UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this statement is the only thing that's ridiculous.

he's played QB very well over the last 4 years. but his throwing motion needed some improvement if he is going to survive in the NFL.

Or do you think that other players do not work to change/improve their game at all between college and the pros?

No way; Celtic makes a great point.

Tebow is changing his mechanics because he has to to be a successful NFL quarterback. Because he is just doing this now, we don't know how he will progress in his mechanics.

Taking Tebow in round 4 or below would be a mistake, demonstrating similar logic as drafting McGahee in the first.

A different eyewitness perspective: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/1...with-new-motion

In between his I'm-later-than-everybody-else entrance and his pulling babies out of the stands to snap pictures with -- true, and no word if there was a $160 charge on the kid's first credit card -- Tebow worked out for the 100 or so scouts and coaches in attendance.

The verdict: He was better than that disastrous performance he put on at the Senior Bowl.

The meaning: Tebow-mania is back in full force.

The reality: It shouldn't change anyone's thinking.

"Yeah, he threw it better," said one NFC scout. "But when you watch the tape he doesn't read the field. They didn't ask him to do that here. He never was forced to do it. That's the important thing. He has to read the field. You can tweak the motion and work the feet, but he just doesn't play instinctive in the pocket. That shows up."

Wuerfel is a hall of famer I thought???...c'mon...lets not make the comparison...Danny could sling it WAY better than Tebow can

if fans and media could WILL this guy to be great...he'd be the next Steve Young...too bad so sad...maybe he'll be an excellent back up water boy somewhere...with that attitude he'll rise right to the top...

I think Jamarcus Russell had a great pro day too.

On another note, how awesome would it be if the Raiders drafted Tebow with their first pick, I mean it doesn't get any better than that.

Impossible, Tebow's a HB. Al Davis only drafts fast wide receivers.

TeSlow is not a good QB...he's a good person...good people without skills should be coaches not players lol...sorry he's too young...not worth the money...not worth the risk for a franchise already in deep doo doo...

i'm not convinced that tebow is the answer to our qb woes - but the rediculous hate and not true statements made about him are just wrong - and im not addressing just you but all the tebow bashers . . .

all tebow has done is win, win and oh btw win - he also has shown exceptional leadership ability on and off the field making everyone around him play better which is a rare ability these days - mix in that his dedication and preparation is second to none - he is a winner plain and simple

not sure about you but i could use a qb in a bills uniform that wins and displays leadership traits that makes everyone around him play better, not to mention be properly prepared physically and mentally for game day - every game day without fail

tebow did all that for four years - he is a good qb - and just saying that he isn't, does not make it true

Against top talent the guy looks slow...a slow scrambling QB??? c'mon...now he knows he has to have a decent arm to make it in the pros?????...he didn't know that before???...his throws are weak...yeah he put up numbers against some wack college defenses...but c'mon...the kid is not a good QB

addressing the bolded part of your so-called post - bs

Linky

On the heels of an impressive workout at Florida's pro day, league sources say that Tim Tebow is among those players who have been invited to New York for the April 22-24 NFL draft.

Todd McShay in an ESPN Insider article;

So does this change Tebow's draft value? Those teams that see Tebow as an eventual starting quarterback are hopeful, but those who rate him as no better than a third- or fourth-round pick did not see enough to change their opinion of him. Tebow showed unexpected athleticism at the combine and eventually could contribute at another position if quarterback doesn't work out, but when grading him strictly as a quarterback, he remains a third-round pick on our board.

Tebow simply has too much developing to do and too many obstacles to overcome to be worth taking any higher.

If Brady Quinn was embarrassed Tebow should be downright ashamed. They'd better put an overnight cot in that room they sent Quinn to. :w00t:

Pro days are dumb. I can them for small colleges who don't get on tv much but at this point, what more do we really need to know about Florida players? Unlike JP Losman, guys in shorts does nothing for me.

Ya know what else is dumb? 8 f'ing threads about Tebow.

I hope we draft him. I actually think he'd be good for the Bills... but as an added bonus I get to watch this board explode for the next 4 weeks with "Chan's an idiot, fire Buddy, I'm done as a Bills fan and the ever famous I've been a season ticket holder for x amount of years and this is unacceptable" posts.

At this point of a QB's career it really doesn't matter what he is now it matters what coaches do with him once he arrives. Great coaches make great or at least serviceable QB's.

They've said that with the expanded format this year they were going to invite all possible 1st and 2nd rounders. No big surprise that he is there as he likely is a 2nd rounder on some boards.

It still seems too risky to have the guy waiting around. If I'm Tebow I'd make up some excuse to not go. Something like I have another potential $250,000 autograph session set up.