Draft Update

OT would still be the preference. Williams or Okung. Obviously pending availability. I don't believe there is another OT they would take that high. Spiller will defintely have a high first round grade and could be taken there. McClain is a real possibility. Dan Williams would be the dark horse candidate.

If any of the top few prospects slip for any reason that can change things. But I can't imagine someone like Berry sliding.

Barring a trade of some sort. No QB until at least the second round.

Don't panic. You are going to get a great player either way and will finally start loading up this team with legitimate NFL talent.

Now the local and national writers can change their draft precitions.

I hope this helps.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OT would still be the preference. Williams or Okung. Obviously pending availability. I don't believe there is another OT they would take that high. Spiller will defintely have a high first round grade and could be taken there. McClain is a real possibility. Dan Williams would be the dark horse candidate.

If any of the top few prospects slip for any reason that can change things. But I can't imagine someone like Berry sliding.

Don't panic. You are going to get a great player either way and will finally start loading up this team with legitimate NFL talent.

I hope this helps.

If this is 100% accurate, then I really hope that Clausen is taken before us, or is a bust. I couldn't stomach the fact that the Bills would pass up a QB who went on to have great success...

No. But they would always be interested in more picks. So down would be most likely with this group.

That in itself is an improvement over the last bunch.

Glad to provide what I can. I really need to learn to use spell check. Good luck!

Thanks for the update! I really like the thinking behind those picks! I think that is a fantastic 1st round strategy.

I hope this helps.

Okay so it looks like:

1- Trent Williams

2- Russell Okung

3- C.J. Spiller

4- Rolando McClain

5- Dan Williams

Wouldn't mind the first 3, and I prefer Trent Williams to Okung. Don't like Dan Williams or McClain with the #9 pick, so that would definitely dissapoint.

Now the last piece of the puzzle is to wait on Nolan Nawrocki's final mock draft, which should be realeased later today. He's accurately predicted the Bills #1 pick the last 4 years (Whitner, Lynch, McKelvin, Maybin).

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#13 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- kelly blue book

#3- farmers almanac

#4- nostradamus

#5- TMZ

#6- punxsutawney phil

#7- weatherman

#8- economist

#9- ESPN Insiders

#10- psychic

#11- momma pecoraro (added by matter2003)

#12- Thurman Thomas

#13- Skooby and sources deep within

Good news. I would definitely love to see McClain or Williams come in. I mentioned it last night, but a McClain-Terrence Cody draft would actually make me feel VERY confident in our Defense.

McClain #1, and Cody #2 would be a huge dissapointment IMO. An ILB in a 3-4 defense who isn't a thumper and not very fast at #9 is a reach. The dropoff between guys like Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler, Sean Lee & Rolando McClain is not very significant.

To then follow up reaching for McClain, by reaching for Cody would be a huge mistake. Cody is out of shape, and extremely slow. He actually ran the slowest 40 time, of any timed NFL prospect in the last 25 years. That's a scary stat. In the NFL 3-4 DT's need to be big (which Cody is), but they also need to be athletic and have great endurance. Cody has netiher.

I could be wrong, but I'm just stating my strong opinions. In the end I hope Nix goes out and gets the right guys for this team.

If this is 100% accurate, then I really hope that Clausen is taken before us, or is a bust. I couldn't stomach the fact that the Bills would pass up a QB who went on to have great success...

I'm with you man if he's there and we don't take him I'm gonna have problems. We need a quarterback thats firey and has a set. This kid is it. I will break something in my house if this happens.

McClain #1, and Cody #2 would be a huge dissapointment IMO. An ILB in a 3-4 defense who isn't a thumper and not very fast at #9 is a reach. The dropoff between guys like Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler, Sean Lee & Rolando McClain is not very significant.

To then follow up reaching for McClain, by reaching for Cody would be a huge mistake. Cody is out of shape, and extremely slow. He actually ran the slowest 40 time, of any timed NFL prospect in the last 25 years. That's a scary stat. In the NFL 3-4 DT's need to be big (which Cody is), but they also need to be athletic and have great endurance. Cody has netiher.

I could be wrong, but I'm just stating my strong opinions. In the end I hope Nix goes out and gets the right guys for this team.

I'm not a big fan of Drafting McClain at #9...A LB with 4.75 Speed at #9 Overall? I don't know...I do know the Kid was a heck of a Player in that Defense...Now...Was that mainly because of the Defense or his skills as a LB? I'm not sure...I don't see where ILB is much of a Need on this Defense either...Poz, Mitchell, Davis and Nic Harris are all ILB's in a 3-4...One or two of them may be able to play outside in a pinch...But it's a bad fit...I think a true Pass Rushing OLB is a MUCH bigger Need...I just don't see McClain as the Pick at #9...

I think you're wrong about Cody though...I'd take that mountain at #41 in a heartbeat...He's one dimensional...But that one dimension is a HUGE need in Buffalo right now...And Cody could be one of the best in the NFL fairly quickly at that one dimension...I don't think his 40 time is scary whatsoever...He barely needs to move in order to cause a massive pile at the line of scrimmage...You're not Drafting Cody to run plays down...You're Drafting him to anchor the middle and take on the double-team...He did that pretty well for the National Championship Defense in College...In fact if it was not for Cody I wonder what kind of Grades McClain would be getting... :D