Jason Peters ripped for his poor play in Philly last year

Are you like 8 years old? You have to be because you obviously have no memory of Ruben Brown as a Bill.

PTR

To be fair, he is named after a delicious sandwich...

Those that think JP is the best LT in the league are kidding themselves. Does he suck? Not really. Does he deserve to be te highest paid? No way.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Including the playoff game, Jason Peters played in 17 games last season.

In only 5 of those 17 games did he make it through a game without giving up a sack or commiting a penalty. And in only 2 of those 5 games where his stat sheet was "clean" did he play the entire game. So, yeah..he's elite alright.

LOL

Again, look at what they said about sacks on the site.

Yeah, he had some penalties last year, which often happens in your first year in a new offense with a new QB.

And yeah, he's elite. It's amazing that even with those penalties weighing against him, his pass blocking was so terrific and his run blocking so good that his ranking was quite high even though he played injured quite a bit.

What makes you think I was speaking to you? You didn't start the thread (although you're doing a good job of keeping it going).

What makes you think I cared whether you were speaking to me? Am I only allowed to respond to people who were talking to me? But you get your wish, this will be my last response to you on this thread.

That's a great point, aside from the fact you're completely wrong.

Jason Peters sacks came

Week 2 v New Orleans (1)

Week 7 v Washington ( 1)

Week 8 v Giants ( 1)

Week 14 v NYG (1)

Week 16 v Den (1)

Week 17 v Dal (1)

So, three came in the first half of the season, 3 in the second half.

He also decided to let McNabb eat turf in the playoff game for a total of 7 sacks.

Do you enjoy being wrong, or does it just come naturally to you?

Keep up, dude. He was injured early and then reinjured late-ish. His ankle had a hell of a year. Check the papers if you doubt me.

Outta here for now.

Are you like 8 years old? You have to be because you obviously have no memory of Ruben Brown as a Bill.

PTR

No wonder fans of other teams hate us. We even trash the rare probowlers that this team develops. No wonder nobody wants to play here.

if you are referring to cross and banks as d/bags then you my friend are an id-ot and have no clue about what you are talking about and should IMO be totally ignored!

I'll take the word of current players, coaches and GMs over former player talking heads thank you very much. How many games did Cross and Banks play against Peters? How many game plans did they come up with? If the answer to any of these questions is ZERO?....then that is how important their and your opinion is!!! You latch onto these two guys and ignore everyone else because it confirms your opinion. This my friend is called "belief persistence". You look for other opinions and continue to discredit them all until you find the one guy that agrees with you and then you say "See....I knew I was right all along" Problem is you can always find a dissenting, Cross and Banks, opinion.

SOoo closed minded guys like you always think they are right if they can find one jack ass to agree with them and should totally be ignored.

IMO of course :rolleyes:

Yeah, two guys who watched the highlights, and the argument is over.

Look at the stats and the season instead.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Last year, he was the sixth best pass blocker in the league, and the only reason he wasn't much better was that he was gimping around on an injured ankle for 3 or 4 games, yet playing because they needed him. Before his injury in the fifth game of the year, he was listed as the 3rd best overall tackle.

Among other results of that trade, it is extremely likely to cause us to use our #9 draft pick to replace Peters and therefore preventing us from getting Spiller, Dan Williams, McClain, or another potential difference maker.

Worst trade we've made in years.

I dont have a problem with the trade at all......it got us Eric Wood who I love as a player and beleive he will be back.....and a promising you pass catching TE.

No the problem I have is the LACK OF PLANNING when they made the trade......it was almost as if Ralph Wilson said....well FU Jason Peters we dont need you then we will just play with what we got".....what they SHOULD have done was bring in a cheaper aging LT insurance policy and give Demitrious Bell some spot play to give stability to the left tackle position.....and NOT cut Langston Walker who was doing just fine on the right side.

I dont have any problem with the trade just how they handled everything there after

Keep up, dude. He was injured early and then reinjured late-ish. His ankle had a hell of a year. Check the papers if you doubt me.

Outta here for now.

