Weaknesses

Okay so on offense...you're looking at OLine...here's what I think it will look like, and everyone will disagree, but here goes.... Levitre LT, Wood LG, Hangartner C, Calloway RG, Meredith RT....just what I think until Wang is ready to step in then, we move out Hangartner and Wood to C and then Levitre back inside...

Then for WR's I think we are good...

Nelson will be an impact TE this year...

Backfield is the Best in football with Spiller in the mix...

QB I like Trent Edwards to start and Levi for the future possibility IF Edwards doesn't work out...

Defense I think we're weak on the edges but VERY strong on the DLine, Middle LB's, and Secondary...and on the edges you got the Maybin deal going on, and Shobel or not...Kelsay supposedly...and those rooks...allllllll question marks as far as I'm concerned, but I think they will at least be mediocre and with the blitz packages I think they will do alright...I believe we have an above average defense...

Our Special Teams will be very good as well...

I say 11-5 this season

Okay so on offense...you're looking at OLine...here's what I think it will look like, and everyone will disagree, but here goes.... Levitre LT, Wood LG, Hangartner C, Calloway RG, Meredith RT....just what I think until Wang is ready to step in then, we move out Hangartner and Wood to C and then Levitre back inside...

QB I like Trent Edwards to start and Levi for the future possibility IF Edwards doesn't work out...

Defense I think we're weak on the edges but VERY strong on the DLine, Middle LB's, and Secondary...and on the edges you got the Maybin deal going on, and Shobel or not...Kelsay supposedly...and those rooks...allllllll question marks as far as I'm concerned, but I think they will at least be mediocre and with the blitz packages I think they will do alright...I believe we have an above average defense...

I say 11-5 this season

VERY optimistic you are my friend. Our OL is still a weakness until these guys we have develope or we get players that are already developed. I think the QB position is still a weakness currently. Who knows what Levi may turn out to be in the long run. Looks like we are sticking with Edwards, Brohm, and Fitz pretty much this year. I hope Edwards or Brohm can get it done because I saw all I needed to see last season from Fitz. If Edwards could return to his "pre-Adrian" form I would be content with him as our QB. Ever since the hit he's been scared, erratic, and more worried about what's going on in front of him instead of looking downfield. Spiller will bring some electricity back to the offense and it should help to open things up for the pass with him as an instant homerun threat. Play action should be more effective with him on the field. If we can get some production out of our younger WR's like Hardy, Johnson, Easley, and maybe Parrish in the slot then maybe Evans can finally get a chance to break out again.

With our defense I think we really have some good players, but too we have to remember that they are learning a new defensive scheme. In this new defense these guys have new responsibilities and roles. Now they have different things expected of them versus what they've known for pretty much their whole playing career. I think Davis will help Puz with the transition to ILB versus the MLB spot. I think we all know how they are going to use Maybin, but whether he can produce or not remains to be seen. I don't really know what Mitchell's role will be though. I think he would fit as an ILB better than an OLB in the new system because he has the strength to fight off blockers, but doesn't seem like he has the quickness to get the edge on OT's. I think that Schobel is going to retire, especially in light of how many OLB's we drafted. Kelsay should be gone because there is no way he fits into the 3-4 @ OLB. The guy is a 4-3 LE in the NFL. I do like Dwan Edwards, Stroud, Carrington, Troup, and Kyle Williams on our DL though. I think our secondary is good having solid depth at both CB positions and both S positions. You have to expect some growing pains though with the young guys that will be inserted into the line-up and with the veterans on our squad learning to play new positions with different expectations of them, besides the general getting to the QB, getting to the ball carrier, and making a tackle.

In all, I wouldn't be surprised for us to go 6-10 again or 5-11. If the OL and QB play comes together we could be 8-8 with the growing pains for the players on defense. If everything comes together quickly then maybe 10-6 or 11-5. We have a tough schedule this season though. Our whole division is tough and it could mean 6 L's in the AFC East again. Then our games outside of the division are Jags, Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Browns, and the Chiefs. I hope for the best, but I don't expect us to start making a little noise until 2011. If there turns out to be a 2011 football season that is.

I say 11-5 this season

I agree with your assessment on the defense. The OLB's are a question mark this season, but I think we're solid everywhere else. I can see the Bills D ending the 2010 season as a Top 15 defense, maybe better depending how well they pick the new 3-4 defense, if Schobel comes back and if Maybin can blossom into a good OLB.

Bell LT, Wood LG, Hangartner C, Levitre RG, Cornell Green RT

I say 11-5 this season

I say 11-5 this season

Biggest needs for this year:

LT, WR, RT

For future:

QB, QB, QB

Still have two huge hole Qb and Left tackle .

