I guess the Bills really don't think an O line is necessary..

OT's can be found anywhere in the draft. I trust Nix and Gailey, because they know more than me. :beer:

Didn't Buddy say it's hard for your QB to throw when he's on his back? I hope Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Brohm purchased more personal injury insurance.

Don't forget that Levitre's natural position is LT. He played LT for three years in college and looked good there in his brief performances last season. I would like the Bills to take a natural C, like Ted Larsen, move Hangartner to LG, where he is more suited than C, then move Levitre out to LT and see how that looks. That adds more versatility to the OL, as you now have players at every position on the line who can play every other position if a starter goes down. I think the Bills feel they have most of the OL pieces in place that they need, but that depth is the issue. Frankly, four of the five positions on the OL now are above average.

Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Meredith/Green are all very capable players at their positions. Only LT is a need, and D. Bell has a lot of potential. Another year of strength and conditioning, and he could be a very good LT. Last year he was injured and thrown in the fire too early, but that experience will help his development.

there are about 15 OT's left in the field, none of them are on the best available list.....these are under the radar guys that you go after as FA's.....don't worry.....we will get the players we need....now they are going after players they want

Don't forget that Levitre's natural position is LT. He played LT for three years in college and looked good there in his brief performances last season. I would like the Bills to take a natural C, like Ted Larsen, move Hangartner to LG, where he is more suited than C, then move Levitre out to LT and see how that looks. That adds more versatility to the OL, as you now have players at every position on the line who can play every other position if a starter goes down. I think the Bills feel they have most of the OL pieces in place that they need, but that depth is the issue. Frankly, four of the five positions on the OL now are above average.

Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Meredith/Green are all very capable players at their positions. Only LT is a need, and D. Bell has a lot of potential. Another year of strength and conditioning, and he could be a very good LT. Last year he was injured and thrown in the fire too early, but that experience will help his development.

Name one 6'2" LT in the NFL, because that's what AL is. Cornell Green is their only OT on the roster with experience, and he wasn't re-signed by OAK.

Name one 6'2" LT in the NFL, because that's what AL is. Cornell Green is their only OT on the roster with experience, and he wasn't re-signed by OAK.

And Peters is 6'3" and made a few pro bowls. A good football player can overcome one inch. Pick up a guard, Fanaca, and move LT to LT. Problem solved. Bell and Meredith for depth.

You guys are funny... Buddy has said how many times now that he is going out there and getting a guy he believes can help this team immediately. Nix has forgotten 10x more than any of us will ever know about football, trust him, he has a plan and the draft isn't over yet.

Name one fourth round LT any team instantly plugs in as their starting LT in their rookie season. Todd McMoron, one of the draftniks rating Bruce Campbell so high, just said don't expect Campbell to see the field for TWO-THREE YEARS!

Name one fourth round LT any team instantly plugs in as their starting LT in their rookie season. Todd McMoron, one of the draftniks rating Bruce Campbell so high, just said don't expect Campbell to see the field for TWO-THREE YEARS!

+1 - But hey once they wear the Bills jersey most folks around here get upset they the sports stations don't say he is the best player at their position, and wonder why the Bills don't but 24 players in the probowl every year.

:beer:

You guys are funny... Buddy has said how many times now that he is going out there and getting a guy he believes can help this team immediately. Nix has forgotten 10x more than any of us will ever know about football, trust him, he has a plan and the draft isn't over yet.

Jason Fabini

Jamon Meredith V 2.0?

they are not reaching , it is refreshing

this is at least a two year fix

they are doing things the right way

Well said -- I don't think people realize how many things we need to fix. We are working hard on building this defense right now.

OT's can be found anywhere in the draft. I trust Nix and Gailey, because they know more than me. :thumbsup:

Didn't Buddy say it's hard for your QB to throw when he's on his back? I hope Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Brohm purchased more personal injury insurance.

Well, obviously that was not the plan of Nix and the Bills management. I certainly have a hard time undertanding why a offensive lineman has not been chosen for our team. I understand the first two picks of ours. They do make sense. But rounds 3 and 4 are questionable at this point and time will certainly tell if these players are going to be good.

Let's just keep drafting WRs and Dbs. we don't need any OL on this team. We are set there with our guys. Don't peopel watch the games and see how good our OL was last year. And now signing Green fromn the Raiders seals the deal.

We didn't draft any DBs this year. We took one receiver, because we only have one on the team right now who is over 6'1" tall. Easley is a very good prospect who should get a chance to get on the field as the #4 or #5 receiver for the Bills. We need OL, but obviously Buffalo didn't like the prospects left at the OT position by the second round.

FYI, Spiller was probably the best overall player in the draft, and any other year, he would have been a top five pick. Buffalo is fortunate to get a playmaker of his ability.

An experienced OT probably comes in a trade.

One thing is that they don't waste any time getting the pick in - so the Bills are just following their draft board and quickly going about their business.

An experienced OT probably comes in a trade.

One thing is that they don't waste any time getting the pick in - so the Bills are just following their draft board and quickly going about their business.

They probably flushed their only cell phone down the toilet (money is tight), so no need to mess around...

"An OL is just 5 fat guys."

Of the OL left in the draft, tell me, which of the tackles do you think could come in and start this year? Legitimately start at LT this year? Which of the ones available to us at 9 would have made more of a difference to the offense than Spiller will? Heck, which of them would have been able to come in and start day one at LT, not RT?

Sarcasm is fun. I know, I use it a lot. But is there anything the Bills have done that you haven't found to be stupid or worthy of ridicule since you joined this board?

Of the OL left in the draft, tell me, which of the tackles do you think could come in and start this year? Legitimately start at LT this year? Which of the ones available to us at 9 would have made more of a difference to the offense than Spiller will? Heck, which of them would have been able to come in and start day one at LT, not RT?

Sarcasm is fun. I know, I use it a lot. But is there anything the Bills have done that you haven't found to be stupid or worthy of ridicule since you joined this board?

Wang is the only one that would even have an outside chance at this point.

This is becoming com .ical.
they can only fill so many holes in one draft. If u know of a way to get a playmaker, two starting OTs, a NT, two DE's and some 3-4 LBs and aWR and a QB all in one draft, we r all ears

Well, We missed on a lot of good OL guys. But our D front 7 was solidified. I think John Jerry will be a great G for Mia moving forward, who was picked one pick after Carrington. But in the first, we could have moved back and picked up an extra pick or two, then had a chance at Bulaga/Iupati/Pouncy.

Thats one thing I think most fans are not seeing. Our interior Ol is just as bad as the Ts with Wood injured and Hangartner as a starter. Now I think the interior is extremely important... and IF it were possible to trade back in the first and add a late 2 or early 3, and pick up Bulaga and Jerry, our OL AND D front 7 would now be set moving forward.

Lots of posters used the arguement "look at the top 4 teams in the playoffs and they dont have 1st round Ts" arguement. I agree with that point to a degree.... but look at those teams INTERIOR OL guys. There are pro bowlers and HOFers. Jets had Mangold and Fanaca. Colts had Saturday. Vikings have Hutchinson and the Saints have Jari Evans.

The Interior is more important than it is given credit for. And when I think about it, Lynch/Jackson behind Bulaga/Jerry would produce more than Spiller/Lynch/Jackson behind Hangatner/DBell.

There are still 3 months till camp starts. I'm thinking we will be picking up some more FA's over the next few months. We should be better than last year, especially if we can stay healthy. How many games did we actually have the same o-lineman on the field?