After 5 seconds of video from the first mini camp

It seems to me that Brian Brohm's throwing motion and deep ball are soooo much prettier then T.E. I want someone who is going to throw the ball not push it. This is probably why Trent can't handle throwing a deep pass. But it was only a small clip and he had no pads on so...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

for real???????????????????????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

um which part?

I would say both. 5 seconds of video and no pads.

I do share you enthusiasm and I hope Brohm and develop. Let wait until we see them scrimmage in pads, then play in preseason before we get too excited.

Well the most important part of the observation was the throwing motion. It doesn't matter if your in full pads or throwing from one knee with your shirt off, its obvious that Trent pushes the ball and Brohm throws the ball. that was my point.

Well the most important part of the observation was the throwing motion. It doesn't matter if your in full pads or throwing from one knee with your shirt off, its obvious that Trent pushes the ball and Brohm throws the ball. that was my point.

The 6" distance between the QBs ears is more important than throwing motion, IMO. I seem to recall quite a few first round busts who could throw beautiful 60-yrds spirals from their knees when wearing shorts...

It seems to me that Brian Brohm's throwing motion and deep ball are soooo much prettier then T.E. I want someone who is going to throw the ball not push it. This is probably why Trent can't handle throwing a deep pass. But it was only a small clip and he had no pads on so...

Link to video?

My sense is that folks make a judgment about the quality of the opinion offered based on the little amount of evidence (5 seconds of tape) and the galactic declaration (Brohm is the obvious choice over Edwards) and that is what evokes laughter.

The main point probably made by your argument is that the conclusion you have drawn about Edwards that he is done almost certainly deserves a second look if the conclusion that he "pushes" the ball because that is the quality of player he is if it is based on the same type of limited evidence/galactic conclusion thinking you offer, the conclusion that Edwards is done is probably incorrect.

My sense is that one of the reasons folks are enthused about Gailey is that he has a proven track record of getting good productivity out of failed or limited QBs, As enthused as folks are about what Gailey may be able to do for Brohm (or even Fitzy) this same line of thinking could well mean that he is going to also squeeze new productivity out of Edwards.

For me its an open 3 way competition this year and I really could not care less which QB wins it as long as one of them shows significantly more production under Gailey than they did under previous Bills regimes.

The 6" distance between the QBs ears is more important than throwing motion, IMO. I seem to recall quite a few first round busts who could throw beautiful 60-yrds spirals from their knees when wearing shorts...

And edwards has neither the brains nor the throwing motion. The sooner he is off this roster the better

First of all 5 secs was a guess. The video can be found on BB.com. Secondly I was not insinuating that TE was done, unlike a large amount of other posters here. What I was stating, and maybe too simply, was that BB's ball looks so much more effortless to throw. Its the kind of throwing motion that scouts seem to be looking for (opposite of Tim Tebows throwing motion and comparable to mannings) I also agree that the brain of a QB is what will ultimately decide his effectiveness. In so stating however, physical tools are what gets the job done, and from what i saw BB's tools seem to eclipse TEs.

First of all 5 secs was a guess. The video can be found on BB.com. Secondly I was not insinuating that TE was done, unlike a large amount of other posters here. What I was stating, and maybe too simply, was that BB's ball looks so much more effortless to throw. Its the kind of throwing motion that scouts seem to be looking for (opposite of Tim Tebows throwing motion and comparable to mannings) I also agree that the brain of a QB is what will ultimately decide his effectiveness. In so stating however, physical tools are what gets the job done, and from what i saw BB's tools seem to eclipse TEs.

If you're going to start a thread about something you saw you need to link it. :thumbsup: Just etiquette dude.

Anyway here it is; http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...a8-f6af006e827a

You're welcome.

just sayin...there were also two picks thrown in that video that seemed to be on Brohm more than on the receivers but it is hard to judge anything in that context

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards probably has one of the fastest, if not the fastest delivery in the NFL. His hand speed has been clocked at 83 MPH, TE's read/react time out gunned the fastest known Gunslinger in the World. So folks can say what they want, but the reality of it is our glove wearing Mary probably does some things better then any other QB in the NFL. (besides getting injured)

just sayin...there were also two picks thrown in that video that seemed to be on Brohm more than on the receivers but it is hard to judge anything in that context

Brohm had 2 nice passes to mckelvin and 1 to corner, ooops... TE is a fantastic training camp qb. I remember him standing out over jp et al even as a rook in the practice highlights... Too bad it falls off a cliff once hits start coming...

