Campbell

I like him better than Trent Edwards and especially Ryan Fitzpatrick as a short term solution to keep the seat warm for a young QB. But, giving up anything more than a 6th for a stopgap seems like a bad investment. I'd rather just wait for Marc Bulger to be turned loose from St. Louis after the draft, and then add him to the mix without giving up compensation.

So you are one of those fans that appreciate the Bills' dumpster diving for players? Bolger? Wow!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is the African American version of JP Losman. Stats lie. he fumbles too much, takes horrible sacks, no ability to scramble properly, and a 2 cent brain.

To top it off, Campbell actually has WR's and TE's who know what a hash mark is and how to cross on a pattern.

Well except the part where he's improved every year in the NFL despite crappy talent surrounding him and the fact he went undefeated in the best conference in college football and was the player of the year.

I hope not. I could see us picking him up . Skins will no doubt shop him around. Somebody`s reject to us ? Just say NO. :thumbsup:

Nix was mainly an SEC scout and Campbell played @ Auburn. Nix probably has a pretty good idea of whether he wants him as our QB or not. If something doesn't come from this it's because Nix said no to the idea. There will be plenty of people crying about why on both sides of the arguement, but whatever decision they make we'll all have to deal with it anyway.

Nix was mainly an SEC scout and Campbell played @ Auburn. Nix probably has a pretty good idea of whether he wants him as our QB or not. If something doesn't come from this it's because Nix said no to the idea. There will be plenty of people crying about why on both sides of the arguement, but whatever decision they make we'll all have to deal with it anyway.

Exactly. If the price is right, why not? And Clausen may turn into a good player, but this draft's best qualities are OTs and DTs. I want some of them.

Well except the part where he's improved every year in the NFL despite crappy talent surrounding him and the fact he went undefeated in the best conference in college football and was the player of the year.

I usually like your posts, but I think you're off on this one. Campbell has talent, but he can't handle pressure, and chokes in the clutch all the time. He has flashes, but there's a reason why they shipped him out for a guy on the down side of his career who also has a reputation for choking.

Won't happen. Gailey has been fired enough times to realize that coaching gigs can be fleeting and he'll want to bring in his own guy through the draft to develop this year. He can't afford to wait. I think it's a lock that the Bills trade up into the late 1st, early second to land Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow (most likely Tebow).

McCoy's arm is not the "Buffalo" arm Nix described in his first interviews. Tebow, I'm not sold on either. I'm still not sure about that throwing motion or that all of his running skills translates to the NFL. If the Bills were more solid across the board then I wouldn't mind Tebow, but to me, in their current state, if the Bills take a guy in the first or second this year he better be starting or playing a lot. Is that Tebow?

McCoy's arm is not the "Buffalo" arm Nix described in his first interviews. Tebow, I'm torn on. To me, if you take a guy in the first or second this year he better be starting or playing a lot. Is that Tebow?

This is how I feel. The earliest I would take him is the 3rd, and even that has a lot of questionmarks. He probably won't last to our 2nd pick. There seems to be too many other players in this draft that have more upside than him and a lot less risk.

Christ, nice rant. Again, I said it's NOT a long term fix. I don't think Campbell is okay just because he's a 5th round pick, but I also don't think a rookie is the answer for this team. This team needs too much this year, it's not all going to get fixed. But if they can focus on fixing the lines in the first couple rounds and go after their QB next season, I think that's the best answer. IN THE MEAN TIME, what would it hurt to have another guy fighting for the QB job?

I have no idea where this "economy" rant you went on came from. Knowing that it's better to set the lines instead of blowing your picks on a bunch of over-hyped rookies has nothing to do with economy. Either does trying to find the best guy (even if the best means not very good) until you are able to bring in the long term answer.

Im with you. Im not trying to say that Campbell is the long term answer but unless you think that your franchise QB is in this draft (which I do not) why the heck isnt it worth it to give the guy a shot for the right price. Anyone who tries to tell themselves that Campbell is not better than Edwards or Fitz is hittin the Bills Kool-aid to hard. Also anyone who thinks that Chan can turn any of the 3 qbs we have into our long term answer is also nutz. There is a reason that we were in on McNabb & its cause Buddy and Chan know our 3 qbs suck harry ones. I agree that you need a very good QB to be a contender in this league but to develop that very good qb you need a steady front 5 in front of him. Until we stabalize our line I still support holding off on a first round QB. If you want to draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th and give him time to develop thats fine but then you still need a stopgap that will allow you to be competitive in the mean time and the only guy available right now for a reasonable price would be Mr. Campbell.

