For everyone bitching about our draft, if we took

in the third round, would you be happy? I know the "experts" like Mel Kiper would be raving about what a good job we did but in my opinion we would be in worse shape than we are now. I'm amazed at how many people are complaining about what a bad draft we had just because we passed up on a few of the mock draft darlings. Nix got us a bunch of hard workers who have the potential to make an immediate impact, not 3 "projects" who may or may not produce in the NFL. I know there are no guarantees but I feel very good about the players we just added to this roster.

CJ Spiller will have an immediate impact on how teams have to defend us which will hopefully improve the entire offensive production. I am excited to see what our defense looks like thise year and think we added a couple of guys who will produce from day one. I am much happier to have a draft class that will make an impact on the field as opposed to one that gets us a few headlines after the draft and then fails to produce in the long run. Time will tell but I like what I see so far.

in the third round, would you be happy? I know the "experts" like Mel Kiper would be raving about what a good job we did but in my opinion we would be in worse shape than we are now. I'm amazed at how many people are complaining about what a bad draft we had just because we passed up on a few of the mock draft darlings. Nix got us a bunch of hard workers who have the potential to make an immediate impact, not 3 "projects" who may or may not produce in the NFL. I know there are no guarantees but I feel very good about the players we just added to this roster.

CJ Spiller will have an immediate impact on how teams have to defend us which will hopefully improve the entire offensive production. I am excited to see what our defense looks like thise year and think we added a couple of guys who will produce from day one. I am much happier to have a draft class that will make an impact on the field as opposed to one that gets us a few headlines after the draft and then fails to produce in the long run. Time will tell but I like what I see so far.

I can see selecting Spiller in the 1st b/c this team is devoid of playmakers, but if Clausen becomes the QB that I think he'll be, passing on him for a DT will set this team back - even if Troup does become a good ---> great NT. I know it would've been hard to ignore the trenches in the 2nd, but we had a potential franchise QB staring us in the face. Troup may or may not have made it to the 3rd round, but Cam Thomas may do an equally effective job at the nose and lasted until the 5th I believe.. If I had it to do all over again, it would be Spiller, Clausen, Carrington, Cam Thomas, Wang, et al. We wouldn't get Easley, but I'd make the trade: Clausen for Troup and Easley for Cam Thomas.

it's in the past... and once it's all said and done, and the season rolls in... then we will know the impact the draft had...

personally, i like to wait 2-3 years before I judge a drafted player... it's a massive jump from college to the pro's and some guys just need a little time.

but i fullheartedly believe Spiller will be a monster. line Fjax on one side of edwards, and Spilelr on the other... let the D decide whats gonna happen... I can see it now hahaha

Most of the guys we took seemed strong, fast or both and good at what they do. I really like the idea of a gritty blue collar football team with lots of solid role players.

would be interesting to do a Kiper check to see how his predictions looked 2-3 years removed. Guessing it looks similar to a monkey throwng darts.

Just guessing here but I think that the Front office went early with guys that demanded attention of two players on the other side of the ball:

If they live up to potential

- You have to keep at least 1 eye, probably two on Spiller

- You have to double team Troupe

Or at least, that may be the theory. If true, then that creates more opportunities for the other players to make big plays.

+1

I am really looking forward to this season. I have not been able to say that for quite a while.

but if Clausen becomes the QB that I think he'll be,

But I think every team had questions about him otherwise he wouldn't have lasted until late second round. If even one team thought he was a slam dunk pick to be a star, he wouldn't have gotten out of the first round

But I think every team had questions about him otherwise he wouldn't have lasted until late second round. If even one team thought he was a slam dunk pick to be a star, he wouldn't have gotten out of the first round

That is true. We'll eventually find out if the perceived attitude issues were correct. For my own selfish reasons, I now have to hope that Clausen never becomes anything more than an average QB. In light of this decade drought, this franchise has literally been handed gift after gift of great players, but has ALWAYS made the wrong draft selections. For their sake and mine as a Bills fan, I hope they got it correct this time...

To give a benefit of doubt to the various media outlets...

The Bills going into the draft were deficient in OL and QB and we did not draft those positions until the 5th round. The so called Draft Gurus are going to give you not more than a C for ignoring your needs.

However, what these folks forget is that we also lacked players on the DL due to having undersized linemen and that our DEFENSE was #31 AGAINST the RUN. The Bills addressed this by the 2nd and 3rd round picks and FA.

If a sensible draft expert looked at all the needs, then they are likely to give us a B as we made decent inroads into filling the position..

What bothers me is that everyone expects Claussen or McCoy to be better than Edwards, or Fitzpatrick or Brohm. That seems to be silly as the former two are yet to play a down in the NFL.

No one will ever be happy. Human beings in general B word and moan about everything. Bills fans are no different. There's no winning.

As for the draft, you can't grade drafts for at least three years. I don't know why they do it right after the draft. Drafting is like gambling. It's a game of chance. You win some you lose some. Drafting is not a science. There have been "can't miss prospects" who have busted. Conversely, there have been UDFAs who were passed over 255 times and became stars in this league.

If we held the first ten picks in a draft and selected the top ten players, at least ten people on here would complain about at least one of the players we picked and be disappointed about the draft.

