More Proof PFT Is Mentally Challenged

H2o

Someone should remind Florio that Dick's inability to draft OL and DL is part of the reason he was DFA'd in November. That, and DJ's wimpy game plans, particularly in the home Saints game last season, where he rolled over in the 4th quarter.

Of course, it didn't help that the front office, led by the incomparable RW, Smithers, and Jimmy Overdorf could not re-sign Peters after his 2007 season. While it's true Peters has some issues, you don't subtract a LT and then hope guys who've never played the position before. Buffalo has become the proverbial hamster in the wheel-running in circles, but they do replace their wheel every now and then.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second...

So you think the Bills had better than 7-9 talent from 06-08?

Yes. How many games were lost by DJ's limp wristed coaching style? That Monday Night Dallas game where he left the sidelines wide open to allow Romo to work his way into FG range under highly improbably conditions comes to mind. That New England game on Monday Night is another.

Part of having a lack of talent comes from dropping BOTH your starting tackles 10 minutes before the season starts.

Impossible to know for sure. I think Jauron got the team to play hard at times and win, but his poor strategic thinking at other times caused the Bills to lose as well.

Of course, it didn't help that the front office, led by the incomparable RW, Smithers, and Jimmy Overdorf could not re-sign Peters after his 2007 season.

Thank GOODNESS they didn't resign Peters, or we'd be off WORSE that we are now!! Overpaying for that overrated, often injured snail of an LT would have been like us resigning TO for another season. ONE THING they did do right was letting him go! Phew...

Sometimes the truth hurts... With the exception of the Kyle Williams comment the rest of the article is spot on.

Face it the current roster of players is mostly horrible...

Over achieve probably not. But DJ got them to win a few games they might not have probably especially as the seasons were lost. The players played hard. Many other teams would have quit on their coaches.

I am not trying to defend DJ. Is there really anything to be gained winning games when the playoffs are out of reach if the success doesn't carry over to the next year. All in all he was awful and likely played a key role in the current lack of talent on the roaster.

The OT situation is in shambles are mostly self inflicted with the exception of the Butler retirement. They could have chosen to keep Peters or draft Oher or keep Walker at RT. All horrible decisions that were criticized at the time and in retrospect seem even worse now.

Our LB's suck. I am not even sure Poz or Maybin are quality starters. We should know by the end of the year.

The WR situation may be just as bad. I however have always felt Parrish never got a chance with the JV coordinators Jauron brought in. Reed was a DJ guy and it seems Parrish was not. I'm hoping Gailey can turn Parrish into an effective mid range threat. I also would bring back TO and go with a Evans, TO, and Parrish while mixing in Johnson and Hardy. Add a sixth WR in the middle of the draft.

Dick Jauron overachieved, are they freaking kidding me? the guy played a HUGE part in building the roster that still has a ton of holes, no winning seasons as head coach of the Bills and couldnt compete against teams with winning records

not to mention in his 9 years as an NFL head coach he has one winning season, ONE

but yeah he overachieved alright....Jauron is one of the worst head coaches in the history of the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...needs-afc-east/

This just threw eveything else they had to say out the window. B-)

Crack is a horrible drug.

Yes, I'm positive the Bills win more than 6 games this year.

Thank GOODNESS they didn't resign Peters, or we'd be off WORSE that we are now!! Overpaying for that overrated, often injured snail of an LT would have been like us resigning TO for another season. ONE THING they did do right was letting him go! Phew...

Would anyone really trade Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson for Peters today?

Crack is a horrible drug.

Yes, I'm positive the Bills win more than 6 games this year.

Would anyone really trade Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson for Peters today?

i would, absolutely

did you even watch Peters play last year? he is so overrated

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...needs-afc-east/

This just threw eveything else they had to say out the window. B-)

Actually, the Bills did overachieve under Jauron. They consistently beat the bad teams, which is something given that the Bills' talent level under Jauron was horrible. Of course, Jauron's strengths - playing not to lose and letting other teams beat themselves - doesn't work against good teams, and his flaws (personnel preferences, etc.) were killers. But anyone who thinks the Bills had better than 4-12 talent from 2006-09 is a homer.

This is not to defend Jauron, btw. His flaws certainly outweighed his strengths. But he does actually have some strengths, believe it or not.

Over achieve---When you lose 6-3 when the opposing QB completes two passes.....AT HOME...The year before you lose 10-6 to SF at Home. When you go no huddle with two rookie O-linemen...and expect them to achieve...C'mon...This team was set up to get killed... They overachieved to finish 6-10.....

If you think Jauron in any way was ok, keep in mind that it was his defensive philosophy to draft these guys. It was his 'direction' that got us these players and put the Bills in the situation they were in last season. No Huddle? Langston? His offensive coordinator basically calling him an awful coach.

As for PFT, did we need one shred of evidence more?

Hopefully this is the last Dick Jauron apology we Bills fans will ever have to be subjected to.

In his three plus years here Jauron proved to be every bit the colossal loser head coach that the Bears fans warned us about. The Bills had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year and there was Dick's team losing to a bottom dweller club like Cleveland at home in Ralph Wilson Stadium. Dick was 3-6 and this team was heading towards a 5 win season. Perry Fewell was the guy responsible for getting the Bills to that 7-9 record.

Anyone still making apologies for Dick Jauron's failures should consider themselves a moron.

Hopefully this is the last Dick Jauron apology we Bills fans will ever have to be subjected to.

In his three plus years here Jauron proved to be every bit the colossal loser head coach that the Bears fans warned us about. The Bills had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year and there was Dick's team losing to a bottom dweller club like Cleveland at home in Ralph Wilson Stadium. Dick was 3-6 and this team was heading towards a 5 win season. Perry Fewell was the guy responsible for getting the Bills to that 7-9 record.

Anyone still making apologies for Dick Jauron's failures should consider themselves a moron.

This isn't some sort of death-or-glory argument about whether he was good or horrible. It's about whether the Bills performed better or worse than the talent on hand. To reiterate, anyone who thinks the Bills had better than 4-12 talent from 2006-2008 should check to see what they were smoking. This is not to defend Jauron, who had a big hand in the talent that the Bills acquired.

Actually, the Bills did overachieve under Jauron. They consistently beat the bad teams, which is something given that the Bills' talent level under Jauron was horrible. Of course, Jauron's strengths - playing not to lose and letting other teams beat themselves - doesn't work against good teams, and his flaws (personnel preferences, etc.) were killers. But anyone who thinks the Bills had better than 4-12 talent from 2006-09 is a homer.

This is not to defend Jauron, btw. His flaws certainly outweighed his strengths. But he does actually have some strengths, believe it or not.

You make some good points but still, my issues with Jauron:

1. His record against good teams was pathetic, partly due to his conservation play calling. His tenure in Buffalo, like his time in Chicago , was defined by a poor offense and no ability to find a creative OC and then let him do his thing. He does not understand offense good enough to succeed.

2. He failed to put together a team that matched up in our division. Example: we never drafted a decent center yet every team in our division plays the 3-4 and has a monster at NT. Example 2: Our team does not play well in cold weather and our home record was poor. (I will share this blame with Levy and Brandon too).

3. His game day coaching ... Lets not forget the failure to get the flag out of his pocket and on the field in time to review a play that would have been overturned. I will NEVER forget that. Talk about passive coaching.

Good riddance Dick.