He is the African American version of JP Losman. Stats lie. he fumbles too much, takes horrible sacks, no ability to scramble properly, and a 2 cent brain.

To top it off, Campbell actually has WR's and TE's who know what a hash mark is and how to cross on a pattern.

No way. LoL. He does fumble. That can be rectified with a decent O-line. So can the sacks. I saw him start to throw the ball away last year too though, instead of taking those sacks. But the truth is, any QB trying to make a play is going to take sacks. I don' t know if he has a 2 cent brain either. I think the various coaches and coordinators he's been under have something to do with it. If they can get him for a low draft pick no reason not to. He would be better than any QB they could take in the low rounds for the foreseeable future.

I understand folks not being high on Campbell. But I would say when a team is in the position that the Bills are in they need to think outside the box. Sometimes a guy needs a fresh start and better coaching. I don't think you can say Campbell isn't tougher than Trent. I don't think you can say he doesn't have a stronger arm than Trent or Fitz. Does their stats lie or are they as terrible as it looks? And as bad you say Campbell is he's put up more yards and TD's than either of them and played more games. I will take a QB with 3600 yards and 20 TD's in my lineup until I can find one who can put up 4000. Which could be Campbell if he gets protection.

Exactly. If the price is right, why not? And Clausen may turn into a good player, but this draft's best qualities are OTs and DTs. I want some of them.

I'm with you 100%. Can't people see that this is the head coach debacle all over again? We're not a "Cowher" team. We ARE a "Gailey" team. And we're not a "McNabb" team. I think we're better than any of "The 3" can offer, but we're honestly not worthy of much more than Campbell. He'd be an upgrade and his level of talent is the best we're going to get. Kind of like bringing in Gailey.

Campbell has improved every year in the league and it's not like the Skins have been a steady team. The mcNabb trade was a good one for them and they had to do it. But if Campbell was available cheap (a 5th or so), I'd definitely take a flyer on him.

Unless they are 100% sold on Clausen (and I'm not), I would rather get some quality big guys in a draft loaded with them than take a QB at #9 in one of the worst QBs classes in a long time.

Exactly, Campbell has improved every year in the league, and is a mobile enough QB that it should help keep plays alive while our line gains experience. And he is a definite step up from anyone we have at the position right now. If we can get him cheap enough, its worth a shot. Clausen, for all of the hype, hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

I usually like your posts, but I think you're off on this one. Campbell has talent, but he can't handle pressure, and chokes in the clutch all the time. He has flashes, but there's a reason why they shipped him out for a guy on the down side of his career who also has a reputation for choking.

New coaches want their own QBs. McNabb is a top 10 QB at this point and is more proven than Campbell. Campbell has progressed every year with an organization that has been every bit as dysfunctional as the Raiders. He had a new coordinator every year, yet his stats improved every year.

I won't offer more than a 4th, but the Skins giving him a 1st round tender shows they were willing to keep Campbell for the season. He definitely is a guy I can see leaving one situation and becoming a good player in a new one.

campbell is tougher , with a bigger arm

IF the Bills get him for a 5th they should be thrilled

I think a 5th rounder for Campbell is a good trade for us if we do not draft a quarterback in the first two rounds.

He has improved so much that Shanny says no way does this guy lead my team. You think Trent`s a dink and dunker wait till you get a look at Campbell. :thumbsup:

this is not the guy for us...agreed....take a QB at pick 9 and be done w it

Campbell is better then any QB on our roster. If we can pick him up cheap I would welcome him in for a camp competition.

The Bills also have way too many holes ot fill, and Clausen really isn't worth it for this team.

