Jason Peters ripped for his poor play in Philly last year

I was listening to Sirius Radio coming in to work today and they were talking about the Donovan McNabb trade situation. Randy Cross ( former NFL O-Lineman) and Carl Banks ( Former Giants LB) were saying that McNabb's O-Line last year couldn't play dead at times.

Then Cross made a point to say that if you had to rely on Jason Peters to keep you off the ground, you might want to go ahead and lay down before the snap, because he was awfull. Carl Banks laughed and agreed.

Thought this would be a nice FYI for those who are always saying that the Bills lost out on the Peters trade, and you don't trade a franchise left tackle in the prime of his career. Peters hasn't played well since 2007, and now that Philly has lined his pockets with franchise LT money, he may never play well again.

Stop being obsessed with him being voted into the popularity bowl.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to Sirius Radio coming in to work today and they were talking about the Donovan McNabb trade situation. Randy Cross ( former NFL O-Lineman) and Carl Banks ( Former Giants LB) were saying that McNabb's O-Line last year couldn't play dead at times.

Then Cross made a point to say that if you had to rely on Jason Peters to keep you off the ground, you might want to go ahead and lay down before the snap, because he was awfull. Carl Banks laughed and agreed.

Thought this would be a nice FYI for those who are always saying that the Bills lost out on the Peters trade, and you don't trade a franchise left tackle in the prime of his career. Peters hasn't played well since 2007, and now that Philly has lined his pockets with franchise LT money, he may never play well again.

If you take a look at any of the Eagles/Cowboys games you can see the "best" of Jason Peters. I find it funny that it was a chuckle fest when the Bill had to trade Peters and now the Eagles are slashing prices to get McNabb out because they've let it fester this long in public.

And Fez, most national radio shows (sirius in particular) praise Schobel as a guy that is a good player in this league. Kelsay I hear a lot about for his contract when they talk Bills, but not Schobel in the least. Maybe in local forums...

You guys kill me. Like this D-bags opinion means anything. I'm sure Peters was really concerned on the way to his 3rd consecutive pro bowl. The problem is you can always find some idiot with a dissenting opinion. The error is inflating it's importance compared to the over whelming evidence to the contrary.

You guys kill me. Like this D-bags opinion means anything. I'm sure Peters was really concerned on the way to his 3rd consecutive pro bowl. The problem is you can always find some idiot with a dissenting opinion. The error is inflating it's importance compared to the over whelming evidence to the contrary.

Well, I'm assuming you're a Bills fan. Did you think Peters earned his trip to the Pro Bowl when he gave up 12 sacks in 2008?

And yes, their opinion means nothing. Randy Cross is only an NFL analyst for CBS and Sirius NFL Radio and a former 4-time Super Bowl winning o-lineman and Carl Banks is an analyst for Sirius radio and the Giants color man on the radio, and a former pro bowl LB. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about. I'll side with you, who probably bases all of your opinions on Jason Peters' Madden ratings.

Yeah, and radio talk shows (and Bills posters) say that Shoebel sucks too. What's your point?

Are you referring to callers or radio personalities? Because the two on sirius are former players. Either way, I thought it was pretty obvious that Peters didn't live up to the huge contract last year.

Yeah, two guys who watched the highlights, and the argument is over.

Look at the stats and the season instead.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Last year, he was the sixth best pass blocker in the league, and the only reason he wasn't much better was that he was gimping around on an injured ankle for 3 or 4 games, yet playing because they needed him. Before his injury in the fifth game of the year, he was listed as the 3rd best overall tackle.

Among other results of that trade, it is extremely likely to cause us to use our #9 draft pick to replace Peters and therefore preventing us from getting Spiller, Dan Williams, McClain, or another potential difference maker.

Worst trade we've made in years.

Like the Pro Bowl voters who year after year send guys to the game based on reputation alone?

Yeah, no doubt the Bills could beat the Pro Bowl lineup 9 games out of ten.

Let's see, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson DeSean Jackson, Brandon Marshall Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis, Ryan Clady, Logan Mankins, Steve Hutchinson, Nick Mangold, Mario Williams, Jared Allen ... and it just goes on and on.

It's awfully easy to see how these guys all suck. Made it purely on reputation alone. Wouldn't want any of them on my team.

