Clausen will be gone before we pick, so lets stop talking about him

JustMaxx

seattle and cleveland have serious needs at a long term QB.

so may oakland, bc russell is terrible and if they had even an average QB they might win 8 games or more

and washington has mcnabb for one year, who knows if theyll want to give him another contract.

these teams may have other needs, but QB is the most important position, as we know.

lets just accept we will be choosing between B. Graham, Bulaga/Davis, & Dan Williams.

Hopefully we go Tebow or lefevour in a later round and develop them.

Dont hate me...

Assuming St Louis takes Bradford, that leaves 7 teams before the Bills. 3 arguably have a franchise QB or have invested a lot in a QB the last year (Detroit, KC, Tampa). That means 4 teams in need of a QB would have to pass on Clausen. If he's that good, he doesn't get past those 4 teams. If he does, that means Shanahan (basically already passed by taking McNabb), Carroll (who recruited him in high school and played him every year), Holmgren (known as a QB guru), and the Raiders didn't think he was a franchise QB. Basically, if he's deserving, Clausen won't be there at 9.

All of those teams you mentioned have more pressing immediate needs than QB. While I agree he MAY be gone, to start a thread as if you are 100% right is garbage. Especially when its something impossible to be 100% right at.

so may oakland, bc russell is terrible and if they had even an average QB they might win 8 games or more

and washington has mcnabb for one year, who knows if theyll want to give him another contract.

these teams may have other needs, but QB is the most important position, as we know.

lets just accept we will be choosing between B. Graham, Bulaga/Davis, & Dan Williams.

Dont hate me...

Must be nice to know it all beforehand! Kiper and Mayock got nuthin on you. Wish I hadn't read this as now there'll be no suspense whatsoever!

Dont hate me...

As soon as you start making a living from your ability to predict the future, I will start taking seriously your predictive abilities. Well, no I won't, I'll just think that you have managed to rope in a bunch of suckers.

You don't know what will happen anymore than I do, Mel Kiper does, or anyone else. And I'm not going to start or stop talking about anything based on your guesswork.

I happen to think there's a pretty good chance that you're right. But far from a 100% chance. So if you don't want to talk about Clausen, I'd suggest that you ... and this is a pretty radical suggestion .... avoid the threads about him.

Assuming St Louis takes Bradford, that leaves 7 teams before the Bills. 3 arguably have a franchise QB or have invested a lot in a QB the last year (Detroit, KC, Tampa). That means 4 teams in need of a QB would have to pass on Clausen. If he's that good, he doesn't get past those 4 teams.

Uh, yeah, because teams never make mistakes, and they all have the same priorities as us. Rodgers never got past anybody who could have used him, did he? Brees either. He got to the second round, so he must suck. Yeah, definitely we should base our choices on the scouting departments and personnel priorities of the teams that had the worst records in the league last year. That would make perfect sense.

Uh, yeah, because teams never make mistakes, and they all have the same priorities as us. Rodgers never got past anybody who could have used him, did he? Brees either. He got to the second round, so he must suck. Yeah, definitely we should base our choices on the scouting departments and personnel priorities of the teams that had the worst records in the league last year. That would make perfect sense.

Yes. I'll take the judgement of Shanahan, Carroll, and Holmgren over anyone in our organization or on this message board. I especially think if Clausen gets past Carroll and Seattle, that says the most. No one knows him better besides his own coaches than Carroll.

i said dont hate me at the end of my thread, my god.

and i dont have an allseeing eye, but i do, yano, think logically. too many teams need a QB before us. and if hes that good, which it sounds like, hes gone.

i said dont hate me at the end of my thread, my god.

and i dont have an allseeing eye, but i do, yano, think logically. too many teams need a QB before us. and if hes that good, which it sounds like, hes gone.

yano? :unsure:

I too thnk he will be long gone at 9. I could be wrong. I wouldn't rule out Washington just because they got McNAbb. He's the short term answer. Shanahan has taken rookie high even though he has a starting vet doing well in place and benching him in the middle of a playoff run for said rookie. But they too need OLine.

If Clausen's there, you gotta take him in my opinion. If not, take the best guy available from there. I'd be OK with taking Spiller. You need several good backs. I'd also love to see us take a stud OL man if available. We should be able to get someone good at 9.

Yes. I'll take the judgement of Shanahan, Carroll, and Holmgren over anyone in our organization or on this message board. I especially think if Clausen gets past Carroll and Seattle, that says the most. No one knows him better besides his own coaches than Carroll.

Since Seattle has Hasselbeck & just traded for & gave big bucks to Whitehurst as Hasselbeck's replacement, why would anyone think that Carroll would even think of drafting a QB in the 1st round?

Since Seattle has Hasselbeck & just traded for & gave big bucks to Whitehurst as Hasselbeck's replacement, why would anyone think that Carroll would even think of drafting a QB in the 1st round?

Because they would be heading into the season with.....Hasselbeck and Whitehurst.

Not that it means much but....I called into Sirius NFL Network this weekend and the two hosts, (Howard Ballser and Dean Dalton) both expected JC to be there for the taking at nine but don't expect any of the 4 tackles to be there. KC will try and use their pick as bait for someone to trade up and take JC but from everything they here they are also looking at OL.

They said the McNabb trade kinda screwed us out of getting a top flight OL. I've never been high on Bulaga(short arms) but the hosts mentioned Saffold and Charlie Brown as good canidates for us to pick up in round 2

Dont hate me...

If you are right, I'll love you. We need to address OT first or we will keep spinning our wheels.