So he was conveniently injured during each of the 7 -spread out games..he gave up sacks?

MAkes sense.

LOL @ you

Yeah, two guys who watched the highlights, and the argument is over.

Look at the stats and the season instead.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Last year, he was the sixth best pass blocker in the league, and the only reason he wasn't much better was that he was gimping around on an injured ankle for 3 or 4 games, yet playing because they needed him. Before his injury in the fifth game of the year, he was listed as the 3rd best overall tackle.

Among other results of that trade, it is extremely likely to cause us to use our #9 draft pick to replace Peters and therefore preventing us from getting Spiller, Dan Williams, McClain, or another potential difference maker.

Worst trade we've made in years.

Good post - the churn in draft picks has been just grinding on this team - Losman, McGahee, Lynch, Whitner, Maybin I would even throw Evans in the mix as players who have either gone bust or have not been consistent impact players. Trading Peters only adds to the mess. I know all of this is history and the reason for bringing Nix in as the new GM. Point simply is that you can't build if you are also constantly tearing down.

I have two words regarding O-linemen in the Pro Bowl: RUBEN...BROWN. 'nuff said.

PTR

+1. Why can't you guys just let it go. Peter's is gone and good riddance. Move on for crying out loud. Anybody who watched him play this past year cannot honestly tell me that is a pro bowl LT.

I dont have a problem with the trade at all......it got us Eric Wood who I love as a player and beleive he will be back.....and a promising you pass catching TE.

No the problem I have is the LACK OF PLANNING when they made the trade......it was almost as if Ralph Wilson said....well FU Jason Peters we dont need you then we will just play with what we got".....what they SHOULD have done was bring in a cheaper aging LT insurance policy and give Demitrious Bell some spot play to give stability to the left tackle position.....and NOT cut Langston Walker who was doing just fine on the right side.

I dont have any problem with the trade just how they handled everything there after

If you add on to the bolded statement above..."....because the fans will buy tickets and we will sell out the stadium anyway...."....then you pretty much have it 100%

I was listening to Sirius Radio coming in to work today and they were talking about the Donovan McNabb trade situation. Randy Cross ( former NFL O-Lineman) and Carl Banks ( Former Giants LB) were saying that McNabb's O-Line last year couldn't play dead at times.

Then Cross made a point to say that if you had to rely on Jason Peters to keep you off the ground, you might want to go ahead and lay down before the snap, because he was awfull. Carl Banks laughed and agreed.

Thought this would be a nice FYI for those who are always saying that the Bills lost out on the Peters trade, and you don't trade a franchise left tackle in the prime of his career. Peters hasn't played well since 2007, and now that Philly has lined his pockets with franchise LT money, he may never play well again.

Stop being obsessed with him being voted into the popularity bowl.

Peters is as overrated in Philly as he was here. He went from giving up the most sacks in the NFL with us in 2008 to being the most penalized OL in the NFC in 2009. He is overrated, overpaid and and not missed by knowledgeable Bills fans.

You guys kill me. Like this D-bags opinion means anything. I'm sure Peters was really concerned on the way to his 3rd consecutive pro bowl. The problem is you can always find some idiot with a dissenting opinion. The error is inflating it's importance compared to the over whelming evidence to the contrary.

That's the problem with Peters. He probably wasn't concerned with his performance, because he got paid, and again undeservedly got voted to the Pro Bowl.

He didn't give up 12 sacks by any reasonable measure.

Again ... http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Use that link Thurman, click on "2008," and see where they rank Peters. Then look at "QB s(ac)k." They ranked him (tied for) 44th and said he gave up 13 sacks.

Peters is as overrated in Philly as he was here. He went from giving up the most sacks in the NFL with us in 2008 to being the most penalized OL in the NFC in 2009. He is overrated, overpaid and and not missed by knowledgeable BLIND Bills fans.

FIXED

That's the problem with Peters. He probably wasn't concerned with his performance, because he got paid, and again undeservedly got voted to the Pro Bowl.

Exactly. Over the past 4 seasons, Peters has spent more time whining about a contract than he has actually spent blocking anyone with any success.