Good news is they should be able to fill at least one next season

The qb thing is always tricky

but we are on our way up not down

I am hoping for a competative 8-8 or 9-7 . That way next offseason players will look at Buffalo at a up and coming destination which would help attrack some players, if that is how Buddy choses to proceed .

Still have two huge hole Qb and Left tackle .

Good news is they should be able to fill at least one next season

The qb thing is always tricky

but we are on our way up not down

I am hoping for a competative 8-8 or 9-7 . That way next offseason players will look at Buffalo at a up and coming destination which would help attrack some players, if that is how Buddy choses to proceed .

I think we will be a better team this year. but not necessarily have a better record. I'm thinking 6-10 or 7-9. We don't have a passing game!

Gotta be QB, pass protection (I deliberately declined to specify OL position because it ain't all about the LT like so many around here seem to suggest), and defensive front seven. In that order.

GO BILLS!!!

Starting Left Tackle has not been addressed. This is still the biggest weakness on the team.

Absolutely agree but RT is also a question. Whether the Bills improve or not this year will depend entirely upon the o-line coming together.

I say 11-5 this season

I think you wasted quite a bit of time dreaming this stuff up.

On Offense, The biggest unknown is the combination of the OL on opening day and the starting QB.

On Defense, there is a major log jam at the LB position due to us moving our under-sized DEs to OLBs. Maybin, Ellis, Schoebel, Kelsay, Keith Ellison, Mitchell...Who is going to make it to the 53 man roster from all this talent. I wished the Bills had shopped Kelsay and Ellison for 6th and 7th Round picks.

May be they still get that trade for Gaither done with the Ravens (for a 2nd rounder next year).

I don't see a weakness at RT...with Meredith or Cornell Green...we have a good starting RT...Cornell Green gave up only one sack last season at RT for the Raiders...and Meredith didn't give up any...the raiders and the bills were able to run the ball effectively as well...so...I don't see a weakness at RT...

LT of course is a weakness...but if we bump Levitre out there...and Calloway can play inside like everyone says he can...I don't think that would be a huge liability...I don't think we'd have a "strong" offensive line like that...but it wouldn't be the liability it was last season...

QB I don't think is as weak as people think...

I thin we have 3 glaring weaknesses:

• Lack of depth and experience at the NT position
  • A true blocking TE that can help the run game
  • Leadership at the QB position

Other than Troup, who is going to be a rookie NT, who else on this roster is a true NT? As much as I love Kyle Williams, I see him potentially playing the 5 technique as a DE and the nose on passing situations, but I don't see him being a true NT on 1st and 2nd downs.

Offensive line is going to be interesting to see how well they develop, and I think we have guys with an awful lot of upside that could surprise a lot of people at the tackle positions. They would ideally get some help from the TEs and unless Schouman, Fine, or Nelson develop into willing, pissed off blockers, I don't currently see a blocking TE on the team.

And obviously, QB is going to be interesting this year. Our offense last year was plagued by the fact that we fired our OC and cut our starting LT a week before the season opener. I still think TE can be salvaged and we have a couple of unknown quantities in Brohm and Brown.

offensive line, qb, and the new and untried 3/4. The coach must see something in Edwards, and thinks Spiller will take a lot of pressure off him. The OFFENSIVE LINE needs work and I'm not seeing much getting done with it. We didn't run badly last year with the offensive line, and maybe we are going to a run first, run most of the time, pass when you gotta offense for this year. That isn't necessarily a bad strategy, but I'd have been more comfortable had we addressed the o-line i both free agency and the draft. I'm giving the coach the benefit of the doubt on his confidence in Edwards or Brohm or Fitz. There is still some opportunity to shore up the offensive line before the start of the season. Perhaps Faneca or Flozell

LT continues to be the biggest question mark on the team. It's a sobering thought that Bell might be penciled in, after the inconsistent start he had last season before blowing out his knee.

I don't consider QB to be a "huge" hole because I do believe Gailey will get adequate production out of one of these guys. I also expect Gailey to scheme the offense to limit the exposure of a "weak" LT.

LB is a question mark -- we're looking at converting several guys to new positions, and others are coming off injury.

WR is a question mark -- only one proven guy (Evans) and even he is not capable of carrying a team. What becomes of James Hardy this year? Does Stevie Johnson become a starter? Easley has big upside but also has lots to learn. Still waiting for Parrish to be an impact player at anything other than ST.

I'm pretty content with the DL now. Looks like a nice NT rotation of Troupe and Williams, and a number of options at DE as well.

RB is set -- I'd like to see Lynch traded for a future pick or some OL depth.