No or few passes from bad bad levi brown in the clips.

Guest dog14787
Care to elaborate- i've yet to hear the punchline to this one...

Scientifically proven fact,

NFL QB (TE) vs. fastest known Gunslinger in the world

yeah Brohm throws a nice deep ball - check out his college clips (in a pro set). best clip from camp thus far imo is where he takes snap stares down center of the field and then throws a strike to a darting cj spiller down left sideline...hoping that's what's to come

After 5 seconds of video from the first mini camp...

Trent Edwards probably has one of the fastest, if not the fastest delivery in the NFL. His hand speed has been clocked at 83 MPH, TE's read/react time out gunned the fastest known Gunslinger in the World. So folks can say what they want, but the reality of it is our glove wearing Mary probably does some things better then any other QB in the NFL. (besides getting injured)

Is there any doubt that some of the best comedy on the interwebs can be found right here on TSW? If so, this thread puts an end to it.

Funny stuff guys, keep it up.

TE's read/react time out gunned the fastest known Gunslinger in the World.

Of course it should be fast! How long does it take to look ahead 2 yards and throw the ball to a running back?

Guest dog14787
Of course it should be fast! How long does it take to look ahead 2 yards and throw the ball to a running back?

When CJ Spiller wants the ball you give it to him in a hurry :thumbsup:

And edwards has neither the brains nor the throwing motion. The sooner he is off this roster the better

The guy went to Stanford.... the lack of brains comment is ridiculous. In fact really stupid on your part. Have an opinion on him as a player and his physical ability but don't call him stupid. Oklahoma comes up a little short in regards to comparing it to Stanford as an academic institution. Seriously, think before you write. Don't they teach that in Norman, OK. ?

That was a nice long ball Brohm threw to Huggins in stride down the right side line towards the end of the video. Looks like he's got some good down field accuracy. Levi Brown also seems to read the field well, and that was a nice pass to Klopfenstein over the middle in the afternoon. Not reading too much into this, as it is only rookie minicamp, but perhaps Brohm has what it takes to really make this QB competition a competitive one. Only training camp and preseason will tell. I, personally, can't wait.

The guy went to Stanford.... the lack of brains comment is ridiculous. In fact really stupid on your part. Have an opinion on him as a player and his physical ability but don't call him stupid. Oklahoma comes up a little short in regards to comparing it to Stanford as an academic institution. Seriously, think before you write. Don't they teach that in Norman, OK. ?

LOL...the Stanford argument again...I played college ball, and in the Pac 10...I can personally assure you that some of the people on the Stanford football program are about as smart as my dog Kobe. That is true for any football program though. The point is, Trent was brought in on a football scholarship and did not have to meet the same academic requirements it would take for Joe Nobody off the street to get accepted into Stanford...The fact he played for Stanford equates to nothing when you are a top recruit.

Does it mean Trent is dumb...of course not...but it also doesnt mean his intelligence is automatically higher than everyone else just because he was highly recruited for FOOTBALL. However, his personal IQ is not what matters, its his FOOTBALL IQ which has consistently shown to be poor as he is a very poor decision maker and is has terrible field vision.

So, let go of the Stanford connection...it means nothing in the NFL.

LOL...the Stanford argument again...I played college ball, and in the Pac 10...I can personally assure you that some of the people on the Stanford football program are about as smart as my dog Kobe. That is true for any football program though. The point is, Trent was brought in on a football scholarship and did not have to meet the same academic requirements it would take for Joe Nobody off the street to get accepted into Stanford...The fact he played for Stanford equates to nothing when you are a top recruit.

Does it mean Trent is dumb...of course not...but it also doesnt mean his intelligence is automatically higher than everyone else just because he was highly recruited for FOOTBALL. However, his personal IQ is not what matters, its his FOOTBALL IQ which has consistently shown to be poor as he is a very poor decision maker and is has terrible field vision.