Bring in Campbell and if we suck it up real bad in 2010 we should be in the lead for the Jake Locker sweepstakes, and we can fill in some glaring needs this year

No way. LoL. He does fumble. That can be rectified with a decent O-line. So can the sacks. I saw him start to throw the ball away last year too though, instead of taking those sacks. But the truth is, any QB trying to make a play is going to take sacks. I don' t know if he has a 2 cent brain either. I think the various coaches and coordinators he's been under have something to do with it. If they can get him for a low draft pick no reason not to. He would be better than any QB they could take in the low rounds for the foreseeable future.

I understand folks not being high on Campbell. But I would say when a team is in the position that the Bills are in they need to think outside the box. Sometimes a guy needs a fresh start and better coaching. I don't think you can say Campbell isn't tougher than Trent. I don't think you can say he doesn't have a stronger arm than Trent or Fitz. Does their stats lie or are they as terrible as it looks? And as bad you say Campbell is he's put up more yards and TD's than either of them and played more games. I will take a QB with 3600 yards and 20 TD's in my lineup until I can find one who can put up 4000. Which could be Campbell if he gets protection.

Yeah except when Trent takes them...then he is not trying to make a play he is just being Trentative right?...anyway...I lied I like Campbell a little more than say...Marc Bulger...lol...and a ton more than Tebow...but really that's not saying much of anything hehehehhehee...also...hate to bust the TBD bubble but if you think Trent checks down too much...you're gonna LOVE (thats sarcasm) Jason Campbell heehheheheheh

I say get him, release Trent and Ryan and go in the season with Campbell, Brohm and a 1st or 2nd round rookie. You then let the 3 youngsters go at it. All three should take the competition seriously because all 3 have something to prove as well as all 3 should have a chip on their shoulder. I think it would push one of them to reach their supposed potential. All 3 are still coachable. We already know what we have with TE and RF.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,232069

I really don't know what to think. Poor bastard has had how many different HC's and Coordinators? Gailey has done more with less than what he brings to the table so who knows.

I will say this....Edwards and Brohm lovers, give it up already. It is more than apperant they don't plan on having your guys start.

I already posted that... in the Campbell thread. I know that seems weird and all but trust me if we keep things consolidated they will be easier to discuss, that's just me though.

ICE is incapable of posting his brilliance within some meager thread started by others... his genius always requires its own thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,232069

I really don't know what to think. Poor bastard has had how many different HC's and Coordinators? Gailey has done more with less than what he brings to the table so who knows.

I will say this....Edwards and Brohm lovers, give it up already. It is more than apperant they don't plan on having your guys start.

Clearly Campbell is better than anything we have. I don't like any of the "top guys" in the draft too much. Maybe Tebow.

What about Zac Robinson later in the draft? Is he worth a flyer? Earlier in the year I heard about a sleeper named Jay Clocker but news about him seems to have dried up.

Clearly Campbell is better than anything we have. I don't like any of the "top guys" in the draft too much. Maybe Tebow.

What about Zac Robinson later in the draft? Is he worth a flyer? Earlier in the year I heard about a sleeper named Jay Clocker but news about him seems to have dried up.

Jake Locker?

or

Jay Clocker?

I hear Zaaaaaa Crobinson is a mobile guy, is a fast learner.

ICE is incapable of posting his brilliance within some meager thread started by others... his genius always requires its own thread.

While completely true, I didn't see the campbell thread or I would have just responded. But yes you are correct.

What are you saying... Campbell can throw a 3 yard checkdown and lay on his back better than Edwards? Interesting how people can make excuses for Campbell's situation and dismiss Edwards when HIS situation (coaches, coordinators) was far worse. I mean....Doughboy was our OC last year!!!!! My god man!!!

If we trade any of our picks for Campbell, then our front office has sealed it's fate as inept and will be another failure as we head through several more years of losing seasons.

I'd rather have Bulger for nothing than Campbell for any draft picks.

We have three below average quarterbacks on the roster why do we need another.

What are you saying... Campbell can throw a 3 yard checkdown and lay on his back better than Edwards? Interesting how people can make excuses for Campbell's situation and dismiss Edwards when HIS situation (coaches, coordinators) was far worse. I mean....Doughboy was our OC last year!!!!! My god man!!!

Campbell didn't suck ass in college like Edwards did. Campbell was prime to become a good QB in the NFL, Edwards has always sucked