McNabb to the Bills for Picks?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we build a new team by trading draft picks for a veteran QB??

I mean, sure, McNabb's a gamer but I just don't see how trading needed picks for a mid-30's QB will turn the fortunes of the team around.

Because you can't win without a QB.

I really don't care about 3 years from now. I want the Bills to play offensive football that is not mind numbing boring and incompetent.

Ten years since the last playoff game- the last playoff win in Bill Clintons first term?

I think we've waited long enough.

Bring him in.

Well there are all kinds of reports claiming the rumors are still false and even speculation that because the stories are coming out of Phi that they might be using the media to try and drive up the price for him...

Second, McNabb is the same age as Payton and Brady and has probably at least 3 and maybe 5 good years left. Considering most QB's take 3 years to really come into their own, why would bringing in McNabb to help put this franchise back into relevancy why we groom a young guy be a bad thing?

Seriously, McNabb on this team last year and we win 5 more of those close losses we had. How anyone can look at last year and not believe we win almost all those close games and make the playoffs with someone of McNabbs caliber is just blind, in denial, or just doesnt watch the games.

Our QB play was atrocious in those games and yet we were close and almost won most of them. Add in a new system, better coachiing, a healthy O Line (hopefully with a promising young LT from the draft added to it), and better offensive scheme and McNabb instantly makes this team a contender for the playoffs next year. If either Hardy or Johnson steps up along with Nelson becoming more of a factor in the passing game, then we could have a very potent offense. I already expect the D to be better, especially with Davis and Maybin now added into the LB core and Byrd starting for the whole season.

I get the constant dissapointment with this team, but there is more talent here than the posters like to give credit for, and McNabb would instantly take us out of the cellar and make us relevant. The best part, is we already have a young QB to develop behind him in Brohm, and given McNabb will give us at least 3 good years, we have time to find another young QB in the next couple of drafts if Brohm doesnt show enough in the next year or two.

To me, adding McNabb for what is being reported he can be had for is a no brainer...It actually makes less sense for the Rams given how far away they are from competing if they really love Bradford. So I would be surprised if they did because the apparently are really high on Bradford at #1

No. He is a bandaid to a bigger problem. We need a young franchise QB. Not someone who will be out of the league in a few years.

Exactly :thumbdown: Old dog+new system+ inexperienced line and one WR = fail

Just what the Bills need, another Drew Bledsoe...

If Buddy Nix is really worth a damn at evaluating talent then those #2 & #3 picks could be the Bills starting LB & WR for the next ten years!

Screw McNabb, if the team is rebuilding again... then draft someone to develop and learn under Chan Gailey.

Yeah but think about this for a minute.....what in the world could the rams offer him on the field that we cannot?

We both have running games.......the rams are absolutely a pathetic franchize.......you have to be REALLY bad to be drafting number 1 overall......

If we could trade them our 2nd and whitner we could use that 1st round pick on Baluga........

whose to say we aren't calling about Kolb? I'd prefer him given our rebuilding, and would seem to fit Gailey's system...

Kolb is an intriguing sleeper at the quarterback position. Despite a phenomenal college career, he is still relatively unknown. That's simply the reality of playing at Houston. But Kolb made himself known to people who matter-such as NFL scouts-with an enormous senior season. Kolb threw 30 touchdowns to just four interceptions in leading Houston to a Liberty Bowl appearance, where he threw for 386 yards and three scores in a loss to South Carolina. That's great production, and Kolb has great potential. He has good size (6-3, 220 pounds) and arm strength and is a surprisingly adept runner considering his size. Kolb is a real threat to beat defenses with both his arm and his legs. Having been a four-year starter for the Cougars, Kolb clearly has necessary experience to step right in and be a serviceable backup. Kolb has to work on his accuracy and holding onto the football. There's also some suspicion that Kolb's results might have been the product of Houston's pass-happy spread offense. He will either be a late day one pick or early day two.

McNabb would be a nice addition, but I wouldn't give much up for him for a few reasons:

1. We've never seen him play w/o a line. He's always struggled when opposing defenses apply pressure, and in Buffalo he's going to see pressure. More than he's seen at any time in his career.

2. McNabb isn't particularly accurate. He can make some big plays, but he throws a lot of passes into the ground.

3. He's been getting injured recently, and whereas other big-time QBs have come back from big injuries, he's been suffering from nagging injuries which seem to be hampering him consistently.

To clarify, I'd rather have him than what we have now, but I wouldn't give much up for him.

Maybe they're tired of building through mediocre draft picks, and they have decided to invest in proven talent? I don't know. It worked for New Orleans

First Brees is much younger, two Nix didn't make the mediocre draft picks and this ain't the Big Easy.

I agree. Who would want a future HOF QB who has led his team to the playoffs in 8 or his 12 seasons and led them to 4 NFC championship games? It would be a terrible mistake to add a player like this to a floundering joke of a franchise. :thumbdown:

5 NFC championship games...forget he just took them against the Cardinals in Jan 2009 (yes, just 14 months ago)?

And he has only been in the NFL for 11 seasons (so he's made the playoffs 8 of 11 years)