Nelson will have a pro bowl season!

I think that Gailey is siting back and looking at his weapons with a big smile! With Spiller and Jackson as a one two punch the team has unlimitted possiblities. T.O. was OK last year but I think our offense was predictable because once Lynch came back there was no screen option unless Fred was in the backfield! Face it Lynch is not a good receiver and that is his biggest weakness. With two backs that can catch I think the tight end routes will be open all day! Much like it was at the beginning of last year before Lynch came back and had to get his touches. I think this will free up Nelson who is a great talent. I say 60 catches 10 TD's!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Gailey is siting back and looking at his weapons with a big smile! With Spiller and Jackson as a one two punch the team has unlimitted possiblities. T.O. was OK last year but I think our offense was predictable because once Lynch came back there was no screen option unless Fred was in the backfield! Face it Lynch is not a good receiver and that is his biggest weakness. With two backs that can catch I think the tight end routes will be open all day! Much like it was at the beginning of last year before Lynch came back and had to get his touches. I think this will free up Nelson who is a great talent. I say 60 catches 10 TD's!!!

I'll take 40 and 5!!!!!! Agree the guy is a talent and we need to focus on getting Nelson th eball with his speed/size ratio. Was very underutilized last year.

Sounds good but what QB is going to be getting Nelson the ball?

Nelson will become more of a threat if he can halfway block the man assigned to him. Then he will be able to chip a guy and get out into the open areas of the defense. He was a willing, but inferior blocker last year from the TE position so the defense knew that he was on the field for pass plays. If he can develope some in this area I believe it will allow him to catch the defense off guard more getting into a route because the defense won't know what to expect.

Ok...so the last sentence is actually about Nelson. I think your assertions about why our offense was supposedly so predictable are WAY off. Sounds like you are trying to boil everything down to Lynch's return and swing passes. Our offense was so predictable partially because of things like not working the middle of the field around the hash marks and not being able to throw the ball deep. Everyone keeps hating on Lynch because of his off field stuff. On the field the guy is a good RB and better than Fred Jackson in the most important category...TDs. Lynch kills Freddie in this department. For as happy as some were with Jackson starting last year he amassed a whopping total of TWO tds. THAT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. Lynch had 3 with half the carries and being suspended for the first 3 games. The previous year Lynch as the starter had 7 which left ample room for improvement but his TD production far outweighs Jackson's.

So, Nelson is going to displace Gates, Clark or Miller as one of the best TE's in the AFC?

No receiver on the Bills had 60 cathces last year.

I'll have what you are having.

Just say no to crack.

Didn't Nelson have major issues with migraine headaches last year? That could be a tough thing to deal with. I just don't know how much he can be relied upon.

Terrell Davis had issues w/ migraines too, meds helped, if not negated the issue

I agree the kid has mad skills!