Stephan Virgil, CB, Virginia Tech

Brett Johnson, S, Cal

Antonio Coleman, DE/OLB, Auburn

David Nelson, WR, Florida

Dominique Harris, S, Temple

Sean Allen, C/G, ECU

Jorge Guerra, OL, TAMUK

Cordaro Howard, OL, Georgia Tech

All were added to Bills training camp squad!!

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php...mp;player_id=70

http://www.floridafansite.com/Florida-Foot...vid-Nelson-1907

http://mac-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_...TCLID=204765532

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/...len_sean00.html

http://cfn.scout.com/2/651559.html

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...ard_cord00.html

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at all of the publicity surrounding these guys, you'd think half of them were passed over in the first round, not the draft. That being said, if more than one makes the team (non-practice squad), I will be impressed. Not because I don't have faith, but because it's historically the way that it goes

Antonio Coleman led the SEC...yes the SEC in tackles for loss and sacks in 2009.

BTW just remember, Pat Williams and Jason Peters TWO probowlers signed as UDFA's by us became probowlers. <_< I have a feeling our new Auburn OLB will be another one.

How about Fred Jackson. He is our starting runningback!

Also, Jabari Greer was an undrafted free agent.

Here's the latest list, with 2 more additions:

John Destin, CB, Tulsa

Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo

Donald Jones, WR, Youngstown St.

Joique Bell, RB, Wayne State

Brett Johnson, S, Cal

Cordaro Howard, G, Georgia Tech

Sean Allen, C/G, East Carolina

Jorge Guerra, G, Texas A&M-Kingsville

Kyle Mutcher, C, Weber State

Mike Wright, LB, Utah

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ngs-report.html

Guest dog14787

Time will tell if this years draft turns out to be a good one, but the change in philosophy is clearly evident and in my opinion the direction much more coordinated and planned out. Nix and Gailey being on the same page has allot to do with it I'm sure and the fact that we made zero effort to bring Tebow to Buffalo right or wrong tells me our new GM refuses to be manipulated into doing something he doesn't want to do regardless of what other people may think or want.

Nix/Gailey are like a breath of fresh air...

Here's the latest list, with 2 more additions:

John Destin, CB, Tulsa

Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo

Donald Jones, WR, Youngstown St.

Joique Bell, RB, Wayne State

Brett Johnson, S, Cal

Cordaro Howard, G, Georgia Tech

Sean Allen, C/G, East Carolina

Jorge Guerra, G, Texas A&M-Kingsville

Kyle Mutcher, C, Weber State

Mike Wright, LB, Utah

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ngs-report.html

Ooooooo...I actually thought Mutcher might be a 6th or 7th rounder. Definitely thought he would be drafted. To be honest because of our lack of depth along the interior O-Line, both him and Allen have a decent shot at making the squad.

Time will tell if this years draft turns out to be a good one, but the change in philosophy is clearly evident and in my opinion the direction much more coordinated and planned out. Nix and Gailey being on the same page has allot to do with it I'm sure and the fact that we made zero effort to bring Tebow to Buffalo right or wrong tells me our new GM refuses to be manipulated into doing something he doesn't want to do regardless of what other people may think or want.

Nix/Gailey are like a breath of fresh air...

Was anyone manipulating Nix and Gailey into bringing Tebow here? If anything, they manipulated the media into believing the Bills were hot after him, possibly even tricking the Broncos into trading-up to take him.

Guest dog14787
Was anyone manipulating Nix and Gailey into bringing Tebow here? If anything, they manipulated the media into believing the Bills were hot after him, possibly even tricking the Broncos into trading-up to take him.

All you had to do is watch the tweets coming from Mrs. Kelly to know Jim is very disappointed.

What do you think Kelly was doing if not manipulating the Bills to get Tebow?

crazy Coleman didn't get drafted. And it is crazier he chose us when there were probably others calling him up.

[/quot

I sometimes think we have a reflex attitude that nobody would want to play here. Look at the situation...a new coach and a whole new look on defense and no one being secure with a position on the 3-4 line. Sounds like a place where a free agent might get a lot more of a look than most other places. I can't think of a better situation for Coleman.

Ciron Black would be good depth on the line. Wish we could have gotten him. A lot of draft tables had him going from a 3rd round to 5th round spot. I am surprised that he went undrafted. Some say he's slow, but, I still thought he is worth being drafted. People must be scared of Washington. As long as he's not near a school, I think someone will take a chance on him.

I like this kid. Check out the YouTube video for the play where he saves a touchdown a la Don Beebe.

Washington would be a PR nightmare for any team that signs him. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody signs him. Especially after the whole BR brouhaha.

Apparently Washington has kept out of trouble for 7 years. There is no reason for a team that needs a LT not to sign him. I hope it is the Bills he appears to be the best and least costly option. Vick is playing in the NFL, Rothlesberger is, We have players who have killed innocent people while DWI. There are gunmen drug abusers and rapists in the league. Why not him?

