Round 6, Pick #192: DE Danny Batten S. Dakota State

SDS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, a DE from South Dakota State instead of Tony Pike. These rednecks in charge are hilariously out of touch.

Yeah right. I am sure they are really concerned about your opinion instead of their coaches and scouts :lol:

Yeah right. I am sure they are really concerned about your opinion instead of their coaches and scouts :lol:

You sure have a lot of confidence in a franchise that has shown nothing to garner that confidence since what, 2002, and was only overshadowed by bone-headed first round picks by Denver, lol.

You sure have a lot of confidence in a franchise that has shown nothing to garner that confidence since what, 2002, and was only overshadowed by bone-headed first round picks by Denver, lol.

Last I checked, we have a new front office with a guy who has a proven track record in finding talent. So I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as opposed to the people who B word and moan every time they make a choice and it wasn't who they wanted.

Mike Mayock, NFL Network

192 -- Bills -- DE Danny Batten

The Bills' makeover to a 3-4 defense continues with this pick. In the second round they took Troupe, in the third round they took five-technique Carrington, and then with the last two picks they've gone to small school conversion outside linebackers. Batten from SDSU is an undersized, quick, try-hard edge rusher whose motor never stops. I've never seen more college DEs who are candidates for 3-4 conversions in one draft in my life.

wager?

Hopefully he's as rich as he is stupid. :flirt:

You really know your draft talent. Every year before the draft you should submit your analysis on players for all the teams. I'm sure only the best one would hire you. :pirate:

Even NFL.com didn't have stats (like height and weight), much less analysis on him.

so i guess the bills scouts really did their homework, brady was a sixth round pick who didnt even start in collage,you sound like an idiot.

just because YOU never heard of the guy he sucks.

the guy who sucks is the guy you see in the mirror every morning when you are pulling your head out of your ass!

Another small-school DE that will convert to LB. Unlike Moats, I really see Batten staying on the outside. I'm still obsessed with short shuttle times and vertical leaps:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft...ducing-sackseer

And Batten's are good. 32.5" vertical is nothing impressive, but it's not really horrible, and his short shuttle is an insane 4.05s! That's elite for sure. I guess Batten has short arms, which is kind of a hindrance for outside contain, but has anyone been able to track down an actual measurement? I haven't. How short are we talking here? Does he need an extender to wipe his butt?

I always talk myself into way overrating all our late-round picks, and this year is no exception. (The exception was last year, when we went with a gonzo late run on DBs.) I really like both of these LBs in the 6th. LB is a position where good players frequently come out of the late rounds (along with C, OG, & S), so I don't think I'm totally crazy in thinking that at least one of these guys might wind up being a steal.

And yes, I am getting excited about two 6th-rounders just a couple hours after posting about how you can't get either angry or excited about anyone drafted this late. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Lol, a DE from South Dakota State instead of Tony Pike. These rednecks in charge are hilariously out of touch.

I'm surprised a mephisto like you doesn't work in the NFL. You are apparently an under appreciated NFL talent evaluator. Either that or a parrot who can only regurgitate familiar names.

Fuggin moron.

I'm surprised a mephisto like you doesn't work in the NFL. You are apparently an under appreciated NFL talent evaluator. Either that or a parrot who can only regurgitate familiar names.

Fuggin moron.

Good post, nice to see you got yer teeth fixed. :thumbsup: