J.P signs with Seahawks

He embraced Buffalo a heck of a lot more than some other players we had....even went above and beyond in my opinion. And yes...that counts for something. Too bad the on the field product never materialized. I wish him well. He certainly gave it his best shot here in all phases.

JP moved into the City of Buffalo ... he worked hard to be part of this community becoming one of Western New York's biggest boosters on the national scene. In every interview he gave to out of town media you had a sense that the guy really loved the place most of us call home. Something we complain that other members of our professional teams fail to do.

And yes, he failed on the field. Another in the list of many first round quarterbacks selected by another group of professional scouts from almost every team who make choices that go bad. Oh wait, who does Kiper like in the first round let's get him ... or boy I hope the Bills fail this year so we can pick a quarterback with next year's pick because those first rounders always bring in Super Bowl victories just ask the people in New Engla ... oh never mind.

So, JP didn't work out. He had such offensive minded coaches here who were absolutely dedicated to scoring as many points as possible with an attack offense ... oh wait ... we had Dick didn't we.

But to wish bad things for a guy who tried. For a guy who cared about our community. In fact, to mock what he did here. It's just another sad day realizing how sad it is that there is a significant group of people who thrive so much on their negativity that they just won't take a moment to appreciate someone who tried but just didn't work out.

To me it was great news when JP won with Las Vegas and if he can make it in Seattle that would be a good thing.

But, now is the time to be hopeful that one of the four in camp is the guy. I am a Bills' fan and I want them to win not to lose so I can complain.

GO BILLS and Thanks JP for being a young man willing to care about the community you work in and being williing to volunteer your time to help your neighbors (hey, that's a novel idea. Wonder how many on this board give back to their community at least once a month by volunteering to clean up a neighborhood or help kids with disabilities?)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's is all, carry on.

when you write "That's"...then you don't have to write "is"...because the apostrophe and the "s" is short for "is"...unless you meant to say "That is is all, carry on."...if so, nevermind.

Anyhow... hope JP does well with Seattle and resurrects his career.

He embraced Buffalo a heck of a lot more than some other players we had....even went above and beyond in my opinion. And yes...that counts for something. Too bad the on the field product never materialized. I wish him well. He certainly gave it his best shot here in all phases.
Class

eff JP Losman...I wish he would have suffered a career ender after fumbling against the J-E-T-S.
Classless

Me. And many others. It counts for something.

And it also counts for something that in 2006 he really started to play well, particularly after they opened up the playbook. It was remarkable because the OL at that time was truly bad. He was being protected by Terrence Pennington, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes. Now, that's bad. In the second half of the season, two things happened and Losman played very well. Number one was that they put Peters in at right tackle and he immediately became the best OL on the team. The other was that they opened up the playbook, and that attitude and style fitted JP and he improved greatly.

So naturally, the next year they closed the playbook down. And Losman was never the same again. Bad coaching contributed to his regression. A lot. A real lot.

Why? Why would the SAME OC, who had "opened up the playbook" the second half of '06, DELIBERATELY decide to close it down again? Why? Seriously, this revisionist history is old. The playbook was NOT shut down for JP. It was taken away by defenses that JP had little understanding of how to read and when his first option was gone (Evans) he seldom showed the ability to make proper reads, go through his progressions, and/or make something happen.

Yes, coaching played a part. Yes a terrible supporting cast contributed, especially at the other skill positions. And yes, once Edwards was inserted, the coaches simplified things which is the sensible thing to do when going with a rookie.

But the VAST majority of JP's failures fall at his own feet. He didn't have the ability to make adjustments when defenses took away his bread and butter. I wish I had a nickle for every time he audibled into the WRONG play. It got so bad that Fairchild had to tell him to stop audibling. Something he had free reign to do in '06 (those bombs to Evans against Houston were both audibles). That's not shutting down the playbook, that's protecting a QB who is pressing. And JP pressed a LOT under the pressure of losing his position. Then he promptly choked when it was his job to win again.

