Whitner done with Twitter

Kevin

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/17/w...e-with-twitter/

Do you really want players get to the point where they don't want to play in Buffalo because of the fans? I know that many of you don't like Whitner but this guy put himself out there on Twitter for YOU the fan.

Don't make Bills fans the dumbest fans in America.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/17/w...e-with-twitter/

Do you really want players get to the point where they don't want to play in Buffalo because of the fans? I know that many of you don't like Whitner but this guy put himself out there on Twitter for YOU the fan.

Don't make Bills fans the dumbest fans in America.

Whitner is an idiot.... Anyone using twitter and not able to handle the negative repercussion is a retard.

WHitner is a retard.

I'm glad he quit twitter. His tweets that ended up being reposted on forums where pathetic, and he needed to shut up

What's funny is if he really threatening us to not resign because we didn't message his gentle ego on twitter.

maybe if he made a few plays once in awhile eh ?

Players, as well as sportswriters, dealing directly with the fans in a public forum is still a relatively new thing, and people on both sides are still getting used to it. It's easy to say "he knew what he was getting into" but I don't think that's true. Yes, surely he knew there are idiots on the Internet, but that's not the same thing as someone personally attacking you for things you think are not only untrue but ignorant or outright lies. That's not an easy thing to deal with or "know" how to respond to it.

IMO, it's going to be a few years before players and sportswriters and fans are going to know how to use these social media so that it's fun and worthwhile and not a pain in the ass.

Whitner is an idiot.... Anyone using twitter and not able to handle the negative repercussion is a retard.

WHitner is a retard.

I'm glad he quit twitter. His tweets that ended up being reposted on forums where pathetic, and he needed to shut up

What's funny is if he really threatening us to not resign because we didn't message his gentle ego on twitter.

maybe if he made a few plays once in awhile eh ?

Does this make Donte a qwitter?

I love how people bash Whitner on this board.

It is not his fault for being drafted number 8 overall, it was a dumb move by our then F.O., yet all the blame falls on him.

He may not be the best player at his position but hes a damn good leader and one of the only guys to show any type of emotion last year(Crying after a heartbreaking loss, takling the Oakland receiver in the endzone for showboating). Not to mention one of the nicest, down to earth football players you will ever meet, and a great community guy, no thug.

Plus do people actually stop and think that this will have a negative effect on free agency, or any player signing with the Bills in teh future. If he goes somewhere else, and a player from his new team is coming for a visit here and Donte is asked about his time here, the first things that will come up, the disrecpect the fans showed him.

People need to stop and think, or atlesast show a little respect. Just my $.50

It is not his fault for being drafted number 8 overall, it was a dumb move by our then F.O., yet all the blame falls on him.

He may not be the best player at his position but hes a damn good leader and one of the only guys to show any type of emotion last year(Crying after a heartbreaking loss, takling the Oakland receiver in the endzone for showboating). Not to mention one of the nicest, down to earth football players you will ever meet, and a great community guy, no thug.

Plus do people actually stop and think that this will have a negative effect on free agency, or any player signing with the Bills in teh future. If he goes somewhere else, and a player from his new team is coming for a visit here and Donte is asked about his time here, the first things that will come up, the disrecpect the fans showed him.

Good post. I don't understand the hate towards Whitner either. People want him to be Troy P or Ed Reed. He isn't. He is a good player. He doesn't have alot of sacks or INT's but he is solid against the run. The guy has played Corner, SS, and FS in his short career. with all the craziness in the Front Office and with Dick Jauron everyone on the team gets a free pass in my opinion.

Thank you for understanding the point I was trying to make. I have never been to Buffalo, and would love to see a home game there, but you already have had a head coach (Mike Shanahan) say that they didn't want to go to Buffalo. FA's that Buffalo bring in decide to sign with other teams over Buffalo, and why is that? The way I see it is that the only way that a player would want to come to Buffalo is because of the fans. The fans that are the best and most passionate fans in the NFL, period. But when stuff like this starts to get out, and I am sure that if it keeps happening, it will get out, then players that Buffalo desperately needs will think twice about signing with the Bills.

I was kind of hoping the NFL would take some sort of "no-Twitter" stand by now...I don't know the legal ramifications of that, but, you can see the train wreck coming from a mile away...good for Whitner!

^^^What he said^^^

I love the hypocracy on here like you said...I guarantee every poser (yes, I intentionally left out the "t" in that word) on here would giggle in excitement if they met him in person and would want an autograph and picture with him.

His biggest flaw was being drafted #8 overall for a team who's fan base was clamoring for Ngata. Thats not his fault, but he is hated on as if he had something to do with it other than have a stellar college career.

More importantly, Whitner has way more value to this team than most bone heads seem to think. Like you said, he is a great leader on this defense and plays with a tremendous amount of passion, something this team sorely has lacked. More importantly, he is a better player than casual fans who just check INT stats seem to think. In fact, he is regarded as a top 10 safety in this league by just about everyone in the league.

His stats, for the peeps who are obsessed with them, suffer because of the glaring holes and terrible scheme we have had on our defense since he has been a part of this team. Is he the best safety in the league, no, but he is pretty good and I look for bigger things from him this year.

So pull the sand out of asses already and get over that the FRONT OFFICE chose him over Ngata and accept he is the leader of our defense and has more to offer this team than what he was forced to do because of the holes and terrible scheme...

His picture on Twitter says Whitness, and I'm left thinking, "Whitness what?" he hasn't done diddly since he got here. I've followed him on twitter and facebook, he's a freaking emo child. Constantly posting stuff like, "Don't you all appreciate me in b'lo?" and "Would you rather I go somewhere else?" I'll make a bet that he'll come back to Twitter in a month cuz he's a classic emo child. That's right. Your starting safety is Dashboard Confessional.

His picture on Twitter says Whitness, and I'm left thinking, "Whitness what?" he hasn't done diddly since he got here. I've followed him on twitter and facebook, he's a freaking emo child. Constantly posting stuff like, "Don't you all appreciate me in b'lo?" and "Would you rather I go somewhere else?" I'll make a bet that he'll come back to Twitter in a month cuz he's a classic emo child. That's right. Your starting safety is Dashboard Confessional.

Sounds like you are alittle emo yourself for getting mad over something so trivial. Who cares what Donte says on Twitter or Facebook.