Given the release of TO and Reed and the unknown quality of Hardy and Johnson and the fact that the Bills drafted one guy and signed one veteran free agent there should be opportunity for an UFA WR to make this team. Naaman made a good choice.

Given the change in defense there should be some opportunity for front 7 defenders of the 3-4 variety to displace the 4-3 defenders favored by the prevous regime. With a new GM and coaching staff they have no reason to have any misplaced loyalty to the guys drafted by and favored by the previous regime. I think there is lots of opportunity for UFA's to make this roster.

Apparently Washington has kept out of trouble for 7 years. There is no reason for a team that needs a LT not to sign him. I hope it is the Bills he appears to be the best and least costly option. Vick is playing in the NFL, Rothlesberger is, We have players who have killed innocent people while DWI. There are gunmen drug abusers and rapists in the league. Why not him?

I agree. It was seven years ago, he was a teenager. It was consensual, not rape. There are others in the NFL who have done much worse things.

His whole career is on hold because of something that happened that long ago?

In all of these cases, the first question is, does the punishment fit the crime?

I agree. It was seven years ago, he was a teenager. It was consensual, not rape. There are others in the NFL who have done much worse things.

In all of these cases, the first question is, does the punishment fit the crime?

Wow. I realize a decade of futility can cause some desperation, but selling your soul to the devil? Fortunately I don't think Nix will.

Wow. I realize a decade of futility can cause some desperation, but selling your soul to the devil? Fortunately I don't think Nix will.

Desperation?

Firstly, I'm one of the most patient fans on this board, in spite of being a mostly frustrated Bills fan since 1968. I'm not desperate for the Bills to do anything.

Secondly, I'm not even suggesting the Bills sign Tony Washington. If you read my post that should be obvious. I'm talking about imposing a life sentence on a person's career for a mistake he made as a teenager.

Happy for you that life is so simple. Must be great being a simple person in a simple world.

Desperation?

Firstly, I'm one of the most patient fans on this board, in spite of being a mostly frustrated Bills fan since 1968. I'm not desperate for the Bills to do anything.

Secondly, I'm not even suggesting the Bills sign Tony Washington. If you read my post that should be obvious. I'm talking about imposing a life sentence on a person's career for a mistake he made as a teenager.

Happy for you that life is so simple. Must be great being a simple person in a simple world.

Uh, I think in your own words you agreed that the Bills should sign Tony Washington. If it's not desperation after 10 years of futility to now try to win at all costs, then why you want a sister !@#$er on your team is beyond me.

Some teen "mistake." Those crazy kids. I can see the conversations in living rooms across Buffalo now as parents try to explain what incest is and why we have a registered sex offender playing for our Bills.

Uh, I think in your own words you agreed that the Bills should sign Tony Washington. If it's not desperation after 10 years of futility to now try to win at all costs, then why you want a sister !@#$er on your team is beyond me.

Some teen "mistake." Those crazy kids. I can see the conversations in living rooms across Buffalo now as parents try to explain what incest is and why we have a registered sex offender playing for our Bills.

You can choose to believe me or not HB. What I was agreeing to was the first sentence (bolded) which expresses the sentiment that the guy deserves a second chance.

As you'll see if you viewed my posts, I'm not the person who clamors for the Bills to sign every free agent, trade for every player on the trading block, and basically go after talent at all costs. I was not and am not suggesting the Bills sign him, although I'm not against it by any means. But I believe that if he's evaluated well, that the guy deserves a second chance.

Again, you can believe me or not. I don't really care that much, honestly.

As for the second part of your reply, it is the job of parents to speak with their kids about uncomfortable subjects. That is how kids find structure and boundaries. That's how they make sense of the world around them, by having their parents help them understand things.

Of course, some parents like some NFL teams, would rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend that things like this don't exist.

Hey, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Maybe you're a more virtuous person than I am.

You can choose to believe me or not HB. What I was agreeing to was the first sentence (bolded) which expresses the sentiment that the guy deserves a second chance.

As you'll see if you viewed my posts, I'm not the person who clamors for the Bills to sign every free agent, trade for every player on the trading block, and basically go after talent at all costs. I was not and am not suggesting the Bills sign him, although I'm not against it by any means. But I believe that if he's evaluated well, that the guy deserves a second chance.

Again, you can believe me or not. I don't really care that much, honestly.

As for the second part of your reply, it is the job of parents to speak with their kids about uncomfortable subjects. That is how kids find structure and boundaries. That's how they make sense of the world around them, by having their parents help them understand things.

Of course, some parents like some NFL teams, would rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend that things like this don't exist.

Hey, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Maybe you're a more virtuous person than I am.

Then again, maybe they just want to take a break for 3 hours a week and just enjoy a football game.