Round 2, Pick #41: DT Torell Troup - Central Florida

SDS

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell would you not take OT?

Because they're in love with D.Bell.

What a dream I had!! Jauron was fired and Brandon was no longer involved in the draft. Woke up just as they picked Troup. Can he play DB??

my #2 NT, looks like they think Cody is a fat !@#$

Well...The Ravens don't...And even though I'm a Bills Fan, chances are The Ravens are right about who can play NT in a 3-4...I'm not betting against the Balt Ravens Scouting Staff when it comes to things like this...

I would have prefered Cody...I just think guys like him come around so rarely...His single dimension is awfully good...But Troup is OK...Definitely fits a need... :D

Well...The Ravens don't...And even though I'm a Bills Fan, chances are The Ravens are right about who can play NT in a 3-4...I'm not betting against the Balt Ravens Scouting Staff when it comes to things like this...

I would have prefered Cody...I just think guys like him come around so rarely...His single dimension is awfully good...But Troup is OK...Definitely fits a need... :D

Who says they wouldn't have drafted Troup?

I would have prefered Cody...I just think guys like him come around so rarely...His single dimension is awfully good...But Troup is OK...Definitely fits a need... :thumbsup:

As SDS said, we have no idea if the Ravens would have picked Cody if Troup was available. But even if they would have picked Cody they might be able to cover his weakness. The rap on him is he tires very easily and needs to rotate out often. The Ravens may be able to accommodate that more than other teams. It's always important to keep the context in mind before passing judgment.

As SDS said, we have no idea if the Ravens would have picked Cody if Troup was available. But even if they would have picked Cody they might be able to cover his weakness. The rap on him is he tires very easily and needs to rotate out often. The Ravens may be able to accommodate that more than other teams. It's always important to keep the context in mind before passing judgment.

I'm thinking Ray Lewis is going to be all over this kid and kicking his ass to get in shape. The Ravens got a project, but they have the locker room leadership to make him lose the laziness.

In contrast, in the Jauron locker room, players got gold stars for showing up with a smile and saying they'd try harder next time.

We cover this so often it's ridiculous. ESPN and many reporters don't want to do the dirty work for their job. Bills sucking = easy story. They have a vested interest in propagating this because Bills fans go nuts and read/watch it then post it all over message boards. Then much like people do to the Raiders on here make fun of it boosting up ESPN even more.

Then fans on here complains about ESPN bais then bash the team based off opinion from ESPN and the cycle repeats. If Everyone on this board didn't watch/read ESPN then it would be amuch better informed board overall.

I was only bitching that ESPN decided giving Holmgren a BJ was more important than covering the Bills pick. I would have felt the same regardless of the team they ignored.

As far as analysts, I do not base opinions on what ESPN provides.

It get$ to a point where you can only budget $o much between internet, cable, and phone. NFL Network i$ not on cable, and DTV only carrie$ the YE$ network (a nece$$ity by choice in my hou$e) on their mo$t ex$pen$ive premium package.

FYI: The only thing I understood in your post was the last sentence. :thumbsup:

We have no QB , no LT and no signings of any significance in off-season. Have ateam slaary that will be bottom 5. I wonder why? why did we not re-sign Pat Willims , Clements, leonard, Winfield, etc? yeah, it's not money...

You were whining about saving money with a 2nd round pick! So don't try to deflect with this stuff to cover for your idiotic statement.