Reasons to not like Clausen

Yahoo Sports did a Tale of the Tape of Bradford vs Clausen with good details. The Cons for Clausen lead me to not want the Bills to draft him.

He struggles on deep throws, putting too much air under the ball, which forced his receivers to have to wait or come back to the ball. He is supposed to be a good fit for a West Coast offense, which we have not heard as being a Gailey type offense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Apc8...vsclausen040510

We have discussed this before. Clausen had an injured big toe on his plant foot for 10 out of the 12 games they played. Watch the tape of the Michigan game and you will see all throws, even the deep throws, hit his players in stride. Namely a 50 yard pass that Golden Tate dropped, a 40 yard pass across field and perfectly thrown down the sideline to Kyle Rudolph, and a couple of longer throws to Michael Floyd before he broke his collar bone that game. Clausen, after the Michigan State game could not fully get into his throws and still was awesome. He also had an inferior OL in front of him and was having to throw off of his back foot alot because he getting ready to take a shot. This is regurgitated McShay jargon at best.

He's got the arm. He is a football rat. Football is his life. (Like Manning - always studying.) He completed 70% of his passes last year. His TD/Interception Ratio was outstanding.

Some say he's cocky. So was Kelly, who could be insufferable. Who cares? He is a leader too.

So IF he's available, IF Gailey/Nix like him, IF they think he is a franchise QB - - - then take him. Frankly, I feel the same way about Tebow & McCoy - - if Nix and Chan believe in them - then take 'em!

Otherwise we have a couple of other needs and could draft someone else at 9 (will there be a worthy LT at 9?) or trade down and get another pick or 2. We could easily get McCoy or Tebow in this scenario - maybe even Claussen. Frankly, I hope this is how it goes.

Clausen sounds too much like Losman.

Unlike JP, Clausen can pick a defense apart in the intermediate areas of the field with on time, ACCURATE passes. Losman NEVER showed he could do that consistently in college or the NFL. Clausen has, atleast throughout HS and college.

even comes with a boatload of built in excuses for why he couldn't win

Never knew that football was a 1 vs. 11 game. :thumbsup: And he was 42-0 as a HS starter, where he actually had a real supporting cast, unlike ND where he came in during a major transitioning period to a team with a turd OL and defense..

WOW Jimmy Clausen.......REALLY???

Sorry if you had already seen. But i just think people who are clammoring for him should be aware of some of his personal life. Would you realy want a photo of brand new Bills QB Jimmy Clausen wearing only a Bills Helmet and a G-string hanging above the bed of your 12 year old son? thought not.

Sorry if you had already seen. But i just think people who are clammoring for him should be aware of some of his personal life. Would you realy want a photo of brand new Bills QB Jimmy Clausen wearing only a Bills Helmet and a G-string hanging above the bed of your 12 year old son? thought not.

Fair enough. I do think he has matured quite a bit from those pictures though. 4 years at Notre Dame will help a man mature. If hes there, and they like him more than Tebow, than he will be a Buffalo Bill IMO.

"Clausen’s mechanics have him telegraphing throws at times – he’ll need to get over that in the pros. Tends to set his feet and lead coverage to his primary read without looking off defenders."

This is what bothers me the most and it's not the first time I read it. He'll be eaten alive in the pros. If a scout (or two) can see this so will the HC and DCs that will gameplan for him.

So while he's the most pro ready QB in the draft, he will still have to change some fundamental things like footwork, how is that different than changing your throwing motion? (and I don't like Teabow either)

What football players have personal lives, unheard of.

Would you take Big ben who has been accused of raping people.?

Whats the difference?

You people are funny Clausen sucks..so does Tebow

clausen gets all of this hype because of he was on an overated team and ND. Just as it was proven by his time there he is not a winner.

Tebow is a running back that played QB on a team that was stocked with talent. He is horrible

What football players have personal lives, unheard of.

Would you take Big ben who has been accused of raping people.?

Whats the difference?

No i wouldn't take Big Ben the rapist. But JC is ambiguously gay and i do not want a gay qb leading my team. We get laughed at enough withought having a masive potential bust qb who will be videotaping his teammates in the shower. That being said, I would obviously rather have a player on my team being a homosexual than a pathetic rapist X's 100. I don't think JC is going to be good and i don't want to waste our first on him. Id rather see lightening Spiller scoring every 4th time he touches the ball personaly.

No i wouldn't take Big Ben the rapist. But JC is ambiguously gay and i do not want a gay qb leading my team. We get laughed at enough withought having a masive potential bust qb who will be videotaping his teammates in the shower. That being said, I would obviously rather have a player on my team being a homosexual than a pathetic rapist X's 100. I don't think JC is going to be good and i don't want to waste our first on him. Id rather see lightening Spiller scoring every 4th time he touches the ball personaly.

Not to mention that position is already filled by Trent Edwards.

Um, the first photo is a photoshopped one of Liberace. As for the second one, that's the kind of suit you actually wear in a swim race ....

Geez.

Is that also the way that swimmers pose when they are racing?!?

[Just having some fun]