"Hell no... I'm going to bed." - Buddy Nix

Chilly

Like literally sleeping while every other team in the division is getting better? Really?

Sorry guys I can't believe everyone else is believing this BS that OBD is feeding us.

The guys we signed so far are:

Backup/old RT

Backup MLB

DE/DT medically failed by 3 teams

I'm glad we passed on guys like Dansby, didn't trade our 3rd for proven Pro-Bowler Boldin and went for those three....

How come I'm not so confident we are going to outsmart every other team in the draft? Because odds are it won't happen.

Get serious. How did the Dols improve themselves? By essentially trading a guy who got 9 sacks for them (Porter) for another overrated LB who isn't a great fit for the 3-4? And possibly losing another guy (Taylor) who got 7 sacks for them? Considering they don't have a #1 WR, why didn't they trade for Boldin, a guy who grew up and played college ball in Florida?

And the Pats got better...how? LOL!

As for the Jets, Cromartie is overrated. There's a reason why the Chargers were willing to deal him. While losing Thomas Jones and adding LT is a downgrade for them.

As for the Bills, none of the guys who were gone on the first few days of FA wanted to play in Buffalo anyway. And what they got was 3 starters, with 2 of them (Davis and Edwards) being highly-regarded. Oh and BTW, Edwards didn't fail any physicals. Not that it matters, since he didn't have any problems last year, didn't re-injure himself, and was cleared by Cappuccino.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess... you like spending 20 mil on a guy who was failed by 3 teams.

I didn't say Cromartie. And it's not just the AFC East. I'm sure every other GM in the league was awake at 12:01... I thought that was part of the job description.

Do you honestly believe that the Bills/current regime will year over year outsmart other teams with more resources in the draft?

The Dwan Edwards signing was an excellent one. He is the quintessential 3-4 DE gap-filler. I couldn't care less about failed physicals with other teams. If there is one person all Bills fans should trust in this organization, it's Dr. Andrew Cappuccino (remember Kevin Everett?), who gave Edwards a clean bill of health.

To answer your question, I think Buddy Nix is an incredibly intelligent football mind and has shown time and again an ability to spot the right players. I've been down on the Bills the past 10 years, but Nix has brought a ray of hope with his no-nonsense approach and knowledge of what it takes to succeed.

Get serious. How did the Dols improve themselves? By essentially trading a guy who got 9 sacks for them (Porter) for another overrated LB who isn't a great fit for the 3-4? And possibly losing another guy (Taylor) who got 7 sacks for them? Considering they don't have a #1 WR, why didn't they trade for Boldin, a guy who grew up and played college ball in Florida?

As for the Jets, Cromartie is overrated. There's a reason why the Chargers were willing to deal him. While losing Thomas Jones and adding LT is a downgrade for them.

As for the Bills, none of the guys who were gone on the first few days of FA wanted to play in Buffalo anyway. And what they got was 3 starters, with 2 of them (Davis and Edwards) being highly-regarded. Oh and BTW, Edwards didn't fail any physicals. Not that it matters, since he didn't have any problems last year, didn't re-injure himself, and was cleared by Cappuccino.

Keep saying it over and over and then YOU might start believeing that hogwash

Keep drinking the koolaid.

Edwards - Ravens let him go because they wanted him to have surgery and the next 2 stops he failed his physical. We were his only option (see TO). We just committed 4 years to him. Prove otherwise.

Bills lost TO, Reed, Butler, Fine, Palmer, Jenkins, Denny, Wendling, Incognito, top coaches. Tell me we are better

Edwards - Ravens let him go because they wanted him to have surgery and the next 2 stops he failed his physical. We were his only option (see TO). We just committed 4 years to him. Prove otherwise.

Tim Graham debunked the "he failed 2 physicals" stuff, because those reports were based off of his report and taken out of context. And who cares what the Ravens wanted him to have done (which was probably a negotiating tactic to get him to lower his asking price)? I'll take Cappucchino's word over anyone else's, not to mention that he had no problems last year.

Bills lost TO, Reed, Butler, Fine, Palmer, Jenkins, Denny, Wendling, Incognito, top coaches. Tell me we are better

"Top coaches?" Bahahahahahaha! Good one.

As for the rest, Butler started 2 games and (because of injury) Incognito started 3 games last year. The rest were backups, except for TO who I agree will be a big loss. But he's still available. :lol:

You almost had me, but "top coaches" is way over the top!

Yes how will we ever get by without 2 gunners an undersized linebacker that couldnt tackle and Denny's two career TD's catches?

And what top coach? DJ? April? Fewell?

And?

2 key statements:

1.) "We don't get excited about the first week or being up there at midnight and 12:01, signing somebody. We let it play itself out and make sure that the guys we get fit what we need and fill a need."

and

2.) "We're looking to build something solid so we can win consistently," Nix said. "We're not just trying to do it this year and then start over every year. Winning consistently is our goal."

You, and all of the other knee-jerk idiots out there must be total baffoons. You honestly don't think that Nix, Whaley, and crew don't know who the free agents are at every position?

How were the Chargers built? I don't recall them making huge moves in free agency during the past decade, either. Funny, but the Colts don't seem to be active in free agency ever, either. Both of those teams build through the draft, and hold onto their own because they know what they have.

This is a stupid post that tries to imply that the Bills are missing something.

If I recall the NFL pro's about free agency this year, it has been said that this is a weak year for free agency and a strong one for the draft.

So please, stop with the knee-jerk reactions and let's judge the offseason by the 2010 win-loss record and signs of improvement on the field.

You want to talk about stupid posts? Please show me where, in my original post, I criticized Nix's strategy of not signing anyone at midnight. I have no clue where you got all this crap from.

You want to talk about stupid posts? Please show me where, in my original post, I criticized Nix's strategy of not signing anyone at midnight. I have no clue where you got all this crap from.

You are totally correct, Bluefire.

Red, you have to read a bit more carefully. I won't do a complete audit but when last I checked this post, there were three, maybe four negative comments about what Nix said. There are 58 posts so far.

In other words, the huge majority of people who posted on this thread had no problem with what Buddy Nix said. If you want to rail out, then take exception to what a specific poster said. Don't just indiscriminately throw a bomb into a crowd. We have too much of that going on around here as it is.