Lets just wish him luck and hope that he's learned the game a bit more. That he can let the game come to him a bit.

But lets also stop this idea the Fairchild and Co. deliberately changed an offense that JP began to blossom in the year before. That makes NO sense at all. And it is simply not true.

GO BILLS!!!

:thumbsup:

grow up...I hope you have even harsher thoughts for Jason Peters, who basically played matador on that play allowing the sack

Ole!!

Look, I was just as disgusted with Peters and his selfish ways as anyone. But that play against the Jets was not his fault. Not at all. The Jets showed OLB blitz and Peters' first responsibility was to tighten his gap relative to Dockery and help out with the OLB. In the meantime, Elam had not yet showed blitz and did a good job disgiusing it and by the time the ball was snapped, he had a head start and was also a good 3-5 yards to the OUTSIDE of Peters when he crossed the line. You can only tell that by seeing the endzone replay angle. Peters made a helluvan effort just to get in the vicinity to block Elam.

Sometimes you have to chalk it up to a good play by the other team. The Jests did a GREAT job on that play in terms of design and execution.

GO BILLS!!!

JP moved into the City of Buffalo ... he worked hard to be part of this community becoming one of Western New York's biggest boosters on the national scene. In every interview he gave to out of town media you had a sense that the guy really loved the place most of us call home. Something we complain that other members of our professional teams fail to do.

And yes, he failed on the field. Another in the list of many first round quarterbacks selected by another group of professional scouts from almost every team who make choices that go bad. Oh wait, who does Kiper like in the first round let's get him ... or boy I hope the Bills fail this year so we can pick a quarterback with next year's pick because those first rounders always bring in Super Bowl victories just ask the people in New Engla ... oh never mind.

So, JP didn't work out. He had such offensive minded coaches here who were absolutely dedicated to scoring as many points as possible with an attack offense ... oh wait ... we had Dick didn't we.

But to wish bad things for a guy who tried. For a guy who cared about our community. In fact, to mock what he did here. It's just another sad day realizing how sad it is that there is a significant group of people who thrive so much on their negativity that they just won't take a moment to appreciate someone who tried but just didn't work out.

To me it was great news when JP won with Las Vegas and if he can make it in Seattle that would be a good thing.

But, now is the time to be hopeful that one of the four in camp is the guy. I am a Bills' fan and I want them to win not to lose so I can complain.

GO BILLS and Thanks JP for being a young man willing to care about the community you work in and being williing to volunteer your time to help your neighbors (hey, that's a novel idea. Wonder how many on this board give back to their community at least once a month by volunteering to clean up a neighborhood or help kids with disabilities?)

Well said. If only we could feel the same way about Willis. We don't because he was a jerk. JP deserves our best wishes.

had little understanding of how to read and when his first option was gone he seldom showed the ability to make proper reads, go through his progressions, and/or make something happen.

GO BILLS!!!

That fits the guy who replaced him too, doesn't it?

What a !@#$ up franchise.

Why? Why would the SAME OC, who had "opened up the playbook" the second half of '06, DELIBERATELY decide to close it down again? Why? Seriously, this revisionist history is old. The playbook was NOT shut down for JP. It was taken away by defenses that JP had little understanding of how to read and when his first option was gone (Evans) he seldom showed the ability to make proper reads, go through his progressions, and/or make something happen.

Yes, coaching played a part. Yes a terrible supporting cast contributed, especially at the other skill positions. And yes, once Edwards was inserted, the coaches simplified things which is the sensible thing to do when going with a rookie.

But the VAST majority of JP's failures fall at his own feet. He didn't have the ability to make adjustments when defenses took away his bread and butter. I wish I had a nickle for every time he audibled into the WRONG play. It got so bad that Fairchild had to tell him to stop audibling. Something he had free reign to do in '06 (those bombs to Evans against Houston were both audibles). That's not shutting down the playbook, that's protecting a QB who is pressing. And JP pressed a LOT under the pressure of losing his position. Then he promptly choked when it was his job to win again.

