OT - How did you all think of your names?

bartshan-83

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That one, I figured out. Hope you guys get down to the rail and squirrel away one of WM's  touchdown balls for all our posterity.

140220[/snapback]

During the Arz game they were interviewing WM...everyone started rubbing WM's head and patting him in the back....my buddy hopped in the pile and practically got WM in a headlock and gave him a NOGGIE.....WM was laughing his head off....SOLID STUFF!!!!

Thailog was an evil gargoyle back when my son was in his Disney Gargoyles phase many moons ago. He and I would wrestle and he would be the good gargoyle Goliath....and I had to be the bad guy....Thailog...Goliaths nemesis. Goliath backwards with the TH reversed. It just stuck with me.....The 80 was for EM.

137889[/snapback]

I thought Thailog meant you rolled fatties with some serious kindbud :doh:

During the Arz game they were interviewing WM...everyone started rubbing WM's head and patting him in the back....my buddy hopped in the pile and practically got WM in a headlock and gave him a NOGGIE.....WM was laughing his head off....SOLID STUFF!!!!

140222[/snapback]

Good stuff. "Let's be managers" and everyone else aside, I think we might have some kids who are players. And have an idea of what Buffalo football is about. I think Mike M. gets it too. I see good things happening, and we have to trust them.

Sorry Ice, You're not in charge.

I got Astrobot from Astrobot Academy, my venture into the educational software business. A friend of mine and I produced a fun math facts drill program called MathBOTs. Still is available, is the only program that learns your weaknesses, and actually runs on my XP. Oh, and it's now in public domain. Doesn't use the mouse--all keyboard. If you have kids Grades K-4, it's extremely effective.

MathBOTs

Attending seminary, some friends of mine were into inventing nicknames. Going to seminary in the south, some of the nicknames reflected a bit of southern culture. There was "Bear" because he was hairy, "Mad Dog because he was a little crazy. I don't recall why "Possum" and "Clyde" got their nicknames. Mine was intended to be ironic. I'm pretty laid back and quiet, which gave one guy the idea of an aggressive sounding nickname like "Tiger." I hadn't used it in years, but when I became active on the internet, it seemed like a handy username, and I figured if my friends could express humor in giving me the name, I could express it in keeping it and using it. The "J" is the initial of my last name.

Attending seminary, some friends of mine were into inventing nicknames.  Going to seminary in the south, some of the nicknames reflected a bit of southern culture.  There was "Bear" because he was hairy, "Mad Dog because he was a little crazy.  I don't recall why "Possum" and "Clyde" got their nicknames.  Mine was intended to be ironic.  I'm pretty laid back and quiet, which gave one guy the idea of an aggressive sounding nickname like "Tiger."  I hadn't used it in years, but when I became active on the internet, it seemed like a handy username, and I figured if my friends could express humor in giving me the name, I could express it in keeping it and using it.  The "J" is the initial of my last name.

140307[/snapback]

I'd like to meet you. Reminds me of a joke about a Notre Dame priest in the Confesional...

well i am jamie buf12 so........................

my name is jamie

my favorite sports team is the buffalo bills

jim kelly wore #12

there you have it jamie buf 12

go bills!

Nice thread topic...

King Of Kings...

Then I just added the BILLS on the end...

I use the initials for everything including when I was writing under that moniker. Most people I used to send newsletters out to don't even know my name, they just call me KOK...Just my small-minded way of giving Glory where it's due...

I am the only person on this board (and probably in WNY) that hopes that Joe Burns makes the team....and he does every year, hence the name BurnsFan

140211[/snapback]

I have only had good things to say since his first Training Camp.

I'd like to meet you. Reminds me of a joke about a Notre Dame priest in the Confesional...

140320[/snapback]

I don't know that joke, but I do know those seminary dudes have a sense of humor. One year while attending my college reunion, there weren't enough beds on campus so I was put up at the nearby seminary. I walked into the bathroom and the stalls were labeled in magic marker: I JOHN, II JOHN, III JOHN. <_<