"Hell no... I'm going to bed." - Buddy Nix

Chilly

From http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...-on-free-agency

ORLANDO, Fla. -- At 12:01 a.m. on the opening day of free agency, the Miami Dolphins were arranging to meet with linebacker Karlos Dansby, the New York Jets were burning the phone lines and the New England Patriots were finalizing a deal to bring back franchise nose tackle.

I asked Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix what he was doing at that moment.

"Sleep," he said Monday while taking a break from the NFL owners' meetings at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes. "They asked me if I was going to be there, I said 'Hell, no. I'm not doing that. I'm going to bed.' "

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this says to me is that we didn't tamper with any free agents.

And you don't exactly get good deals when you sign players within the first ten minutes of free agency. Especially in a year with no cap.

Agreed. Donahoe signed a guy at 12:01 AM and it was a bad signing. Buddy wasn't going to sign anyone on day one so wny not get a good night's rest! He's picked up three starters in FA at a fair price to get us going on our transition. Pretty nice work so far.

Agreed. Donahoe signed a guy at 12:01 AM and it was a bad signing. Buddy wasn't going to sign anyone on day one so wny not get a good night's rest! He's picked up three starters in FA at a fair price to get us going on our transition. Pretty nice work so far.

Ah, a Jeff Posey reference. Nice. :nana:

Green is a starter?

Ah, a Jeff Posey reference. Nice. :nana:

Donahoe lets the more talented, productive and congenial Pat Williams go and signs the very prickly, over weight and less productive Sam Adams. It is was one bad personnel decision after another for the past decade and more. When will it ever end???? :thumbsup::flirt:

+1 Buddy seems to be more fixated on finding the players he truly wants and not just grabbing headlines.

Maybe the strategy was not to blow a huge sum of money on day one especially in a year where the number of solid free agents are down...slim pickings.

Not many other teams were active as well. This was the worst free agency year in quite some time which is why we have seen more trades. The lack of a CBA agreement is the main culprit here.

With that being said why lose sleep over it. We may not have to worry at all about it next year if an agreement isn't reached. The fans will be sleeping through next years free agency start.