Is Roscoe a lock to make the team?

Will you please simply look at his stats ... where dies it say this guy has an ounce of success as a WR in the NFL? How about the fact no team in the league is dying to get the guy on their roster. If he was good he would find a way to get open and stay on the field. The stats do not lie the guy is a joke as a WR.

He has never been predominantly a WR. Going into the 2009 season he had the highest punt return average in NFL History-that means ever. If you put him in open field, he is still the most dangerous weapon on the Bills roster.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the Cleveland game last year, huh?

If this coaching staff really wants to get off on the right foot, cutting worthless losers like Parrish should be near the top of the list.

I was waiting for somebody to bring that up. When he didn't fumble last year, he ran five miles east and west, rather than north and south. He also had a lot of spin and juke receptions for a +1 yard gain on the play.

That being said. I would like to see him make the team. He is one fast man! I would like to see him play while being coached better. Hopefully that is here.

He has never been predominantly a WR. Going into the 2009 season he had the highest punt return average in NFL History-that means ever. If you put him in open field, he is still the most dangerous weapon on the Bills roster.

IF.....

He can get back to that form. The biggest danger he represented last year was to the Bills. I'm not slamming Roscoe, everybody has a sub par season in their career. I think we would all pretty much agree that the Bills were a team in nearly total disarray last year. I'm sure that affected the players and Roscoe would be no exception.

Let's see if the new regime can get the team back on track physically and mentally. Hopefully, Roscoe will go back to his record setting ways.

Will you please simply look at his stats ... where dies it say this guy has an ounce of success as a WR in the NFL? How about the fact no team in the league is dying to get the guy on their roster. If he was good he would find a way to get open and stay on the field. The stats do not lie the guy is a joke as a WR.

Ok, so you're arguing he sucks, and I'm arguing he hasn't been utilized properly. His performance as a punt returner suggests there's a good bit of talent there, so I'll just leave it at that. We'll find out soon enough who is right.

Roscoe has had plenty of chances. He is and always will be one dimensional. Spiller has as good or better speed and is far more versatile. No need for Roscoe on the Bills unless he completely turns around his game in camp, IMO.

Ok, so you're arguing he sucks, and I'm arguing he hasn't been utilized properly. His performance as a punt returner suggests there's a good bit of talent there, so I'll just leave it at that. We'll find out soon enough who is right.

Not exactly - he does suck and as a result there is not a "proper utilization" for him as a WR. The guy has had plenty enough time in the league to emerge as a talented WR. Clearly, he has not. I fully anticipate that he will be cut before the end of the preseason.

Good punt returner (Roscoe wasn't even good at that last season btw) does not necessarily equal good WR.

I really don't even know why I try to engage in reasonable debate on this board. The word "reasonable" doesn't exist in too many of your vocabularies. It's all black or white, your way or the highway. Whatever. Cut the bastard.

Good punt returner (Roscoe wasn't even good at that last season btw) does not necessarily equal good WR.

And not good as full time starting WR does not at all necessarily equal not good player. If used properly, he could still be an extremely dangerous player that other teams have to account for and game plan for, taking time away from stopping our starters.

IF.....

He can get back to that form. The biggest danger he represented last year was to the Bills. I'm not slamming Roscoe, everybody has a sub par season in their career. I think we would all pretty much agree that the Bills were a team in nearly total disarray last year. I'm sure that affected the players and Roscoe would be no exception.

Let's see if the new regime can get the team back on track physically and mentally. Hopefully, Roscoe will go back to his record setting ways.

I agree, he had that one amazingly retarded play against Cleveland (no worse than McFumbles against Miami though) and he fell out of favor with the coaching staff. If this coaching staff comes into the season with the same mindset at all positions as it is with the quarterbacks, than I think Roscoe has a good chance for a comeback season.

I agree, he had that one amazingly retarded play against Cleveland (no worse than McFumbles against Miami though) and he fell out of favor with the coaching staff. If this coaching staff comes into the season with the same mindset at all positions as it is with the quarterbacks, than I think Roscoe has a good chance for a comeback season.

I think he certainly has the potential to have a good season. Several good seasons.

I really don't even know why I try to engage in reasonable debate on this board. The word "reasonable" doesn't exist in too many of your vocabularies. It's all black or white, your way or the highway. Whatever. Cut the bastard.

Ignore the pot stirrers, e. There's plenty of reasonable posters here. The pot stirrers just yap the loudest.

I'm totally "on the fence" with Roscoe Parrish. If, as has been said, he gets cut due to younger talent beating him out, so be it! If Chan Gailey can find ways to utilize Roscoe, in his offensive scheme, good, I'm all in to see what's in store! It's all up to little ol Roscoe!! Hope it doesn't snow!!

Im not so sure, Gailey said he wanted a water bug type player, thats exactly what Roscoe is. Hell who knows maybe this staff can actually use the players on this team to their advantage...

Actually, that is what Spiller is. Gailey has already stated he planned on using Spiller on misdirection plays, splitting him out, as a WR, etc..., plus return duties.

That pretty much covers everything Roscoe can do.

IMHO, if Roscoe does make the team, it is as Spillers "back up".

I think he lets way too many punts bounce and roll 20 yards down the field. Not sure if he misjudges a lot of punts or is trying to pad his punt return average, but he was a negative factor in a lot of games last year. He is too small and not powerful enough to break tackles as a WR. As a punt returner, he operates in space that you don't get playing offense or even returning kicks. He's a great punt returner when he actually catches the ball, but his contract and Spiller + McKelvin probably means he doesn't make the team.

I think he lets way too many punts bounce and roll 20 yards down the field. Not sure if he misjudges a lot of punts or is trying to pad his punt return average, but he was a negative factor in a lot of games last year. He is too small and not powerful enough to break tackles as a WR. As a punt returner, he operates in space that you don't get playing offense or even returning kicks. He's a great punt returner when he actually catches the ball, but his contract and Spiller + McKelvin probably means he doesn't make the team.

+1

Ignore the pot stirrers, e. There's plenty of reasonable posters here. The pot stirrers just yap the loudest.

So by "pot stirrers" you mean anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion??

Hmm, got it, thanks for clearing that up! :thumbsup:

I guess we should keep him because of his obvious statlines each year. (Except maybe we should leave him in the press box when playing Cleveland. Oh, we should also remind him the Endzone is north/south not east/west. Oh, we should also tell him to actually AVOID tacklers instead of trying to run around in one big circle)

:thumbsup: