YE OLE's official Jason Campbell Poll

Jason Campbell  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Jason Campbell on the Bills?

• Yes for a 3rd rd. pick or higher
    • Yes for a 4th rd. pick
    • Yes, but only for a low rd. pick
    • Yes, but only if he's cut and we pick him up as a free agent
    • No, I'd just as soon give Trent/Brohm or draft pick a shot

Nothing higher than a 4th for me Ye. Truthfully even that seems a bit high.

YE OLE's position is that's a bit much. I truly have no interest in Campbell coming here. Many may disagree, but I'd rather see Trent have another go at it under this new system vs. bringing in Campbell. If the guy was just floating around out there and we signed him to come in and compete, I'd be fine with that, but I don't want to sacrifice picks for the guy.

Before you vote you need to understand that he is a Restricted Free Agent.

Meaning that we have to work out a deal.

At minimum it would look like a 3 year $12 mil.

I'm not a fan of giving this dude a multi year contract.

We can pass on Campbell. He doesn't add anything to the 3 Headed Donkey QB situation that we have now.

We don't need a 4th Donkey.

We can pass on Campbell. He doesn't add anything to the 3 Headed Donkey QB situation that we have now.

Donkey Donkey everywhere... but not a QB that can play!

Not worth going for him, IMO...free agent or not. We might as well open up the competition and see what Brohm/Edwards can do under a different regime.

Campbell has done little to impress me. He's been on some bad teams and lost a lot of games. I'm not seeing what the difference is between him and what we currently have. I'm not at all convinced that Trent will ever come back from having his bell rung, but at least prior to that he showed flashes of being a VERY good QB. I'd take a shot with him and Brohm before going for Campbell.

Nothing higher than a 4th for me Ye. Truthfully even that seems a bit high.

Straight up for Trent Edwards! If not, than a 5th rounder...but not if that means we're not going to draft another QB in the first couple of rounds!

Campbell

Stats Overview Passing

SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2009 327 507 3618 64.5 7.14 84 20 15 43 86.4

Career 1002 1637 10860 61.2 6.63 84 55 38 109 82.3

Edwards

Stats Overview Passing

2009 110 183 1169 60.1 6.39 46 6 7 23 73.8

Career 506 826 5498 61.3 6.66 70 24 25 58 77.9

I think if edwards had as many attempts as campbell their stats would be similar (giving a slight edge to Campbell for less INTs and QB rating). Bringing campbell is not an impact move at the QB position and does not improve the team, especially if we have to give up any picks. The Bills have too many holes and need all the picks they can get to fill them. I would still rather see the Bills have Edwards/Brohm/Fitz/2nd round (or higher pick) compete for the starting role next year.

Campbell

Stats Overview Passing

2009 327 507 3618 64.5 7.14 84 20 15 43 86.4

Career 1002 1637 10860 61.2 6.63 84 55 38 109 82.3

Edwards

Stats Overview Passing

2009 110 183 1169 60.1 6.39 46 6 7 23 73.8

Career 506 826 5498 61.3 6.66 70 24 25 58 77.9

I think if edwards had as many attempts as campbell their stats would be similar (giving a slight edge to Campbell for less INTs and QB rating). Bringing campbell is not an impact move at the QB position and does not improve the team, especially if we have to give up any picks. The Bills have too many holes and need all the picks they can get to fill them. I would still rather have the Bills have Edwards/Brohm/Fitz/2nd round (or higher pick) compete for the starting role next year.

I was originally going to say a fifth or lower but you guys convinced me the Bills don't need him and would be better off taking a QB in the draft.

I was originally going to say a fifth or lower but you guys convinced me the Bills don't need him and would be better off taking a QB in the draft.

I don't agree with this. What QB in the draft is more NFL ready than Campbell? Washington was an absolute mess and he improved every year. He had a worse oline than ours and a worse groups of receivers. The fact is that they could make a play for a really good QB that was upgrade. If they didn't make the McNabb trade, they were going to start Campbell.

Well YE OLE, if you don't like Trent, I don't see why anyone would want more of the same in Campbell.

Living here in DC, and prior to the arrival of Shanahan and Bruce Allen, the Redskins were a mirror image of the Bills. The only difference was the ridiculous spending of the Skins vs. the miserly conservatism of Wilson. That's it.

Same type of no direction front office, signing the same garbage players, drafting foolishly, and having no sense of how to win come game day.

Jason Campbell is the Redskins version of Trent Edwards.

Now, I personally feel Trent deserves a better chance than he has received thus far from the Bills. But if he does not pan out, I certainly don't want more of the same!

Say NO to Campbell!!