Keep Drinking the Kool Aid. Ok Let's break it down. Clausen right now, is a better QB than Edwards, Fitz, Brohm and Levi Brown. You could have taken him in the second. Bruce Campbell was one of the top performers at the combine. He finished near the top of every category. check NFL.com for the results. Not saying that that is a main determining factor, but The kid is one hell of a lineman. At the spot when he got picked, that was a huge value. We could have traded up to get him and not lose out on much at all. He went in the fourth round ( We could have taken him in the third and had huge value) Alex Carrington is a project at DE. Why get a guy that will be your second string DE instead of getting your starting LT. Makes no sense. We took a chance on Marcus Easley. He did not play much in college. There is not much tape on him. I do like the calloway pick, but he looks to be a guard going forward. Spiller will be good for us, but I feel bad for the guy. He will not be running behind a good line and stuck in a three RB system. I just don't think The Bills logically fill positions of need. They can spin it any way they want. There is a reason why they are in the basement. Not filling positions of need with good players. bottom line. They Think D-Bell is the answer. Not one other team in the league would go that rout. Last year we get Maybin. What a crap pick that was, and he holds out the whole summer because the guy before him does not sign his contract. Terrible management. plain and simple.

it's in the past... and once it's all said and done, and the season rolls in... then we will know the impact the draft had...

personally, i like to wait 2-3 years before I judge a drafted player... it's a massive jump from college to the pro's and some guys just need a little time.

but i fullheartedly believe Spiller will be a monster. line Fjax on one side of edwards, and Spilelr on the other... let the D decide whats gonna happen... I can see it now hahaha

OK two three years ago, did we have a good draft? Nope McKelvin, James Hardy, Chris Ellis. That was the first three players. McKelvin is OK, but Hardy and Ellis have done nothing. The year before that. Lynch, Poz and Trent. Nuff said.

OK two three years ago, did we have a good draft? Nope McKelvin, James Hardy, Chris Ellis. That was the first three players. McKelvin is OK, but Hardy and Ellis have done nothing. The year before that. Lynch, Poz and Trent. Nuff said.

Different management and coaches...

dont think this plays into things?

I can see selecting Spiller in the 1st b/c this team is devoid of playmakers, but if Clausen becomes the QB that I think he'll be, passing on him for a DT will set this team back - even if Troup does become a good ---> great NT. I know it would've been hard to ignore the trenches in the 2nd, but we had a potential franchise QB staring us in the face. Troup may or may not have made it to the 3rd round, but Cam Thomas may do an equally effective job at the nose and lasted until the 5th I believe.. If I had it to do all over again, it would be Spiller, Clausen, Carrington, Cam Thomas, Wang, et al. We wouldn't get Easley, but I'd make the trade: Clausen for Troup and Easley for Cam Thomas.

Clausen isn't as good as Edwards, Fitz and Brohm. He has bust written all over him.

I agree with you dude...i'm tired of people bitching. They don't see the big picture. Jimmy Clausen might have been the second best quarterback but this is a bad year for quarterbacks. Mount Cody will be a space eater, but look at him, he obviously hasn't had the will to hit the gym. Bruce Campbell is intriguing but raw. The Bills got hard working guys that will give the team everything they have. If you get enough of those guys around with talent, it will lead to great things eventually.

For someone with the handle of Bring Back Kelly I truly wonder what your judgement is on Brohm. For half of his career Kelly had awful stats and could have been benched to put in Reich or whichever 3rd stringer we had.

IF our front office was full of complete fools than every other team in the NFL twice and in some cases 3 times over were just as much fools. Clausen fell for a reason, but again, its just a draft which means nothing. In 5 years, please repost your thoughts on Clausen and how bad we messed up. Also, in that post, put how all of the guys you wanted us to draft our doing. I mean, people like you are the expert...

This is a way it COULD turn out:

- The reports on Clausen are true and he really has reached his max potential do to being superbly coached in College. THe bills invest big money in a QB prospect that other teams passed on and Buffalo is cast into another 4 year rebiulding project only to not have a QB

- Terrance Cody after receiving his nice big fat rookie contract ends up putting on all kinds of weight with no motivation to do otherwise and ends up keeping the buffalo wing establishments in the green for the next 4 years. Eventially he is cut or replaced because he is too big to be able to push the pocket

- Bruce Campbell ends up being just what he was projected to be.....a workout warrior that turns into a kitty on game day and we have to cut him

Keep Drinking the Kool Aid. Ok Let's break it down. Clausen right now, is a better QB than Edwards, Fitz, Brohm and Levi Brown. You could have taken him in the second. Bruce Campbell was one of the top performers at the combine. He finished near the top of every category. check NFL.com for the results. Not saying that that is a main determining factor, but The kid is one hell of a lineman. At the spot when he got picked, that was a huge value. We could have traded up to get him and not lose out on much at all. He went in the fourth round ( We could have taken him in the third and had huge value) Alex Carrington is a project at DE. Why get a guy that will be your second string DE instead of getting your starting LT. Makes no sense. We took a chance on Marcus Easley. He did not play much in college. There is not much tape on him. I do like the calloway pick, but he looks to be a guard going forward. Spiller will be good for us, but I feel bad for the guy. He will not be running behind a good line and stuck in a three RB system. I just don't think The Bills logically fill positions of need. They can spin it any way they want. There is a reason why they are in the basement. Not filling positions of need with good players. bottom line. They Think D-Bell is the answer. Not one other team in the league would go that rout. Last year we get Maybin. What a crap pick that was, and he holds out the whole summer because the guy before him does not sign his contract. Terrible management. plain and simple.

Got to disagree about Campbell. He is not ready to start at LT in the NFL. His 'measurables' at the combine were exceptional but his blocking skills are marginal and his techincal is bad. Someday he might be a good NFL tackle but at the moment he is a project pick.

On the NFL network this morning, Lombardi and Casserly were discussing which of the 4 top QB's would see action this season. Their opinion was only Bradford was prepared to assume the starting QB position.

That all said I would have prefered the Bills selected Charles Brown in the 2nd to address the OT situation. He went to the Saints with their pick late in round 2.