Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!!

sven233

But one more "overblown off-field problem" and he's facing an even longer suspension. The fact is that the team that knew him the best was unconvinced that he'll be able to stay out of trouble in the future.

Is this what you thought when the Raiders gave Moss away for a 4th?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't read the entire thread, but...

Jets just got lots better at a position of need for them (and us) for a measley 5th round pick.

Jets have the balls to use a throw away pick on a proven WR.

Jets have a win now mentality.

Jets assume that their coach can hold any player in line.

Anyone who thinks the Jets made a mistake is smoking crack and shooting up heroin.

:unsure:

30 other NFL teams could have traded for him. That tells you what kind of risk the jets are taking.

I love statements like this.

It's as though every other team passed on this deal and the Jets were the last ones asked.

What, if the Bills don't make a deal it has to suck? And how do you get "risk" out of giving up a 5th rounder?

!@#$ing homers are laughable sometimes.

I love statements like this.

It's as though every other team passed on this deal and the Jets were the last ones asked.

What, if the Bills don't make a deal it has to suck? And how do you get "risk" out of giving up a 5th rounder?

!@#$ing homers are laughable sometimes.

Exactly...it's as if Plunket was never traded...or Csonka...or Jumbo Elliot...or welll do I need to list ALL the hall of fame players that have either been cut, released, or traded in thier time in the NFL?...c'mon...that kind of justification only speaks to your own laziness for researching the player and seeing whether or not he is still a good player...Holmes for a fifth????...the Jets FO is making miracles...trading for Cromartie was also a WTF for me...he had a down season and is still so young and talented...they continue to upgrade thier team by leaps and bounds and are giving damn near nothing in return..it's ridiculous how well they are doing as of late...

Is this what you thought when the Raiders gave Moss away for a 4th?

Moss had never been suspended and wasn't in the NFL substance abuse program at the time. Not to mention that Holmes is just good WR while Randy Moss is potentially the greatest WR in the history of the NFL.

Make you wonder if the Bills are calling everybody about Lynch.....

I don't know if you get rid of Lynch for anything less than a 3rd pick. You will be better off keeping him if that's the case.

If this Holmes deal is any indication, there is not a chance in hell you get a 3rd round pick for Lynch.

How can you really not get that? Do you honestly think that the Steelers traded Holmes behind closed doors? 30 other teams had an opportunity to offer something higher than a 5th round pick. That tells you something right there about Holmes.

My apologies, I jumped the gun and didn't have all the facts. Your point makes perfect sense now. :unsure::D

Holmes is bound to run himself out of NY as well. Braylon is so overrated, Holmes is OK, and Sanchez still has no testicles so relax.

Agreed. My stupid Jet fan cousin is jumping in circles today. I say "Pride cometh before the fall". The Jets will be good, but they still have 16 games to play. . .

Apparently, there are a lot of Steeler players who are happy to see Holmes go.

Link

I have no doubt that Whaley knew all about Holmes from his day in Pittsburgh and, accordingly, the Bills wanted nothing to do with him.

Only 12 of them with Santonio.

I also cannot read this whole thread...but realize one thing. Santonio is in the last year of his contract. Pitt did not want to resign him, AND he is (likely to be) suspended for the first 4 games.

There is no guarentee he will resign with the jets, so for a problem player, who will play only 12 games, they gave up a 5th round pick. Good deal? yes. But not horrible considering the circumstances

• 3 weeks later...

Fwiw my friend / client was at a meeting and dinner with several of the Jets and coach Ryan. He said the santonio just sat there looking like he wanted to be anywhere else and wasn't very friendly to the fans that were there.

He said it was a big contrast to say Revis who was super cool, talkative and friendly.

Let's hope that the poor attitude continues into the locker room!