Last year, he was the sixth best pass blocker in the league, and the only reason he wasn't much better was that he was gimping around on an injured ankle for 3 or 4 games, yet playing because they needed him. Before his injury in the fifth game of the year, he was listed as the 3rd best overall tackle.

Among other results of that trade, it is extremely likely to cause us to use our #9 draft pick to replace Peters and therefore preventing us from getting Spiller, Dan Williams, McClain, or another potential difference maker.

Well, you just contradicted yourself, because if you're going to try to use stats to grade an O-Lineman, then Demetrius Bell is better than Jason Peters.

Bell gave up 5 sacks, Peters gave up 6 sacks.

Thanks

By what frickin' measure does Peters grade out as the 6th best of anything? Ask McNabb when he's he's running for his life vs Dallas if he thinks Peters is 6th best? And by the way, Peters' salary says he's supposed to be THE BEST! You think the Bills made a bad deal? What do you think the Eagles feel like paying $11M/yr to this bag of schitt?

PTR

Well, I'm assuming you're a Bills fan. Did you think Peters earned his trip to the Pro Bowl when he gave up 12 sacks in 2008?

And yes, their opinion means nothing. Randy Cross is only an NFL analyst for CBS and Sirius NFL Radio and a former 4-time Super Bowl winning o-lineman and Carl Banks is an analyst for Sirius radio and the Giants color man on the radio, and a former pro bowl LB. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about. I'll side with you, who probably bases all of your opinions on Jason Peters' Madden ratings.

He didn't give up 12 sacks by any reasonable measure.

This has been mentioned about a million times, but that stat is horribly flawed. If an OT is locked up with someone and someone else runs by him, he gets charged for a sack, even if the QB held the ball for a minute and a half. Basically, the only possible reason to use that entire stat is to attack Jason Peters.

On these boards, a video compilation of sacks that season left pretty much everyone who saw it feeling that Peters had been responsible for somewhere between 5 and 8 sacks, and most of them were at the beginning of the year ... not surprising when you miss training camp.

"... you, who probably bases all of your opinions on Jason Peters' Madden ratings," you say?

Again ... http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Sixth best pass protector in the league in a year when he played several games gimpy, taking one for the team.

Well, you just contradicted yourself, because if you're going to try to use stats to grade an O-Lineman, then Demetrius Bell is better than Jason Peters.

Bell gave up 5 sacks, Peters gave up 6 sacks.

Thanks

Learn to read and use stats and come back and talk to me. Thanks.

Yeah, and radio talk shows (and Bills posters) say that Shoebel sucks too. What's your point?
Agree, Also raise your hand and say uncle if you have had enough of the peters threads.

I could less what he does in philly and it does not make me feel any better if hes playing like crap or not!!! :rolleyes:

He didn't give up 12 sacks by any reasonable measure.

This has been mentioned about a million times, but that stat is horribly flawed. If an OT is locked up with someone and someone else runs by him, he gets charged for a sack, even if the QB held the ball for a minute and a half. Basically, the only possible reason to use that entire stat is to attack Jason Peters.

On these boards, a video compilation of sacks that season left pretty much everyone who saw it feeling that Peters had been responsible for somewhere between 5 and 8 sacks, and most of them were at the beginning of the year ... not surprising when you miss training camp.

"... you, who probably bases all of your opinions on Jason Peters' Madden ratings," you say?

Again ... http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Sixth best pass protector in the league in a year when he played several games gimpy, taking one for the team.

He gave up 6 sacks last year when didn't even play every game. Keep pumping your chest over him being elite.

D-Linemen get paid to sack the QB, and OT's get paid to prevent sacks. You can keep making excuses for him, but Jason Peters' critical stats say he is very mediocre.

Yep, the watered down Pro Bowl is a great judge of talent. I live in the Philly area and he was blasted by writers and radio most of the year.

By what frickin' measure does Peters grade out as the 6th best of anything? Ask McNabb when he's he's running for his life vs Dallas if he thinks Peters is 6th best? And by the way, Peters' salary says he's supposed to be THE BEST! You think the Bills made a bad deal? What do you think the Eagles feel like paying $11M/yr to this bag of schitt?

PTR

Did you go to the website? Did you click on "Pass Block" to rank the players by pass blocking record last year?

That's the frickin' measure.

And go check out the first Dallas game, when Peters was healthy. Can you say "stonewall." Go check out the Carolina game when they got so frustrated at Peters completely handling Peppers that they switched Peppers to the other side.