Details of statement against Big Ben are released.

Link

According to Blash's case summary, "he asked [the alleged victim] if Roethlisberger had raped her and she stated, 'No, I did not know what was going on,' because she was intoxicated so much."

The summary said, "Blash indicated that he asked the victim, 'Did he rape you?', and the victim stated 'no.' Blash asked the victim if they had sex, and she responded by saying, 'Well, I'm not sure.' "

Blash went to Capital City, where he found Roethlisberger and his entourage and told them about the allegation.

"Roethlisberger told Blash that he remembered her and he had told her that she was too drunk to be back there," the summary said.

"Roethlisberger did not allege any sexual intercourse with the female. Roethlisberger remembered her falling and hitting her head. The female's friends got mad because they could not come to the back."

In the summary, Blash acknowledged having made off-color remarks about the alleged victim at the club.

"When asked about a comment similar to 'this f------ b---- is drunk' or 'this b---- is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her," Blash said that he did say something like that to the other Milledgeville police officers and indicated that Roethlisberger's bodyguards may have overheard the comment," the report said.

It added, "Blash indicted (sic) that he was mad because the victim was not being 'straight up' with him and that pissed him off."

Blash resigned Wednesday, Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue told CNN on Friday. He would not discuss reasons for the resignation.

The resignation thing is very interesting, but if this case had gone to trial and I was juror I'd find BR not guilty. I wouldn't call him innocent, just not guilty by a reasonable doubt based on what they've released here.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...lisberger1.html

Okay, this is my first attempt at "linking" on this site. Hopefully I did it right. Read this and tell me if you think he is innocent still. I totally think that the guy has a serious problem. If he were any normal Joe Blow his butt would be awaiting trial, IMO.

Okay, this is my first attempt at "linking" on this site. Hopefully I did it right. Read this and tell me if you think he is innocent still. I totally think that the guy has a serious problem. If he were any normal Joe Blow his butt would be awaiting trial, IMO.

I agree that the guy has a problem.

So, the girl who explained to BR that the sign she was wearing meant "down to f---" and then followed him to another bar after he called her a tease was the one who was later 'raped'?

:thumbdown:

Don't get me wrong...I think that BR is guilty of conduct that is unbecoming of a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB and can be classified as a scum bag, but this girl in her drunken naivety has to be held accountable to a certain degree as well.

How is she drinking in bars when she's only 20 years old to begin with? BR should be at least charged with providing alcohol to minors, don't you think?

Pray - or just hope - that he remains the Rooney's, Stealer Nation and his own problem and not ours.

I always have believed that there are a lot of similarities between Buffalo fans and Pittsburgh fans. From what I have read, there appears to be a big backlash against BR in Pittsburgh. It does not surprise me.

As disappointed as I was at the time that the Steelers picked him ahead of us, I am glad that he is not on our team and that he does not represent the City of Buffalo.

Don't get me wrong...I think that BR is guilty of conduct that is unbecoming of a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB and can be classified as a scum bag, but this girl in her drunken naivety has to be held accountable to a certain degree as well.

Agreed on both counts. Labeling someone as a sexual predator without sufficient evidence is not right. Just ask the Duke lacrosse team.

How is she drinking in bars when she's only 20 years old to begin with? BR should be at least charged with providing alcohol to minors, don't you think?

No, but I think the bar owner/bar tender should be charged with providing alcohol to minors.

I always have believed that there are a lot of similarities between Buffalo fans and Pittsburgh fans. From what I have read, there appears to be a big backlash against BR in Pittsburgh. It does not surprise me.

As disappointed as I was at the time that the Steelers picked him ahead of us, I am glad that he is not on our team and that he does not represent the City of Buffalo.

I'm with you on that. I remember being pissed he went there. Now... I'm quite fine with that - SB victories or not, we're better off with him there.

It's only her account and he didn't technically rape her, but he's pretty close. Either way he sounds like a scumbag who has the game of that creepy old guy from Family Guy.

Your position must be that it's not "technically rape" because when she told him NO she was too drunk to mean it?

If you go back and re-read the first post I never said I think he's innocent. I said I couldn't find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The girl told the police she wasn't even sure she was raped.

Link

Pennsylvania officials investigating trooper who was with Big Ben

NFL.com Wire Reports

A Pennsylvania state trooper who was with Ben Roethlisberger the night he was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old female college student in a Georgia nightclub is subject to the agency's code of conduct even though he was working for the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, police said Friday.

An ongoing internal investigation will determine whether Trooper Ed Joyner did anything "that could reasonably be expected to destroy public respect for the Pennsylvania State Police or confidence in the state police," said Lt. Myra Taylor, a state police spokeswoman.

HQ video delivered by Akamai

A friend of the accuser said in a statement to Milledgeville, Ga., police that a "bodyguard" refused to acknowledge that the woman, who had been drinking, was alone with Roethlisberger in the back of a nightclub.

Ann Marie Lubatti told police on March 5 that she told the bodyguard, "This isn't right. My friend is back there with Ben. She needs to come back right now."

No, that would not be on Ben. He was in a club and the club is responsible for everyone that is in the place. They provide the alcohol, not Ben. He could have bought her drinks, yes, but how is he supposed to know she is only 20. That is the clubs job to enforce that and make sure only people 21+ are drinking.

And lots of people have fakes....

No, that would not be on Ben. He was in a club and the club is responsible for everyone that is in the place. They provide the alcohol, not Ben. He could have bought her drinks, yes, but how is he supposed to know she is only 20. That is the clubs job to enforce that and make sure only people 21+ are drinking.

And lots of people have fakes....

See here's the thing -- what you just described is Ben being at fault. He bought a round of shots and had them take one. Fakes don't mean anything at a bar. Think twice before you bring that girl home, if she's 17, but in a 21+ bar with a fake you are still going to jail. It's not a valid defense to anything.

If you go back and re-read the first post I never said I think he's innocent. I said I couldn't find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The girl told the police she wasn't even sure she was raped.

Well, last time I checked by saying that you would find BR "not guilty" is pretty much saying he is innocent. I understand what you are saying, and I am not trying to argue that point, I was just trying to show you "her" side of the story and see if you still felt the same way. I would be able to say he is guilty.

Like I said before, if that were any other average 20-something male out there then they would be in jail waiting trial.