Lets just wish him luck and hope that he's learned the game a bit more. That he can let the game come to him a bit.

But lets also stop this idea the Fairchild and Co. deliberately changed an offense that JP began to blossom in the year before. That makes NO sense at all. And it is simply not true.

GO BILLS!!!

+1

Look, I was just as disgusted with Peters and his selfish ways as anyone. But that play against the Jets was not his fault. Not at all. The Jets showed OLB blitz and Peters' first responsibility was to tighten his gap relative to Dockery and help out with the OLB. In the meantime, Elam had not yet showed blitz and did a good job disgiusing it and by the time the ball was snapped, he had a head start and was also a good 3-5 yards to the OUTSIDE of Peters when he crossed the line. You can only tell that by seeing the endzone replay angle. Peters made a helluvan effort just to get in the vicinity to block Elam.

Sometimes you have to chalk it up to a good play by the other team. The Jests did a GREAT job on that play in terms of design and execution.

GO BILLS!!!

+1. I was at that game and sat in the vicinity of that play.

eff JP Losman...I wish he would have suffered a career ender after fumbling against the J-E-T-S.

O goody, another poster who thinks everyone should get hurt. :sick::devil::thumbsup:

Why do people have to be A-holes?

I wish i knew, but i dont. Considered internet tough guys.

Classless

What do you expect for him, hes been a troll ever since hes been on this board.

Best post I have ever seen on this board. I agree 100%. And btw, JP still has his house in Buffalo. I know for a fact that he was in town last week and flew from Buffalo to Seattle on Sunday. I wish him well in Seattle or wherever else he ends up.

Guest dog14787
Me. And many others. It counts for something.

And it also counts for something that in 2006 he really started to play well, particularly after they opened up the playbook. It was remarkable because the OL at that time was truly bad. He was being protected by Terrence Pennington, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes. Now, that's bad. In the second half of the season, two things happened and Losman played very well. Number one was that they put Peters in at right tackle and he immediately became the best OL on the team. The other was that they opened up the playbook, and that attitude and style fitted JP and he improved greatly.

So naturally, the next year they closed the playbook down. And Losman was never the same again. Bad coaching contributed to his regression. A lot. A real lot.

+1

Exactly what does embracing Buffalo count for? Seriously I hate people who say crap like that. I'm fairly certain Bruce Smith never spent one extra day in Buffalo than he had to and we cheered him all the way to the HOF. Who gives a F if the player likes the city or thinks its a shathole if he can play and win?

How did you feel when willis McGahee crapped on Buffalo with his comments about the night life and women? 99% of bills fans, including me, wanted that scum bag off our team. I'd much rather have a player like JP on the team who "embraced" the city and the people. It's not just about winning to me. Class counts for something. Something this board seriously lacks at times. Like the guy who said eff losman and wished he would have a career ending injury. If you want to hate anybody, someone who wishes for a player to get seriously hurt should be the one. and our own player nonetheless. unfrickinbelievable.

Why? Why would the SAME OC, who had "opened up the playbook" the second half of '06, DELIBERATELY decide to close it down again? Why? Seriously, this revisionist history is old. The playbook was NOT shut down for JP.

You forget that Jauron was the head coach and he did want a very conservative offense and he did want it simplified. Steve Fairchild comes out of the Coryell line of offensive coaches and those principles evaporated over time to an offense that took few chances and played around the line of scrimmage making it easier for the defense and, yes, the defenses gobbled it up and slammed the door. I agree that we didn't have an overly talented offense, but I have to disagree that Jauron's risk-free philosophy was not in play and had no effect on the offense. It did.

I agree with you. He gave it his best shot. I wish him well, he tried with a very difficult front line and got his bell rung too many times. He needed a Kelso helmet.