing from the Hindi word thag, literally 'a rogue; cheat; thief'.

The original use of thug in English, with a capital T, referred to a member of a fraternity of professional robbers and murderers in India, who strangled their victims. (Hey, if goldsmiths and tailors can have guilds, why not thieves?) The British vigorously suppressed the Thugs starting in 1831, and the group died out by the end of the nineteenth century. "

So basically for someone to be considered a thug they have to engage in vicious criminal acts or portray themselves as a person who would do so, using intimidation and/or threats if they don't go so far as violence. Does Matt Jones buying cocaine from an undercover officer fit the bill? No. Does Ryan Leaf getting caught with drugs fit the bill? No. Does Marshawn Lynch having unregistered weapons in the trunk of his car and walking up to people in malls or restaurants and taking a $20 bill out of their hand then refusing to give it back to them fit the bill? In some people's mind yes, in other people's mind no. There definitely are some thug elements to what he has done that Leaf and Jones didn't have...

Not all law breakers are thugs, and not all thugs who are putting on an act or a front are law breakers...

1) Lynch likely does not reside in the city of Buffalo

2) Buffalo is turning into a ghetto city with drugs, gangs and abandoned houses expanding at an all too rapid pace. Trust me, I drive and work in the streets all day---straight ghetto. Yeah there are still some nice areas, but the ghetto areas are lurking a mile or two away and quickly closing the distance...It paints an ugly picture of a city that is truly ugly(not all of WNY, just the the city mind you). Virtually anyone that has the means to do so has moved out of the city and into the suburbs, so what is left? Absentee owners living in Cali using property managers to rent to Section 8 tenants because they are guaranteed to get paid, with a third to a half of the houses on a street boarded up and looking like a jungle for most of the summer. Do not underestimate just how ghetto Buffalo has become.

Google Maps/Streets provide a nice glass of cold water to the face.

:censored:

Google Maps/Streets provide a nice glass of cold water to the face.

and a sad dose of reality to a city that was one of the richest per capita in the entire country at the turn of the 20th century...

I think its bull ****. The guy can't even have dogs now? I think that article gave Buffalo a bad rap. Yea he has made many mistakes, but we treat him like he has killed many people, and is involved in gangs, and he has not, and is not.

I kinda of feel bad for the guy, it sounds lke everyone has it out for him, he has done nothing but be professional about this.

I talked to Coy Wiresa agent a few years back, and some of these guys have never been tought anyhting but football. They dont know how to handle their finances or the fame.

I don't feel for him at all. He is a thug and I hope they ship his ass outta here.

And a place I now refer to as "Lil' Detroit".

I wouldn't even go that far...Detroit may be a one of a kind type city in the fact that it is so vast and because of the way it was built around auto plants. It encompasses almost 140 square miles and has almost 50 square miles of abandoned lands and buildings. In comparison, Buffalo in total comprises 40 square miles, so if you were to take the entire city of Buffalo, and then add in another 25% of Buffalo, you would have just the amount of abandoned buildings and land that Detroit has--a truly vast amount of space. Because of this, Detroit is almost impossible to compare to any other city. You could fit the entire land mass of San Francisco and Boston combined inside Detroit and still have a few square miles left over...

Detroit's population was once over 2 million and is now just over 900,000, with many people saying it will bottom out at 700,000. That is a mind boggling amount of people who have moved out of the city. In comparison, Buffalo's peak population was just over 580,000 in 1950---a huge difference in the amount of people leaving...

Will everybody leave the guy alone now???

He is just a West Coast African American football player from Oakland California who happens to have dreadlocks and listens to rap music. He likes to have fun like all 20-something year olds do...

But now, I guess it is your beloved city of Buffalo who is the "thug!" Your cops sure as **** don't seem worthy of anything...just a bunch of pigs on power trips, hating the dreadlocked black millionaire.

Associating with the city of Buffalo and their Police departments is MORE of a "Black Eye" to the Buffalo Bills franchise...than drafting Marshawn Lynch has ever been!

These !@#$s are supposed to protect these players and idolize them...after all, they are the ones who will hopefully someday bring us what we ALL want so badly...and that is a professional sports championship trophy to call our own.

I bet if it was Trent Edwards, Brian Moorman...or even Thomas Vanek or Ryan Miller who's car got hit by a beer can being thrown by a fan....said fan would have been found and arressted.

Best post i read all day.

I know about the police, i know first hand homie they watch black men with money ...once u a target its on for them.

Tell Marshawn wait until they put the heli/cop/ters on you, then you know its deep.

Marshawn should come in with the mindset of he's going to get his job back. I want to see Beast mode again, I miss that.

If the Bills get a running game going they can use all three backs, which I would trust better than Trent throwing the rock..

So if a white running back got caught smoking weed with an unregistered weapon within 6 months after being involved in alleged intoxicated hit-and-run incident, would I be racist if I called him a thug?

i didnt say anything about him being a thug, i think its very selective that hes the only one who isnt allowed to have dogs in his condo though.

I havent been a big proponent of keeping lynch around, but at some point we have to let it go, the whole stealing $20 bucks thing was shakey from what ive read, and from the sounds of it he has been trying to keep a low profile.

I hope the worst is behind him, and he returns to form, thats what would be best for him, and the team.

THE REAL DEFINITION OF THE WORD THUG

thug (thg)

n.

1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

Please connect that definition of the word thug to Marshawn because to me calling him an assassin is hilarious. A ruffain or hoodlum is pretty funny to..

This is what YOU really wanna want the word THUG to stand for but your to scared to say it..

Thug (thg)

n

1. Aggressive black person

2. Has dreads/braids, gold teeth and listens to hip hop music

I know thats what you and every other ignorant TBD poster who even phatom the thought of using that word because they feel safe to use it instead of other words. I know what you really want to say NEXT TIME SAY IT AND LET IT BE KNOWN. Or better yet prove me wrong and tell me whats your definition of a thug?

Im from buffalo I know how people like you act and think I went to school with them you cant fool me just say it or turn you inside voice on. Marshawn is pretty dead on with what he's saying I can see it happening. Even tho he has done some things to damage he image, the stereotyping is somewhat racist.

I love your post but let me tighten you up on thangs,

Marshawn made his bed and now he has to deal with it.

This cops in town want to catch him slipping, that why he been pulled over so many times. The over stereotying is what cops been doing here for a long time . That part is racist I believe.

He true to stay at home, hard to live like that but until they stall him out that's what he gotta do. Like maybe score more than 10 TDS might do the trick lol

Not only is Leaf a thug, but he's got "thug life" tatted across his back, he's a hardcore honkey, for real.

Jones was just stupid, but leaf is str8 thuggin it....FO SHO

gettin in the reporters face back in the day, robbin SD for 20 mil, jackin bitches for scripts etc, Leaf has street cred, i'm not arguing with you on that