Jason Peters ripped for his poor play in Philly last year

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go to the website? Did you click on "Pass Block" to rank the players by pass blocking record last year?

That's the frickin' measure.

And go check out the first Dallas game, when Peters was healthy. Can you say "stonewall." Go check out the Carolina game when they got so frustrated at Peters completely handling Peppers that they switched Peppers to the other side.

Oh, now it's Peters has a boo-boo? Is that the excuse now? Jason Peters is stealing money.

PTR

Well, I'm assuming you're a Bills fan. Did you think Peters earned his trip to the Pro Bowl when he gave up 12 sacks in 2008?

And yes, their opinion means nothing. Randy Cross is only an NFL analyst for CBS and Sirius NFL Radio and a former 4-time Super Bowl winning o-lineman and Carl Banks is an analyst for Sirius radio and the Giants color man on the radio, and a former pro bowl LB. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about. I'll side with you, who probably bases all of your opinions on Jason Peters' Madden ratings.

Yes I did. If you are one of those guys that questions the ruler when you don't like the measurement we will never agree. I prefer to stick to the facts of what we know and not question accepted standards of recognition for performance if I don't like the result.

Don't play madden by the way. And me personally, instead of putting all my trust in Randy Cross I will put it in the players, coaches and GMs that made Peters a pro bowler. But HEY.....what do they know???? You have opened my eyes. I would rather believe the opinion of a rare dissenting voice and a nameless, faceless internet forum user who is devoid of any credibility what so ever :rolleyes:

I have 8 words regarding Ruben Brown. BEST ... LINEMAN ... EXCEPT ... PETERS ... IN ... RECENT ... BILLS ... HISTORY.

Are you like 8 years old? You have to be because you obviously have no memory of Ruben Brown as a Bill.

PTR

Learn to read and use stats and come back and talk to me. Thanks.

Including the playoff game, Jason Peters played in 17 games last season.

In only 5 of those 17 games did he make it through a game without giving up a sack or commiting a penalty. And in only 2 of those 5 games where his stat sheet was "clean" did he play the entire game. So, yeah..he's elite alright.

LOL

Including the playoff game, Jason Peters played in 17 games last season.

In only 5 of those 17 games did he make it through a game without giving up a sack or commiting a penalty. And in only 2 of those 5 games where his stat sheet was "clean" did he play the entire game. So, yeah..he's elite alright.

LOL

$11/m a year says he's elite. :rolleyes:

PTR

Are you like 8 years old? You have to be because you obviously have no memory of Ruben Brown as a Bill.

PTR

I was rooting for the Bills to lose the last game of the season the year that O.J. Simpson was coming out. I remember Mini Max Anderson. I remember Bobby Chandler getting his spleen ruptured.

Ruben Brown was a freaking road grader. Nobody stood in his way.

Oh, now it's Peters has a boo-boo? Is that the excuse now? Jason Peters is stealing money.

PTR

So is that loser Eric Wood. He can't even play a full season and will likely miss all off season activities. We need to get rid of locker room cancers like this!!!! See...I can make up BS too and present it like it's a forgone conclusion.

I like what we got for Peters....Wood and Nelson

Hey an unproven rookie guard with a severly broken leg that will miss all off season and might not ever be the same player and a TE that couldn't crack the staring line up for a 3 time pro bowl LT.....sure sounds like a good deal to me. :rolleyes:

This is why the Bills have stunk for so many years. If you think getting rid of pro bowlers makes our team better you deserve our 10+ year record of failure.

Peters is no longer a Bill, and who wants to live in the past? Move on, please.

I'll be sure to live my life by your precepts from now on.

If you aren't interested, don't open the thread. It works for me and the McNabb threads.

I'll be sure to live my life by your precepts from now on.

If you aren't interested, don't open the thread. It works for me and the McNabb threads.

What makes you think I was speaking to you? You didn't start the thread (although you're doing a good job of keeping it going).

He gave up 6 sacks last year when didn't even play every game. Keep pumping your chest over him being elite.

D-Linemen get paid to sack the QB, and OT's get paid to prevent sacks. You can keep making excuses for him, but Jason Peters' critical stats say he is very mediocre.

He was playing injured and most of his sacks came in that short period. Also, check out how few pressures and knockdowns he allowed. How come you didn't mention that?

Also, if you want to have an informed opinion, check out what the guys who run the website say about their formulas and how they handle coverage sacks and sacks which are not definitely one guy's fault.

The rankings are NOT based directly on the stats, however. They watched every single game and every single play and noted how many good and bad plays guys made that impacted bad and good results on plays. Peters had a pretty good season, and as I said before, was having a sensational season until the injury.

Yeah, and radio talk shows (and Bills posters) say that Shoebel sucks too. What's your point?

the point is randy cross and carl banks are two former great articulate very intelligent former players.

when they speak you better listen because they know what they are talking about.

i would say in this instance what is your point because his point is quite obvious to me and you seem to be the one who is clueless.

to compare some unnamed radio talk show hosts and bills fans some how compare to cross and banks is absolutely ridiculous!

You guys kill me. Like this D-bags opinion means anything. I'm sure Peters was really concerned on the way to his 3rd consecutive pro bowl. The problem is you can always find some idiot with a dissenting opinion. The error is inflating it's importance compared to the over whelming evidence to the contrary.

if you are referring to cross and banks as d/bags then you my friend are an id-ot and have no clue about what you are talking about and should IMO be totally ignored!

He was playing injured and most of his sacks came in that short period.

That's a great point, aside from the fact you're completely wrong.

Jason Peters sacks came

Week 2 v New Orleans (1)

Week 7 v Washington ( 1)

Week 8 v Giants ( 1)

Week 14 v NYG (1)

Week 16 v Den (1)

Week 17 v Dal (1)

So, three came in the first half of the season, 3 in the second half.

He also decided to let McNabb eat turf in the playoff game for a total of 7 sacks.

Do you enjoy being wrong, or does it just come naturally to you?