So, let go of the Stanford connection...it means nothing in the NFL.

As someone who taught at Stanford -- including Stanford football players -- let's just say that I strongly disagree with your assessment, both with regard to admissions generally and with regard to Trent's admittance specifically. I don't recall if Trent was his high school's valedictorian, but he did graduate with a 3.9 gpa and scored an 1130 on his SATs.

That said, I do share your reservations about Trent as the starting QB for the Bills.

:beer:0:)

Care to elaborate- i've yet to hear the punchline to this one...

Is there any doubt that some of the best comedy on the interwebs can be found right here on TSW? If so, this thread puts an end to it.

Funny stuff guys, keep it up.

Scientifically proven fact,

NFL QB (TE) vs. fastest known Gunslinger in the world

Maybe Dan and Heels should've watched the video before commenting, whatcha think Dog?

As someone who taught at Stanford -- including Stanford football players -- let's just say that I strongly disagree with your assessment, both with regard to admissions generally and with regard to Trent's admittance specifically. I don't recall if Trent was his high school's valedictorian, but he did graduate with a 3.9 gpa and scored an 1130 on his SATs.

That said, I do share your reservations about Trent as the starting QB for the Bills.

While no one here is debating Trent's off the field intelligence (at least I don't think so...), you can't tell me as a Stanford professor, that every player on that Stanford roster would merit admission to that school based solely on their academic achievements. If this was true, then guys like Marshawn Lynch would never step foot onto a campus such as Cal Berkley. Notre Dame is the only campus that I am familiar with that players avoid, due to the school's academic expectations...

While no one here is debating Trent's off the field intelligence (at least I don't think so...), you can't tell me as a Stanford professor, that every player on that Stanford roster would merit admission to that school based solely on their academic achievements. If this was true, then guys like Marshawn Lynch would never step foot onto a campus such as Cal Berkley. Notre Dame is the only campus that I am familiar with that players avoid, due to the school's academic expectations...

See once again the discussing is migrating to the poles.

Stanford and Notre Dame have very high academic requirements.

But no one is saying that they don't lower their standards a bit for the sake of athletics.

But even if they lower their standards for some athletes, both schools are reputed to be very strict in terms of compromising those standards.

That's why coaches there talk about the competitive disadvantage.

My friend/neighbor Gerald was a running back at Stanford when Trent was there.

Gerald is one sharp dude.

Fair point JayBaller10. I agree that the admission's standards for Stanford football recruits are lower than those for the general population. But to put it in perspective, in the early part of the decade (2003?), I was chatting with some Stanford faculty who noted that the average test scores of the incoming class of football recruits was higher than the average test scores of an incoming Ivy league student (non-athlete).

You are absolute right that ND does not bend it's academic requirements for football players to the same degree as comparable institutions. Cal football academics has actually gotten better under coach Tedford. Moreoever, as I understand it, Marshawn was known to take academics seriously in college. Who knew?

That said, this is really all a red herring, unless Trent can prove to better substantially more durable and aggressive in 2010, I am looking forward to watching Locker, Luck or Mallett behind center in 2011.

Fair point JayBaller10. I agree that the admission's standards for Stanford football recruits are lower than those for the general population. But to put it in perspective, in the early part of the decade (2003?), I was chatting with some Stanford faculty who noted that the average test scores of the incoming class of football recruits was higher than the average test scores of an incoming Ivy league student (non-athlete).

You are absolute right that ND does not bend it's academic requirements for football players to the same degree as comparable institutions. Cal football academics has actually gotten better under coach Tedford. Moreoever, as I understand it, Marshawn was known to take academics seriously in college. Who knew?

That said, this is really all a red herring, unless Trent can prove to better substantially more durable and aggressive in 2010, I am looking forward to watching Locker, Luck or Mallett behind center in 2011.

True, true... Or how about we get lucky for a change and the football Gods decide to smile once again upon this once proud franchise. What if we have a diamond in the rough, a rose that grew from concrete, a Phoenix that has risen from the ashes, in the name of Brian Brohm..? Yes, it would take somewhat of a miracle for Brohm to become an even better QB for the Bills, than the one who led the Louisville Cardinals, but these Bills are overdue..